It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Nanny State Can't Last

page: 6
6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by ffman
 


I have been against any and all forms of social programs since I was old enough to vote. They are unconstitutional and simply nothing more than wealth redistribution schemes.

Clinton, Bush, and Obama are all criminals.


So, you'd be against your parents working for 50 yrs and not being allowed to retire and working until they die? What about if your kid was born with a mental disorder and could not work, what would you do?

This nation is a firm believer that if you contribute to the growth of this nation that when your time comes for help that your Nation will be there for you. That is the idea being social programs like Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security.




posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1


Your purebreed racists back then owned slaves and were deadset against them. The Founding Fathers were however slave owners but had enough foresight to not make slavery the law of the land as they were proficient enough to know that we would eventually outgrow it and outlaw it hence why there was absolutely zero provision in the Constitution requiring people to own slaves because that would've gone against everything the doc stands for.





If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it






"I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races


Yea, no racism in those quotes from Lincoln is there?




edit on 15-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1


So, you'd be against your parents working for 50 yrs and not being allowed to retire and working until they die? What about if your kid was born with a mental disorder and could not work, what would you do?

This nation is a firm believer that if you contribute to the growth of this nation that when your time comes for help that your Nation will be there for you. That is the idea being social programs like Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security.


Nothing prevents people from investing for their own retirement. Why rely on the government to take care of you? Why do you insist on government supporting you instead of supporting yourself in retirement? That is indicative of a mindset that is too stupid, or simply too lazy to provide for oneself. Which one are you?

I'm assuming you have zero knowledge whatsoever of the Constitution, correct?



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Your purebreed racists back then owned slaves and were deadset against them. The Founding Fathers were however slave owners but had enough foresight to not make slavery the law of the land as they were proficient enough to know that we would eventually outgrow it and outlaw it hence why there was absolutely zero provision in the Constitution requiring people to own slaves because that would've gone against everything the doc stands for.



If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it



"I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races


Yea, no racism on those quotes from Lincoln is there?


There is no proof he said this, just speculation and spun propaganda in order to demonize and trash Lincoln's good image. More propgandic lies courtesy of The NEoConserviBaggerNazi's who want to take this nation back to the mid 1800's. Nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


This is his verbatim quote from the Lincoln-Douglas Debates:



I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.



Or do you think those never happened either?

Just admit you are wrong kid. For some reason, you insist on acting like a fool.



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1


So, you'd be against your parents working for 50 yrs and not being allowed to retire and working until they die? What about if your kid was born with a mental disorder and could not work, what would you do?

This nation is a firm believer that if you contribute to the growth of this nation that when your time comes for help that your Nation will be there for you. That is the idea being social programs like Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security.


Nothing prevents people from investing for their own retirement. Why rely on the government to take care of you? Why do you insist on government supporting you instead of supporting yourself in retirement? That is indicative of a mindset that is too stupid, or simply too lazy to provide for oneself. Which one are you?

I'm assuming you have zero knowledge whatsoever of the Constitution, correct?


I'm ADHD Extreme with a head that does whatever the flip it wants, when it wants and for as long as it wants and am unable to hold down a job because my head is uneasy.It locks up on me so bad it hurts and quite often takes hours to break free. My mom in 09 was diagnosed with COPD and was forced to retire, what should she do? Die?

Nowhere in The Consititution did it prohibit the states or Federal Government from launching social programs and let me school you about the nation's first ever social program adopted by the then Gen. Washingtn who decreed that if any slave fought for the nation they would be granted freedom, guess what, he and the nation kept that promise to those who fought.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


This is his verbatim quote from the Lincoln-Douglas Debates:



I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.



Or do you think those never happened either?

Just admit you are wrong kid. For some reason, you insist on acting like a fool.


II am sorry but I cannot take that as being an accurate recollection of the historical record.



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Welcome to the club. 32, diagnosed with adult ADD when I was 19.Prescribed a number of things, including Adderall. Worked, but didnt like the way it made me feel so I stopped taking everything. Life is full of struggles, get used to it. ADD is not an excuse for your parasitic ways. I support my family and manage to put money away for retirement.

Thanks for proving your lack of Constitutional knowledge. You mistakenly believe it is an affirmative grant of powers with a few exceptions. You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

The federal government has ONLY the powers enumerated in the Constitution, and when it comes to spending the taxpayers money, the ONLY powers it has can be found in Article 1 Section 8.

Do yourself a favor and read it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

II am sorry but I cannot take that as being an accurate recollection of the historical record.


Then you admit to being an ignoramus who refuses to believe factual data because it conflicts with your little idealogical world view.

You are either an idiot, or a troll. Which one is it?


edit on 15-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili
 


thats is what i will never understand why people depend of mother and father government.

theres an old saying never keep all your eggs in one basket.

401ks were created as an addition to social security and unlike social security the 401ks value increases with time

which means it will be paying people more in the long run.

401ks,iras,social security the life that people do have from those is far far better than just relying on social security.


i will never understand some people.
edit on 15-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 





The NeoConserviBaggerNazi's



Where have I seen this...ah yes, Outkast searcher a friend of yours?



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lincoln laid the foundation and framework that would become the 13th and 14th Amendments and if he was a racist he wouldn't've done a thing.

Lincoln also was a thorn in the side of TPTB and we had an ally in Ruusian Tsar Nikolas, I who told Queen Victoria and The Rothschilds that if you interfere with The American Civil War that you have a problem with Russia,

That order cost both Lincoln and Nikolas their lives.



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ffman
 





Tea Partiers


You do realize that the true " tea partier's" aren't affiliated with Republicans right? Today's Tea Partier's are typically not accorded the same respect by our MSM political and media establishment, even as they protest a government arguably more arrogant than that of the eighteenth-century England. The movement is grass roots individuals, which by the way, represent both parties, and don't acknowledge the left vs right paradigm. Further, not one Tea Party has a " leader ", its citizenry who are genuinely concerned for the direction of this country.



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Welcome to the club. 32, diagnosed with adult ADD when I was 19.Prescribed a number of things, including Adderall. Worked, but didnt like the way it made me feel so I stopped taking everything. Life is full of struggles, get used to it. ADD is not an excuse for your parasitic ways. I support my family and manage to put money away for retirement.

Thanks for proving your lack of Constitutional knowledge. You mistakenly believe it is an affirmative grant of powers with a few exceptions. You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

The federal government has ONLY the powers enumerated in the Constitution, and when it comes to spending the taxpayers money, the ONLY powers it has can be found in Article 1 Section 8.

Do yourself a favor and read it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)


Article I Section 6 allows for the creation of social programs.



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Huh? Do you even know how to read? Seriously, A1S6 contains no such wording.

Isin't it recess time for you yet troll?



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 





This nation is a firm believer that if you contribute to the growth of this nation that when your time comes for help that your Nation will be there for you. That is the idea being social programs like Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security.



Boy, you sure have alot of faith for government, that has repeatedly infringed on your rights, infringed on your personal life, and liberties.

under the constitution, Article 1 section 8 does not grant powers to congress to establish social welfare programs. The social welfare programs ongoing, are nothing more than redistribution of wealth, and a burden on the tax payer.



Nowhere in The Consititution did it prohibit the states or Federal Government from launching social programs


Re-read the Constitution there kiddo, you have much to learn. Oh by the way, announcing that you have ADHD, doesn't really help your argument, only solidifies your arguments lack merit.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Welcome to the club. 32, diagnosed with adult ADD when I was 19.Prescribed a number of things, including Adderall. Worked, but didnt like the way it made me feel so I stopped taking everything. Life is full of struggles, get used to it. ADD is not an excuse for your parasitic ways. I support my family and manage to put money away for retirement.

Thanks for proving your lack of Constitutional knowledge. You mistakenly believe it is an affirmative grant of powers with a few exceptions. You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

The federal government has ONLY the powers enumerated in the Constitution, and when it comes to spending the taxpayers money, the ONLY powers it has can be found in Article 1 Section 8.

Do yourself a favor and read it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)


Article I Section 6 allows for the creation of social programs.




Really, you sure about that?

[Compensation]

Article 1 section 6:

(The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States.) (The preceding words in parentheses were modified by the 27th Amendment.) They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.



Nowhere in the confines of the text grants powers to Congress to establish any form of social welfare.

Try again~
edit on 15-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
article 1 section 8


yep they see that welfare word they and they think it means sitting on their butts having someone else pay all their bill play xbox 360 with a $2000 tv

all paid for by someone who was working.
edit on 15-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I stand corrected, Article I Section 8 Clause I covers it!

en.wikipedia.org...

Plus adheres to the Preamble's clause of "To form a more perfect union" clearly allows for the creation of social programs.



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded
 


Infowars is not a news source. It is idealogical fiction.

We are not in a "nanny state"...the US ranks far...far...down on the list when it comes to social safety nets, healthcare benefits etc.

"Nanny State" sure is catchy though.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join