It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nanny State Can't Last

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Not a fan of history are you?

Lincoln believed freeing the slaves would keep the union intact, it had nothing to do with the blacks themselves.

As the comments I posted show, he cared nothing for the negro.

He admitted that.

You support him, and by your own admission, anyone who defends a racist is a racist himself.

Lincoln was a tyrant, too bad Booth didn't get the job done earlier.

Lincoln did what he had to to keep this fortress intact. I am defending the fact he kept the nation intact and should forever be credited for doing just that. To see this as anything else makes you the misinformed one.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Kid you have been exposed. Now you are simply trying to weasel your way into another position and feebly attempt to defend it.

Not going to work.

Lincoln was a tyrant by every definition of the word. John Wilkes Booth should be the national hero, not Lincoln.

You still support a racist, thereby making you a racist as well. Don't ever forget that

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Kid you have been exposed. Now you are simply trying to weasel your way into another position and feebly attempt to defend it.

Not going to work.

Lincoln was a tyrant by every definition of the word. John Wilkes Booth should be the national hero, not Lincoln.

You still support a racist, thereby making you a racist as well. Don't ever forget that

Doublespeak here will not work and shows your extreme lack of a thinking brain.

Go back to school and actually learn something.

The claim that Lincoln was a racist is baseless whereas he back then was not a racist and this is a lie perpritrated by The NeoConserviBaggerNazi's to discredit a Great American. The only reason why he is being trashed and demonized nowadays is because he was against the Confederacy which every damn NeoConserviBaggerNazi has already said that they want to take us back to that era.

Learn history my friend before you try to come back at me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We're talking about the same Lincoln, right? Abraham? 16th President?

From Lerone Bennett Jr.:

Lincoln was a crude bigot who habitually used the N word and had an unquenchable thirst for blackface-minstrel shows and demeaning "darky" jokes. He supported the noxious pre-Civil War "Black Laws," which stripped African Americans of their basic rights in his native Illinois, as well as the Fugitive Slave Act, which compelled the return to their masters of those who had escaped to free soil in the North.

His fondest dream, Bennett writes, was of a "lily-white America without Native Americans, African Americans and Martin Luther Kings."

These facts are not new, of course, in part because other historians have responded to a furious anti-Lincoln article Bennett wrote for Ebony in 1968 by providing less heroic profiles of the 16th President.

Read more: www.time.com...

From that neo-nazi right-wing rag Time Magazine.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

We're talking about the same Lincoln, right? Abraham? 16th President?

From Lerone Bennett Jr.:

Lincoln was a crude bigot who habitually used the N word and had an unquenchable thirst for blackface-minstrel shows and demeaning "darky" jokes. He supported the noxious pre-Civil War "Black Laws," which stripped African Americans of their basic rights in his native Illinois, as well as the Fugitive Slave Act, which compelled the return to their masters of those who had escaped to free soil in the North.

His fondest dream, Bennett writes, was of a "lily-white America without Native Americans, African Americans and Martin Luther Kings."

These facts are not new, of course, in part because other historians have responded to a furious anti-Lincoln article Bennett wrote for Ebony in 1968 by providing less heroic profiles of the 16th President.

Read more: www.time.com...

From that neo-nazi right-wing rag Time Magazine.

Time Magazine is a property of Turner Time Warner, Inc. who is majority owned by a known racist, Ted Turner. The same Time Magazine who named Hitler as The Man Of The Year in 1938. Time Magazine to me holds no credibility.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Man, you're reaching is gold.
I hope your own sword doesnt hurt too much.

So who owns Lerone Bennett Jr.?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Man, you're reaching is gold.
I hope your own sword doesnt hurt too much.

So who owns Lerone Bennett Jr.?

TPTB who is using the Baggers and Birthers the same way they used the Evangelicals to try and divide this nation so that it collapses and look at where The Evangelicals are now, got thrown under the bus in 2006 when it was convienent for them to do so and make no mistake and have zero illusion the same will happen to both the Baggers and Birthers. You are the ones who are being suckered into blind obideince.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Okay, cool. So for the record you think this man here is a shill who has been duped by mysterious TPTB into warping his research and work into something that contradicts the real events of history.

I'm happy to give you more rope but it just isnt fair.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You are seriously insinuating Lincoln was not a racist?

I guess I shouldn't expect too much of you. I've seen your posts in other threads, they seem to follow along the same path of full fledged retard as your posts in this thread do.

Lincoln was most certainly a racist. Denying that makes you a fool.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Okay, cool. So for the record you think this man here is a shill who has been duped by mysterious TPTB into warping his research and work into something that contradicts the real events of history.

I'm happy to give you more rope but it just isnt fair.

Do you get it by now, you just can't walk into a magazine spot and get a job talking about politics as you must swear 100% total blind allegiance to TPTB in order to authour one article. If you authour anything that is hypocritical of TPTB gets you demonized and trashed and burned. You type what they want, when they want, however they want and if you don't you will never work in media ever again. History is always written by the winners and is never a true account of past events.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A re-post of my topic opening post:

For those complaining about the "Nanny State" and US debt:

Where were you during the Bush administration? Where were the cries of outrage when the same welfare programs existed during a Republican-led administration? Where were the gripes over spending when we entered two wars that added hundreds of billions of dollars to the US debt?

In my opinion, what we are seeing now from Tea Partiers and conservatives is nothing more than plain ol' typical partisanship that underlies our political system. If they were really concerned about debt, or nanny-state programs, significant changes would have been made while they were in power under President Bush. Today, it's too easy for conservatives to lay the blame on President Obama and other Democrats - when this debt problem has been growing for years upon years. But, whine a little, point the finger - and guess what, more followers and voters for you!

(By the way, I'm a registered independent.)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What I get is that you arent looking at anything.

Bennett is not the author of the magazine article. The Time article is a review of his book in 2000 citing evidence of Lincolns personality and beliefs.

It would do you a lot of good to stop, check and think instead of fighting to grim death to validate your opinion any way you can which at this point I see has devolved into insults and blaming phantoms.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ffman
A re-post of my topic opening post:

For those complaining about the "Nanny State" and US debt:

Where were you during the Bush administration? Where were the cries of outrage when the same welfare programs existed during a Republican-led administration? Where were the gripes over spending when we entered two wars that added hundreds of billions of dollars to the US debt?

In my opinion, what we are seeing now from Tea Partiers and conservatives is nothing more than plain ol' typical partisanship that underlies our political system. If they were really concerned about debt, or nanny-state programs, significant changes would have been made while they were in power under President Bush. Today, it's too easy for conservatives to lay the blame on President Obama and other Democrats - when this debt problem has been growing for years upon years. But, whine a little, point the finger - and guess what, more followers and voters for you!

(By the way, I'm a registered independent.)

Fully agree, where were they when PATRIOT ACT, Military Commissions, Iraq, Afghanistan was being proposed? That's right, they were told to go shopping and were told to not worry about it but out of nowhere have the audacity to try and say something now. Get real.

Where were these idiots when $14 Trillion got put on the card?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What I get is that you arent looking at anything.

Bennett is not the author of the magazine article. The Time article is a review of his book in 2000 citing evidence of Lincolns personality and beliefs.

It would do you a lot of good to stop, check and think instead of fighting to grim death to validate your opinion any way you can which at this point I see has devolved into insults and blaming phantoms.

Around that period is when Lincoln's image began to get trashed and demonized all in an attempt to rewrite history. Lincoln's family never owned slaves and was against slavery. This is the facts I am speaking of.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Where were you during the Bush administration?

This is past tired.

Any of us who are sincere have been pushing for the gov to wither and die since we figured out what a scam it all is. For me it started about 22 years ago.

If you want to nag on fair-weather activists by all means go for it but the waving the slogan like it means anything "where were you when blah blah" is very, very tired.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

This is past tired.

Any of us who are sincere have been pushing for the gov to wither and die since we figured out what a scam it all is. For me it started about 22 years ago.

If you want to nag on fair-weather activists by all means go for it but the waving the slogan like it means anything "where were you when blah blah" is very, very tired.

My post goes for the actual conservative/TP politicians and commentators also. They had a chance to make a change in these areas under President Bush - but they chose not to. Pass the buck and blame the next administration.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ffman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So have to own a slave to be racist?

I guess there arent any racists alive today then, huh?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So have to own a slave to be racist?

I guess there arent any racists alive today then, huh?

Your purebreed racists back then owned slaves and were deadset against them. The Founding Fathers were however slave owners but had enough foresight to not make slavery the law of the land as they were proficient enough to know that we would eventually outgrow it and outlaw it hence why there was absolutely zero provision in the Constitution requiring people to own slaves because that would've gone against everything the doc stands for.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This is past tired.

My post goes for the actual conservative/TP politicians and commentators also. They had a chance to make a change in these areas under President Bush - but they chose not to. Pass the buck and blame the next administration.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ffman because: (no reason given)

At 43's feet is the deaths of nearly 9,500 US Servicemen and Servicewomen and where is the outrage there?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ffman

I have been against any and all forms of social programs since I was old enough to vote. They are unconstitutional and simply nothing more than wealth redistribution schemes.

Clinton, Bush, and Obama are all criminals.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join