It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
150 years ago today the USA was divided North vs South, State vs fed freemen men vs slavery, is it that way still?

I see more and more cheep laborers vs experienced labor why should i higher you your old and i can not pay you 5-6 dollars" yes i have been told this, is that not slave labor?

There have been some threads on here tell the Feds to mind there own and let the state take care of the problem is that not state vs fed?And it seems the north is still the north and the south is still the south,
"your from Utah well, i'll hold nothing against you being from the north and all" what does that mean?
my step ant told me this she is "born and raised southern" her words not mine, "you blue bloods need a good ''''@$$ kicking"'' for they why you deserted us" and this is from her.
Just wondering do all southerns feel like her?

My self i have a strange history some fought for the south some fought for the north, if was cut and dry like they the edu the reformed history buffs and such say it is, then yes the south was wrong, even Ken Burns did not got in depth with his Civil War,
Ep 1 just skimmed the surfaces.

Ok enough on the history what about the here and now are we the USA one nation or is it still Dived i ask you how you feel, me i say it is us that vs the feds, and could this be the star of the next divided nation.
mods if this is the wrong place for this feel free to place it where it belongs.
edit on 12-4-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It was not freemen vs slavery,, that is the lie they made up to keep lincoln in office. slavery was a small part of the bigger problem but it was used as a war tactic (just like modern day wmds) to keep up public support for the current administration and so lincoln could get re-elected.
People have got to start reading material from that era to understand what really happened but I understand that something like that takes a little time and effort and that it would require a change in peoples thinking, which goes against their grain in this day and age. If you repeat a lie long enough peoiple will accept it as truth, and that's exactly what the revisionist history of the war is.
There is no denying that slavery was taking place but if it was the main cause of the war and something the Southland wanted to continue why didn't they just lay down their guns and go home? Lincoln had no desire to end slavery, he said so many times publicly. It was only when the northern people started to get tired of war and his support base was dwindling that he pumped up slavery to be the main issue. Why weren't the northern slaves freed by the emancipation proclamation? you did know the north kept slaves until after the war was over right? northern slaves built washington d.c.
Why do people ignore the fact that it was under the american flag that slaves were transported and sold in new england?
People hate our Battleflag because it was used by the Klan and Skinheads so therefore it must be racist.. They also use the christian cross so if you not lookin to grow your hypocrasy to new levels you better shun christianity favourite symbol too, oh and by the way they also use the bible so that has to go too.
The South has been the whipping boy of lies for 150 years its time that stops. If all you have is emptyheaded regurgitation of textbook lies or just stuff youve been told save it.
Read the Slave Narratives,
A Southern History of the War,
There are books that present a more truthful view of that day and time.
And yes the South is different from the north just a little less so in these days because of the yankee lies that our kids have been taught. I have never set foot on any soil but Southern and I never will by choice.
Be glad the choices that are made are not made by me.
Long Live Dixie

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoConfederate

i would like you to tell me what you think of this book it is online seen here www.questia.com... link

THE AMERICAN HISTORY SERIES
THE CIVIL WAR AND
THE CONSTITUTION
1859-1865
it was written in 1906, so oi do not think the "Modern thinking" has gotten to it, but being on line how knows. and thanks for the reply , i look forward to your response.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sir Titus Salt and his mill owner friends, from Yorkshire. Got their local MP to raise questions in parliment and to start a petition about the slaves in the USA. The local MP was called Mr W Wilberforce, from Hull. They were upset because the south, were under cutting the price of their cotton. So they helped to fund the north, against the south. It wasnt about freeing the slaves. It was all to do with the price of cotton.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by NeoConfederate

i would like you to tell me what you think of this book it is online seen here www.questia.com... link

THE AMERICAN HISTORY SERIES
THE CIVIL WAR AND
THE CONSTITUTION
1859-1865
it was written in 1906, so oi do not think the "Modern thinking" has gotten to it, but being on line how knows. and thanks for the reply , i look forward to your response.

Just correcting your link... Book

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'll check it out.
There are actually some very good Pro-Southern sites that have nothing to do with white supremecy and all that crap. People like to group them together because it can be overwhelming for their small minds to think that white folks can be Southern proud and not be a racist at the same time.
Our history is full of lies and racist like naacp, jackson,sharpton,and anything that seperates races (black caucus, b.e.t., ebony mag, etc etc) keep it alive because it butters their bread and keep them from having to get a real job.

top topics

join