It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Simcha Jacobovici believes he got the nails used for the crucifixion of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, in fairness, I think we should preserve them and use them again for the Second Coming. After all, somebody's got to crucify Jesus again, and these nails are tried and true, although not exactly true in whatever sense of the word you use.

Nothing like some relics to get the unevolved excited.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
maybe jesus used a body double when he went on the cross and then fooled everyone when he came back.

That has already been suggested by the Docetics, and that the body double was actually Simon of Cyrene.

THIS IS A LINK TO MORE INFORMATION

Makes sense, I guess. The New Testament is very clear that Jesus (the Christ Spirit) often took many forms, and that sometimes Jesus interacted with the Apostles without immediately being recognized.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Probably off topic but.......

If Jesus was branded as a common criminal law breaker or heretic to make an example out of, why was a rather smart tomb used to inturn his body. You would think the Romans would have used a mass grave for such a criminal in their eyes.

Joseph of Arimathea donated a tomb to put Jesus in. Yeah, he got a little special treatment, not counting being taken down from the cross in what must have been record time. He barely had time to die (if he did at all).

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Thanks for clearing that up, I learnt something today..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So the high priest who handed Jesus to the romans has 2 nails in his tomb, keepsakes perhaps? Guilty conscience? But still, that the tomb is his is still uncertain, and nails are a common find in tombs.
The classic relics scam always makes me chuckle.

Blackadder pardon's curse's & relic's

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Journalist Simcha Jacobovici believes he got the nails used for the crucifixion of Jesus

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Believe me it is better than the original title of this thread

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Believe me it is better than the original title of this thread

And how in gods life could that be?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

because before I poked fun on page one it read.... Jacobovici believes he founded the nails...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

because before I poked fun on page one it read.... Jacobovici believes he founded the nails...

laughing,but not 'ol'.thats funny!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I know but for the record I don't think that either of us mean to belittle the OP it's just that if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously then it pays to choose your words carefully

edit on 4/12/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I know but for the record I don't think that either of us mean to belittle the OP it's just the if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously then it pays to choose your words carefully

For the record I wasn’t trying to belittle the op, I am highly disgusted that Journalist Simcha Jacobovici believes he found the nail...very disgusting and highly impossible, and utterly stupid.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Those nails would be worth value at the time. It's reasonable to assume the Roman soldiers charged with the duties of crucifixions would have reused them for other purposes even for future crucifixions. Same goes for the cross member that hangs on the post to form the cross, rope etc. In all reality nothing could have been salvaged at the time for anyone's macabre collection.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

PS
Even if these nails are from the same place and era of the Christ Crucifixion they can never be authenticated, so it's meaningless to make such a claim in the first place.
edit on 12-4-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

What makes it Jesus' nails? It'snot like they can pull DNA of off them to match anything (that would be a blast, wouldn't it?).

So they found a bunch of nails. Nails were used alot back then, not just for crucifixion.
.a quote/////// the reason is because,where and whose tomb it was found in,thats why they think they are jesus's nails,that was used on him.True,Its a really good story.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

www.time.com... a thread,sorry,didn't know you did,here is what i wrote on other one.news.yahoo.com... out there was the son (joseph of Caiaphas,he was to be a bad one,Then there was the father..Caiaphas,he secretly was a follower of Jesus,he didn't really want Jesus crucified. So,in after -life,he had one in box and one outside of the box.I,sure was surprised when I,saw this show tonight.

Just in time for Easter, an Israeli television journalist has produced a pair of nails he says may have been used to crucify Jesus Christ. "We're not saying these are the nails," says Simcha Jacobovici, holding aloft a pair of smallish iron spikes with the tips hammered to one side. "We're saying these could be the nails."
,They looked just like the one they found in that heel one. I,love watching this guy,Simcha Jacobovici,on international history channel.He only looks for truth and facts.He won't quit until he finds it.,Hope you all like this thread,I,did,very interesting.But we shouldn't think there is power in the nails.But what they stand for,and what Jesus went through.Everyday,we learn new things about people in our bible.That they really did exits .
I,really like this article,Love to watch this guy to.I,saw it last night on my history channel,it was 1 hour long.,I,watch this guy on international history channel.He is a very good,researcher.He don't quit,dtill he finds what he looking for.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
When the picture was being taken, I can imagine him saying "make sure you get my magnum face in the picture". The beret is the icing on the cake.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
For anyone (in (Israel or of Israel) to come out with a STORY like this
TIMED the way it is
is OBVIOUSLY TOTAL BS

this is to get christian america to bend over.
and it will
PS
that is no Beret
that is the kind of hed gear people who don't really believe in christ might wear.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join