It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Simcha Jacobovici believes he got the nails used for the crucifixion of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Journalist Simcha Jacobovici believes he got the nails used for the crucifixion of Jesus

www.haaretz.com

Are these the nails used to crucify Jesus?
Journalist

Simcha Jacobovici believes that the nails discovered in a Jerusalem cave are revolutionary in their implications regarding the birth of Christianity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2383f96c01b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d0fd71f58b3.jpeg[/atsimg]

One of the nails is still attacted to some bone
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2a4f6c0aae3.jpeg[/atsimg]

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1376107/Investigator-claims-2-000-year-old-nails-used-crucify-Jesus.html?ITO=1490]www.dailymail.co.uk[/ url]
edit on 12-4-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
These are the two nails used to crucify Jesus, an investigator has claimed after they were discovered in a 2,000-year-old tomb in Jerusalem.

The tiny relics, which are around two inches long, were first found in 1990 in an ancient Jerusalem grave said to belong to Caiaphas - the Jewish high priest who sent Jesus to the cross.

But shortly after the excavation, the tomb was resealed and the artefacts mysteriously disappeared - until now.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
People other than Jesus were crucified in the days of the roman empire, i get the impression this guy is just trying to get a bit of fame by claiming they are from Jesus.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Not buying it. I'm sure he would like to THINK these are THE nails though

Many people were hung on crosses in those days according to Mel Gibson, haha!

Maybe the cave was a cool place to hang their meat?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To me that would be as unlikely as saying that a 2000 year old jeweled, winged sun belonged to Isis. Give me a break! What is the historical evidence proving the association with Jesus? Everything old that is found in that area can not belong to him, any more that all afro-combs in America belong to Dizzy Gillespie!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think maybe "journalist" is the key word here. A journalist who knows his business. Hype.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
can't be, Jesus ascended to heaven a whole person, he didn't leave behind a piece of bone on a nail. Could be some other poor sap that was crucified, Jesus wasn't the only one to be crucified but he was the only one to live again afterwards.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
HAHAHA They are finding everything which belonged to Jesus these days, Whats next are they going to find his Hammer he used as a carpenter or maybe even his sandals

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HisMajesty

i know, remember this www.abovetopsecret.com...
i think this was only about a week ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
maybe jesus used a body double when he went on the cross and then fooled everyone when he came back.
this could be the genuine bone from jesus's body double, now that would be a cool find.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

LOL they also found him in a pizza www.heraldsun.com.au...

its like trying to find waldo

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HisMajesty

yeah but nothing beats the mother teresa cinnamon bun www.freston.net...
edit on 12-4-2011 by lewman because: weird link

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
no way to prove it was JC anyway.

DNA match to whom?

mary?

God?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They believe the real nails used are still not found.

Except for 1, which is believed to be in the blade of the Spear of Longinus. Forged in years later.

Actually, this guy is either an idiot or looking for publicity, the ends of the nails are BENT! In order to get him off the cross they had to straighten them back to normal, which was customarily done by the family after death.
edit on 4/12/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The nails would have to be longer than these to go through the wrists (not hands) or feet and into the wood. They would probably need a larger head as well.
edit on 4/12/2011 by LuFri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
believes he has found....
just trying to nail down the fine points of this story, you know cross all the t's, not trying to persecute you for your grammar...lord knows my own is full of holes....

edit on 4/12/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh that's my nail. Sorry.

After all these years, someone finally found my nail. It's not Jesus's, now send it to me. We have unfinished business....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
THOSE are tiny tiny according with roman culture the nails should be long to cause the most pain when the flesh was perfored,and they didnt use nails in avery cross the planted,use ropes because the jews were considered slaves.I hope this guy doesnt claim later that he found St.Peters underweare,it maybe a thong.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I love these stories. They come along every so often. Relics. Jeeze. And if you want, I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. Is this really news? BTW my cinnamon roll looked an awfully lot like Jesus, only with a much more sugary white beard. Would anyone like to buy the half eaten remains? I also think I have some of Peter and Paul's old tighty-whities that are going at a discount rate. Any takers?

CJ

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Probably off topic but.......

If Jesus was branded as a common criminal law breaker or heretic to make an example out of, why was a rather smart tomb used to inturn his body. You would think the Romans would have used a mass grave for such a criminal in their eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join