It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big scientific problem with the idea of Creationism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Evolution doesn't mean GOD doesn't exist, evolution means change, everything changes, including biological systems. Why do so many act like we have never seen a system which changes and which is created.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
I offered you a PDF from a physicist, a wikipedia page full of references to further investigate, a quote from Einstein verifying his very own agreement with the basic premise of the theory I offered to expand your understanding of the possibilities...

Hey, I don't know about the posts, but neither myself or "Piekeeper" got any PDF's, links, or scientific articles...so don't make it sound like "we got our evidence" and we "just don't understand" or are "refusing to expand our understanding". Why is it up to OTHER PEOPLE, to prove YOUR assertions.

(And I end up repeating myself yet again...I really have to stop that...I'm done with this.)
edit on 13-4-2011 by meeneecat because: edit

Ah, I just looked, and user "idontcollectstamps" didn't get anything verifiable/scientific either...he had to "help you out"...I guess we're all being ignored then.

edit on 13-4-2011 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

This would mean that Creationism was "true" but just not "provable".

In reality, Creationism is neither true or provable.
edit on 13-4-2011 by meeneecat because: add

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
this topic seems to be an evergreen for people who want to discuss.

Boring.

Creationism is just stupid. not more not less.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR
Evolution doesn't mean GOD doesn't exist, evolution means change, everything changes, including biological systems. Why do so many act like we have never seen a system which changes and which is created.

I don't mean this in a rude way but please quote where in the Genesis part of the bible says that God's original plan was designed to allow for change & evolution. Creationist religions have to keep updating their original beliefs because of things such as Science, dinosaurs, evolution. It's ridiculous. Source material is false! I won't deny that there may be intelligence behind our creation because that is very possible. But all creationist religions just don't fit with our current point of advancement. Do you think christian God would leave behind DNA codes for us to manipulate and 'play god' cloning or even bringing back ancient DNA? All of the bibles everywhere in the world are hand written by man. FACT. I very much doubt God was peering over their shoulders telling them what to write. What makes you think they were telling the truth? Do you also think Joseph Smith was telling the truth?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blarged

"Creationist" doesn't mean the Bible, creationist means those who believe the Universe is created.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
My problem with the evolution theory is as follows:

If we evolved from apes or monkey's or whatever than we would still be whitnessing it everyday. How come there aren't any apes or whatever in the process of evolving to a higher being such as ourselves? When did the evolution stop for the rest of the monkey's and apes?

I'm sure someone can give me a logical answer!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR
reply to post by blarged

"Creationist" doesn't mean the Bible, creationist means those who believe the Universe is created.

Ah then i must apologize. Sorry about that

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Ha ha ha. You can't see what you've just said. What have just done, what did you just create here? Does it have a purpose?.

Your so lost in evolution which is just plain stupid that you can't see how you bastardised your own theory in your own post.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Now on evolution just lets examine one thing. A creature that can't fly growing wings to eventually fly.

So I have arms. I flap them often and after a million years some feathers appear for some unkown reason yet there are no birds in existance yet. Where did feathers come from? Now I still can't fly but evolution demands I must eventually so it has given me feathers. Weird as I don't even know what feathers are or what flying is but I keep flapping my arms. Another 10 million years go by and many of my species die throwing themselves off cliffs for some reason. It appears the feathers aren't arranged well enough but evolution can't work it out as eventually we all die by jumping of cliffs for some reason.

But one small gathering of humans in 60 million years time did manage to grow some feathers and live by not jumping off cliffs and it happenined just by flapping our arms and evolution deciding we must need something else. Now we have perfect wings but nowdon't know what to do with them. Oh my God we are Kiwis and we were once rats! Now the rats eat us.

I'm sorry but it's ludicrous thinking and the only reason I can find that people believe strongly in something they can't prove (evolution) is because the alternative is believing in something they can't prove (God) but holds them accountable for their belief.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I take the side of Creationism.. To think that evolution is responsible for the beauty of this universe perfect order doesn’t make sense … Take the Owl Butterfly, it’s wings has painted eyes to give the appearance of being bigger than really is to scare off predators , now that’s not just an intelligent thought behind that but also a compassionate one!
Oh I can see it now, Charles Darwin standing before his Creator exclaiming “ You’re not suppose to be here!”

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The approach that no-one seems to want to take here is: God and the Universe are one and the same thing!
God happened when the Universe happened... Thus the Universe continues to grow and God continues to grow. Think of how atoms makes up our being. How much of a stretch is it to imagine that God is made up of stars, planets and black holes?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Ummm......The title of your thread and your OP.......are completely unrelated.....You provide no evidence to support your title statement in the body of your post.....All you succeed in doing here, is post a juvenile rant on a subject that is not provable, one way or another...........
What was your point in all this? If your objective was to proselytize and convert, then you have failed to convince, anyone.....What you have, shown, is that you have not fully explored science or spirituality....Science requires one to maintain objectivity and open-mindedness, therefore science will always remain neutral and theoretical, not subject to consensus. Spirituality also requires that one remain objective and open-minded...
thus far science and spirituality have conjectured that "the physical" are subquantum waveforms or vibrations......
One might therefore conclude that there is considerable agreement between these diverse, disciplines...Not consensus, but convergence.....

All that you succeed in accomplishing here is to show your lack of commitment to objective experimentation...........

You will note that I use the term "spirituality" and not religion.....these are unrelated and diametrically opposed in definition......Spiritual pursuits are open systems, while, religions are closed and dogmatic...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

There is absolutely no evidence that we have been "evolved", apart from some random remains found that can be explained a plethora of different ways. It is PURE speculation, nothing more, it is based on faith just as religion is. Which is why I don't consider either schools of thought(Creationism & Evolution) the whole truth.

I think you should have a word with chromosome number 2

Human Chromosome 2

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Science is only a tool. It is not the answer to everything. We cannot comprehend everything in the infinite universe, modern science is only a few years old (compared to the universe- nothing). We haven't even explored the depths of the ocean but we can tell for sure that "there is no creator and/or God"??? The possibilities of the universe are infinite...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

you should watch this (pun unintended)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DocWicked

Scientist haven't proven evolution

What am I reading?

Missing Link Between Man & Apes Found

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution

Some More Observed Speciation Events

Top 10 Signs of Evolution in Modern Man

And lastly, bit of humour

Scientific Evidence of Evolution Being a Hoax

A seriously hope you are trolling though
edit on 13/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The whole arguement is invalid really. See, the people of long ago wrote things in metaphor, they themselves were great scientists but due to their conscious state the best they could explain things was totally in metaphor. Now, along comes modern man and totally misinterprets and twists the meanings of what our fore fathers were trying to explain. God is ultimately an energy that exists in the whole universe and everything in it, only modern man had turned "God" into something to suit his own consciousness and imagination.
edit on 13-4-2011 by MrMartay because: spelling.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I applaud you for standing up for your convictions. But I do not share your views. I as a person beleive helping other is important. I as a person beleive that saying please and thank you is important. I treat people with the utmost respect until they give me a reason not to. I know people who pray every day and go to church every sunday. And they are people who tend to look down at others that don`t practice. I`m not generalizing I`m just speaking about things I have seen. Myself, I do not beleiving in God in the least bit and I think the bible is a good ferry tale. One of the reasons I don`t believe is the fact that the bible has been rewritten a dozen times to accomodate the people in power. An other reason is the vatican used to torture people to death for saying the earth was round. The point is beleive what you will and be happy. It`s that easy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Creationism...doesn't do jack. If a 'creator' 'created' life, what are the uses of it? What are the predictions of such a theory? Does a 'created' world have certain properties? Can we gain anything from exploiting them? No? Alright then, scrap the idea. It's useless.

1. God is Goodness

If God is the creator of the universe, he has to be the most powerful, so whatever God is, it has to be the most Good, so it is 'Goodness.'

Why do children get sick and die if God is Goodness?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join