It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big scientific problem with the idea of Creationism

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not if it's objective

That's the whole point...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by randyvs

Not if it's objective

That's the whole point...

Well, if you observe me using the word," God " There is your evidence.
When people use my name in reference to me in my absence ? Does that absence make me non existent ?
No people don't assume that either.
edit on 16-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

This "repent now, time is running out" crap is getting a bit old, people have been saying that for hundreds of years...and guess what, they're still waiting

By this reasoning there are people hundreds of years old.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So wait...you are claiming by simply uttering a name you prove it exists?

"Fred the purple unicorn"

OMGOMGOMG, you're right!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The word theory means a story about something that can't be called a fact.

No it doesn't. Germ theory is the theory that many disease are caused by microscopic pathogens. Now obviously, nobody disagrees with this fact even though it contains the word 'theory'

A scientific theory is not fact until proved wrong, it is a work in progress until a more convincing story comes along.

No, it is a collection of hypotheses that are backed up by evidence such as fossils, DNA and observations (in the case of evolution)

No one knows, that's why people are still looking. There is no authority on the truth

Yes people are still looking, and they are coming to the same conclusions: that evolution is fact. No one has come up with any evidence disproving this in 150 years (I'm talking about real evidence to disprove it, not "In the bible it says......")
edit on 16/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Does God want us to be certain? Using logical and philosophical arguments, trying to prove or disprove the existence of God. But proof seems impossible. And I think that a "state of uncertainty" is the way God wants it to be, even though a lack of proof may feel frustrating for those who seek certainty. When a person is connected to God, They will know! FAITH Then Lives...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Many people around the world do believe and have believed in some sort of god. These believers may not use the same names for this god, but they do believe because we are all born with an instinctual knowledge of this God’s existence. Also the universe and our planet reflect Perfect Structure...Purpose...Planed...Perfect Symmetry!

For The Creator Set Everything Into Motion... And Holds All Things Together! John 1:1 The Word = The Logos

edit on 16-4-2011 by Faith2011 because: shorten

edit on 16-4-2011 by Faith2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faith2011
reply to post by MrXYZ

Many people around the world do believe and have believed in some sort of god. These believers may not use the same names for this god, but they do believe because we are all born with an instinctual knowledge of this God’s existence. Also the universe and our planet reflect Perfect Structure...Purpose...Planed...Perfect Symmetry!

For The Creator Set Everything Into Motion... And Holds All Things Together! John 1:1 The Word = The Logos

May I ask ? On the one hand you claim many believe and continue with we are born with an instinctual belief. Is this not in fact you contradicting yourself ?

Secondly I would hazard that we are born with a tendency to trust our parents and it is primarily their belief structure that influences ours. For many this is a pattern of belief that is adopted and accepted early and never challenged. No instinct required.

Lastly, as I've said before, if the universe and our planet is perfectly structured and planned...obviously it was not for us as the majority of it is downright hostile to the maintenance of human life.
The empirical data pretty much runs in opposition to your statement, maybe further critical thinking would be a wise choice ?
edit on 16-4-2011 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faith2011
Does God want us to be certain? Using logical and philosophical arguments, trying to prove or disprove the existence of God. But proof seems impossible. And I think that a "state of uncertainty" is the way God wants it to be, even though a lack of proof may feel frustrating for those who seek certainty. When a person is connected to God, They will know! FAITH Then Lives...

If the faithful are content with their faith, then why do they continually try to force scientific "proof" of God where none exists?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

God created and everything was perfect. Man rebelled and the fall began, The struggle with sin inside every person.

And still, HE placed in the soul, The Ability to Know (Right) from (Wrong)

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."—Hebrews 8:10.

13 ¶ And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it at all." 16 And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands upon them. (Mark 10:13-16 NASB)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

So germ theory is a fact that says germs cause disease. This theory supposes and assumes that germs cause disease. Dis-ease is a condition where the said organism (the human with disease) is not at ease. When an organism is not at ease it will be more susceptible to germs.
This theory has not taken into account a condition of the human, it is only looking to the germ for an explanation. 'Germs' you call them as though they are bad and toxic, yet with out these micro bacteria we would be unable to live. We actually live in harmaony with the them most of the time.

Fossils are only ever found in the present. No one can go to the past and find fossils. Fossils are only ever part of a story, a story about something that may have happened. There can be nothing definate said about the past or future because it is always now.
There have been many accounts of bones found that point to the human/ape. Later it has been uncovered that the finder found the set of bones in different places and pretended that they were from the same skeleton!! Scientists want to be famous, they have egos.

Darwin with his theory has done nothing more that tell people that the world is a big scary place and if you are not good enough evolution will kill you. This is no different that the churches saying you will be punished or rewarded for being good.

One day you will see that the world appears in you and there is nothing to fear.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

People are not perfect... If they Believe in a Creator or not! The Bible says seek and you will find! The Context being, You Must Have an Open Heart and Mind. God's proof of existence is all through-out His Creation!

God knows, Most have Closed their hearts and minds...They don't want proof!

God's Glory in His Creation... For eyes to see...And ears to hear...

edit on 17-4-2011 by Faith2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

Nice video, thanks.
I see god everywhere. I went for a walk yesterday and the world does not look real anymore because it looks too real. I was stuck by the colors and textures and saw that nothing was dirty, it is just the way it is painted.
Everything is seen to be just the way it has been painted.
Life is a work of art for our viewing pleasure.
Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So germ theory is a fact that says germs cause disease.

Yes

This theory supposes and assumes that germs cause disease.

Not all disease, but they are responsible for many.

When an organism is not at ease it will be more susceptible to germs.

Not necessarily, some pathogens are seriously virulent and will infect the body regardless of the patients health

This theory has not taken into account a condition of the human, it is only looking to the germ for an explanation.

What about Immunology?

'Germs' you call them as though they are bad and toxic, yet with out these micro bacteria we would be unable to live. We actually live in harmaony with the them most of the time.

Doesn't mean they are not toxic. Some species are extremely virulent, some are not.

Fossils are only ever found in the present. No one can go to the past and find fossils.

If you went into the past you would find bones. Bones turn into fossils over time

Fossils are only ever part of a story, a story about something that may have happened.

No, something that did happen

There have been many accounts of bones found that point to the human/ape. Later it has been uncovered that the finder found the set of bones in different places and pretended that they were from the same skeleton!!

Haven't heard of this tbh

Scientists want to be famous, they have egos.

And you can speak for all scientists can you?

Darwin with his theory has done nothing more that tell people that the world is a big scary place and if you are not good enough evolution will kill you.

Straw man.

One day you will see that the world appears in you and there is nothing to fear.

I don't fear anything

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by randyvs

So wait...you are claiming by simply uttering a name you prove it exists?

"Fred the purple unicorn"

OMGOMGOMG, you're right!!

All you need to remember is the last two words of your previous post.
Ah huh huh ! This is your response ? How old are you? I mean if you're this close minded ? We don't really even
have anything to say to each other. Carry on Sir knower of the universe.
edit on 17-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't claim to know...that's the difference. I admit when I don't know something, instead of making stuff up or following stuff others made up without providing any rational, logical, and objective evidence.

I don't fall into the god of the gaps trap...

Oh, and btw, was your last argument really that simply saying the world "god" is somehow proof of his/her/its existence? That can't seriously be what you meant...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I mean if you're this close minded ?

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out."

Stephen A. Kallis, Jr

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by randyvs

I mean if you're this close minded ?

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out."

Stephen A. Kallis, Jr

That ones just really getting old Griff.

Mr.XYZ

It seems to me you're making the claim that what I believe, was made up by someone else. Sounds to me like if you know that, the way you say it ? You definetly are a know it all. The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence. Are you happy now that you got me to say that?

He who is of God hear's Gods words. John 8:47

There is a reason God has left us, no objective evidence of his existence. You see Gods word must come to pass. Gods word tells us at the end times, so shall it be as in the days of Noah. That the world would be full of Godless people such as yourself. People who apparently are amoung generations of lost people who have no faith. People just like you, who are constantly attacking Jesus Christ and his church. You fit perfectly into prophecy. You can believe that, if nothing else. If God left you your objective evidence? Everyone would believe.
There would be no non believers. Then what would happen to his word? I can't help you see, what God has said you will not see.

Randyvious

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here's what you said:

Well, if you observe me using the word," God " There is your evidence.

It's incredibly clear why this isn't evidence.

It seems to me you're making the claim that what I believe, was made up by someone else.

Of course I do! You entire belief is based on Christian religious scripture, written by MEN. And there's ZERO objective evidence proving it's inspired by a deity. Wether or not that was the ultimate goal of a deity doesn't matter, the fact remains, you believe in something that has zero evidence as back up.

If you were born in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), you would be a Muslim. If you were born in the rainforest of Papua New Guinea, you'd believe in some jungle gods...and if you were born in Tibet, you'd likely be a Buddhist who doesn't believe gods. And every single time you'd believe in something men made up, because men wrote the scriptures.

If that makes you happy, fine. But attacking proven scientific theories because they go against your belief, even if said theories have objective evidence as backup, while you have ZERO evidence, is beyond laughable.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That ones just really getting old Griff.

And the bible isn't?

The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence. Are you happy now that you got me to say that?

I can quote too:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

Carl Sagan
edit on 17/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Creationism...doesn't do jack. If a 'creator' 'created' life, what are the uses of it? What are the predictions of such a theory? Does a 'created' world have certain properties? Can we gain anything from exploiting them? No? Alright then, scrap the idea. It's useless.

The more you learn about evolution the worse your threads get.

Artists and Art.

Architects and Architecture.

Inventors and Inventions.

Poets and Poems.

Creators and their creations.

Cause and effect.

Intelligent minds produce, design, create.

When they have the advantage of learning from others who came before, they often come up with some extraordinary ideas and creations.

Knowledge is built on prior intelligences or Intelligence.

Observation and Creation.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join