It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Stem Cells Take Focus at Dem Convention

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Stem cell research, an issue which had died down will be taking the stage at the democratic convention largely as result of the death of President Reagan. His wife Nancy has lead the charge to bring the issue back to the national stage after seeing the former president suffer greatly from Alzheimers disease which may have been treatable had research been allowed to advance.

story.news.yahoo.com
Stem cell research, a topic that long ago spread beyond the laboratory and into politics, will catch the spotlight briefly on Tuesday at the Democratic National Convention.

A speech by Ron Reagan, a son of the late President Reagan, will be just the latest development that has kept attention on this difficult and controversial field.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It makes no sense that a scientific issues like stem cell research are poiliticized by primitive right-wing moral concepts. These fundamentalist right-wing ideals are not my ideals, so I see no reason why we should be denied effective medical treatments because of someone else's religious beliefs.

[edit on 7-26-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It makes no sense that a scientific issues like stem cell research are poiliticized by primitive right-wing moral concepts. These fundamentalist right-wing ideals are not my ideals, so I see no reason why we should be denied effective medical treatments because of someone else's religious beliefs.

I agree, stem cell research should not be determined by religion, and by the way what ever happened to seperation of church and state?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Being a Tetraplegic (C4/5) for ten years this is my #1 beef with the current administration. Well this and NCLB, which is a shamless attempt to kill public schooling.

new topics

join