It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, two, is the first person in the world to be born with extra strand of DNA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I hope Alfie's mother never finds this thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RADHESYAM

I cant WAIT to see what you guys come up with for THIS headline!!!
Possible conspiracy theories :

Alien DNA found in boy
Proof of Evolution - God debunked!!
Chemtrails cause extra DNA
Where's the boys birth certificate?

C'mon guys I know you got more!!

...on a serious note this is HELLA weird stuff.
Down Sydnrome people have extra chromozones but DNA?

UM........You forgot the ANTICHRIST! DUH!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

how does evolution debunk God? how do you know God didn't design evolution?

Because god, an eternal being could never have evolved, since it does not die and reproduce, and therefore biological evolution could never have layered levels of increasing complexity over its initial simplicity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think the most interesting thing is the most obvious one that's seems to have been missed :

The kid was born pretty broken but seems to be correcting himself (healing/fixing) as he manages to survive and get older, obviously with the help of medical technology, but it shows a very important thing. Mutation and error correction come in the same human shaped bundle ...his system is learning error correction ( hey fixing blindness is no small thing ) and if he can survive long enough may get better at it than the rest of us. Then again he may not , but that's the beauty of mutation you never know if it's gonna work until you try it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

interesting yes - but not uncommon. certainly you are familiar with trisomy 21 ? (down's) that is an extra pair of chromosomes for #21.

if this is not rare and its simply as u say... then why are doctors stumped?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

The heel prick has been carried out along with other tests for abnormalities for years and years it is not a DNA test -

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Trisomy 21 is different..

On this he literally has an extra arm on a chromosome.

In trisomy 21, they have an extra chromosome..

If I remember right at the chromosome pair 21, there is litterally 3 chromosomes.

Or something to that effect. It's been awhile since cellular biology.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is NOT an extra strand of DNA as in say embryonic salamanders with triplestrands - but an extra bit added on to his CHROMASOMES as in X,Y.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
so whats ODD about this? anyone? im not versed in biology sorry. dna for dummies.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
so whats ODD about this? anyone? im not versed in biology sorry. dna for dummies.

Ok, humans naturally have 46 chromosomes, these are split in two due to there being two identical chromosome copies attached to eachother at one point, creating chromosomes that look like " >< "

This is the same for everybody. Even Down Syndrome children, who have 47 chromosomes due to receiving an extra sex chromosome through flawed miosis do not whatever this is in the OP.

What seems to have happened is that this kid has a third branch coming from one of his (seventh?) chromosome. That's a very odd mutation and it's very interesting to ponder what will happen to the child. Hopefully he survives and isn't just a medical wonder for everyone to ogle at. I know it will certainly make an interesting story for him to tell people later on, like "Well, something unique about me is that I have an extra part on my chromosome."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've been reading some of the comments:

Huh? This is probably an interesting story, but it's hard to make sense of it because the reporter has muddled up the science - a DNA strand, a chromosomal arm and a 'faulty gene' are completely different things, but the terms are used interchangeably here. If someone had 'an extra strand' of DNA, that really would be front page news! DNA is made up of two strands joined together like a twisted ladder. The biochemistry means it's just not possible for there to be a third strand in there. I think you mean 'an extra piece of DNA'.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

edit on 13-4-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Down Syndrome is much more prevalent in pregnancies carried by mature women. It is well-known that the chances of Down Syndrome increase if a woman caries to full-term after 40 years of age. Weed and shrooms are not the only(i don't know if it any) causes of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
oops, sorry, you didn't say that V. My bad.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato

Because god, an eternal being could never have evolved, since it does not die and reproduce, and therefore biological evolution could never have layered levels of increasing complexity over its initial simplicity.

that was a load of jargon.

yes God is an eternal being. and since He is all powerful He can do ANYTHING. Even create evolution. I really don't understand the point you are trying to make.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think that maybe we are whitnes human evolution?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato

that was a load of jargon.

yes God is an eternal being. and since He is all powerful He can do ANYTHING. Even create evolution. I really don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I think it's because the user is saying that it debunks the Christian God. The Christian God is supposed to have a body of flesh and blood up in Heaven and created man as they are in his image.

But yes, it's true. If this boy grows old enough to reproduce and successfully starts a line of descendents, then it's possible that his abnormal chromosome may be passed down recessively (ie, it will not show up again for a while, most likely). But that's my opinion. I'm not quite an expert on the subject.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The title of the article is misleading, and hence the title of this thread, with no offence directed at the OP. But based on the article, this little boy was born with an extra strand of chromosome, not an extra strand of DNA. There is a big difference!!!

DNA strands are a typically displayed in biology texts as a double helix connected by sugar bonds. The chromosomes are bundles of these dna strands that are twisted into rope like appearing structures called chromosomes that divide and form more chromosomes during cellular division. During mitosis, this little boy's chromosomes somehow added a third strand to this mix. It's really fascinating for those of us that are involved in health care and biology!

I just wanted to point that out....that there isn't a triple helix that is newly evolved in this situation, but a third chromosome strand.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Boy, two, is the first person in the world to be born with extra strand of DNA

www.dailymail.co.uk

A BRITISH toddler has become the first person in the world to be born with an extra strand in his DNA, in a condition so rare doctors don't even know its name.

edit on 12-4-2011 by RADHESYAM because: (no reason given)

Firstly, just because the "Doctors" say he is rare, does not begin to make it so. The are many millions of individuals on this planet they have not yet collected DNA samples and hopefully that will remain so, as I am not in any way happy with recent efforts to collect samples of everyone's DNA but that is a NWO issue I won't go into.

Secondly, from the looks of the child, he is malformed, although adorable as are all children but this and other details, like his not being able to turn over on his own until he was 18 months old, this extra strain of DNA is not a good thing. It is probably been caused by something in the environment, a drug the mother took or other contaminate the mother was exposed to or maybe the parents are too closely related or blood types conflict.

Bottom line, we don't know much yet but I haven't given the doctor's opinions much weight..about 20 second's worth.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join