It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Song Has The Most Profound Impact On You? / (What Song Do You Hold Most Dearly To?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
A song that , to you, has the largest emotional effect on you. A song that you fear to play, makes you nervous, makes you cry, fills you with joy. A song that brings out the most emotional response, whether it be sadness or happiness.

May not necessarily be your favorite song I suppose

This song has made me cry / makes me cry.

As soon as you said fear to play...I knew exactly which song it is. There are A LOT of songs that bring out some kind of response in me. From anger, to fear, to sadness. But this one song....
I can't play it. I cant listen to it. It makes me cry every single time I listen to it.

It was written by Jimmy Buffett about his father. Dying a slow death from Alzheimer's. His father was only born a few months before mine...and when I first heard this song...my mother was in the early stages of Alzheimer's.
As far as I know...Jimmy has never played this live. I seriously doubt he could hold it together for long enough to sing in on stage. I know I couldn't.

edit on 12-4-2011 by webpirate because: bad link

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OPP - Naughty by Nature.
Ya you know me.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maggot Brain

Nuff' Said.
edit on 4/12/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
youtu.be...

yeah i usually forget for a while when i hear this one

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Definetly this one,.. Muse are one of those bands that have to be seen live to be fully appreciated!
Picture quality in the video is pants,.. but never mind

edit on 12-4-2011 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Love Alice In Chains!!!

Hard to pick one but whenever ive been down or pissed off lateley i have put this song on to calm down and chill the f#ck out,one of my favourites,sounds great outside in the sunshine!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

This one is...well, Unforgettable !

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mine were always happy uplifting ska punk songs, but after some bad times the last 2 years...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If I had my way, I'd post about fifty songs lol. It's impossible to choose just one artist, let alone one song. But I guess, at the moment, I'll post this.

"Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands (Alternate Mix and Lyrics)" - Elliott Smith

I prefer this version because it's earlier, less laced with metaphor, and more raw. (Although the final album version is amazing too, imo.)

Some amazing music posted by everyone else in the topic, too, incidentally. I love music so much.

Peace.
edit on 4/13/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Im really liking Pink's new song "Perfect". Its nice to see good messages being brought to girls these days instead of sex being shoved into there faces.

And a song ive been listening to alot is P. Diddy "Coming Home."

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
through every break up... donnell jones- where i wanna be. it would never grow old.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

I was going through my old comments scattered about ATS and I came across this old thread... Well, I thought my contribution was a little bit silly because it's not English and many people wont know what it's about. So, here's the version with English subtitles:

Sorry for not adding this version the first time....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Project Pitchfork's "Entity," if only because I'd continually listen to the tune while concentrating on heightening my instincts and resolve prior to a rodeo of sorts.

edit on 26-12-2011 by Kovenov because: refined

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The most hypnotic and darkest song has to be Rihanna's Umbrella. For those who understand who "rain man" is in the music industry, it is obvious by the lyrics she is singing about being possessed.

Favourite song would be Green Day, Jesus of Suburbia

And there's nothing wrong with me
this is how I'm supposed to be
in a land of make-believe
that don't believe in me

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join