It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Canada 2011: Internet Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thanks to openmedia.org and their systems as an outlet, the CRTC had hundreds of thousands of complaints and emails sent to them from Canadians about capping internet usage and made our gov't and ISP's give all of this a 2nd look...

Of course, our leaders know how important Internet is to us Canadians. So votes are up for grabs.

We have the highest Internet bills in the world, however we also have the most users per capita. I believe it's 77% of our TOTAL population uses internet daily.

www.VoteNet.ca...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I decided to send in the letter and received the following response in my email.

Please note that I will be away from my desk until May 3rd, 2011, and will not have access to this account until I return.

I guess my local MP wont be commenting.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Sounds like the guy interviewed said a whole lot and not a damn thing....typical politician.
I cannot speak for Canada or most of the states for that but, i pay 60 a month for my cable and 40 for my 3g wireless.
I think both are waaay overpriced.
I could be cheaper on my wireless but i went with verizon as they have the best signal and the most reliability, but that gets 3Mb d/l speed on it's best day.
My cable is comcast and the signal is strong, but there is spotty reliability and they are the only game in town.
It is not a monopoly "per se" as there is surewest 1 block over...
Yep they have pricefixed and monopolized it legally.
More competition i think would be best, it would drive prices down.
But everyone should have access to the internet, fully unobstructed.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
^ I pay 55$ a month for Telus Fibr Optik internet.. 25mbps!!
Download a 4.7gb video in the time it takes to have a shower =)

However, it's costing PENNIES on the dollar for the bandwidth we use, however their new F.O infrastcture is what we're paying for.

top topics

join