It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI VAULT Files, Nick Popes thoughts !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here for everyone is what Nick Pope really thinks about the FBI Vault Files.
Firstly
After reading the article in the Sun newspaper, in which Nick Pope was quoted as saying,

"These are the real life X-Files. This document could be the smoking gun that proves UFOs are real".

Article here :-
www.thesun.co.uk...

I emailed him to ask his views on these ‘new’ Vault files and below is what he told me along with permission to pass on his views.

RE: FBI (Vault) Files‏

Nick Pope F
To ProRipp
Sent: 12 April 2011 07:52:28
To: ProRipp ([email protected])

Lee,

The documents are genuine, but a lot of the information is hearsay, e.g. where a member of the public tells a Special Agent something - a report will be in the FBI's files, but it doesn't mean the story is true. Most - if not all - of these documents have been available for some time, but have been given recent prominence as the FBI revamped their website and made documents on popular subjects such as paranormal phenomena easier to find. This is an interesting development, but nothing to do with 'Disclosure'.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope

As have said Nick was happy to allow me to pass on his thoughts on a subject that has become something of a hot topic many threads in the past few days !

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Interesting, I like Nick Pope - he is very matter of fact and has great credentials. He is right about the hearsay although I do believe this does have something to do with disclosure in that the FBI have remarketed their site in a bid to let people know these files exist and are public domain.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

So he doesn't regard the Hottel memo as hearsay?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
WITHDRAWN
edit on 12-4-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
These documents are certainly a smoking gun all right...that Nick Pope is an idiot.

Why do you say that? He outlined exactly what they were and the fact that they have been available for a long time...

Most - if not all - of these documents have been available for some time, but have been given recent prominence as the FBI revamped their website and made documents on popular subjects such as paranormal phenomena easier to find. This is an interesting development, but nothing to do with 'Disclosure'.

edit on 12-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
Nick Pope F
To ProRipp
Sent: 12 April 2011 07:52:28
To: ProRipp ([email protected])

Lee,

The documents are genuine, but a lot of the information is hearsay, e.g. where a member of the public tells a Special Agent something - a report will be in the FBI's files, but it doesn't mean the story is true. Most - if not all - of these documents have been available for some time, but have been given recent prominence as the FBI revamped their website and made documents on popular subjects such as paranormal phenomena easier to find. This is an interesting development, but nothing to do with 'Disclosure'.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope

A little transparency to win a little trust and to improve "public relations" ahead of a potential scandal.

A preemptive, calculated plan that will fail... It isn't what they reveal that matters, ultimately it is what they can keep hidden, secret and protected from the public venue that matters.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Why do you say that? He outlined exactly what they were and the fact that they have been available for a long time..

You are totally right. I was commenting on the article; it is clear his comments were truncated by the Sun to be more sensational. I will happily retract.
edit on 12-4-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

This is why I contacted Nick ! Simply because on reading the Sun 'quote' I had the
suspicion that they were taking his words out of context !

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
This is why I contacted Nick ! Simply because on reading the Sun 'quote' I had the
suspicion that they were taking his words out of context !
You are to be commended for contacting him and getting the story straight!

The e-mail he sent you is a reasonable assessment.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
nice one prorip (Lee).

I speak with Nick and have frequent updates to whatever he is currently looking into.

Not long ago i watched a documentry on the pitlochry ufo photo of a diamond shaped craft that was photographed next to harrier that was dwarfed in size. the photos where sent to the press then withdrawn and never to be seen again. Nick had this photo blown up on his wall at the MOD ufo desk. When asked if he thought this craft was man made / resembling a stealth etc i got this reply:

"My head of division removed it and put it in his drawer because he was convinced, wrongly in my opinion, that it showed a top secret prototype craft"

This is the quote of a believer

Regardless, Nick has a lot of time for anyone who wants to speak with him openly, and to be honest he is the most approciable person i have spoken with within the ufology field on a public level.

Only downfall is that hes an arsenal and not a celtic fan!

PPs. Nick has advised that he is on talksport tonight between 12am and 1am UK time to talk about the FBI Ufo Vault files: www.talksport.co.uk...

edit on 12-4-2011 by zeetroyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

I could'nt agree more ! Nick Pope has his criics as has been shown here on ATS on many occasions !
I must agree also that he is the most receptive and appreciable person and will interact with anyone regarding the UFO subject without any inclination to monetary gain etc !
His books are written for fictonal purpose as entertainment but his knowledge as regards his M.O.D work he will gladly pass on free of charge !
This fact I believe is lost n most people !
He DID work in the field of UFO's and the threat to the nation, and DOE'S have inside knowledge regarding the subject, and to that end he should be listened to !
In my opinion the Sun newspaper took his comments and sensationized them to some extent !

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

It was good of him to respond but I can't help feeling that he had one policy when at the MOD which was basically to deny everything...

Now he is no longer at the MOD he treats every UFO story in a positive light and implies that there are genuine UFOs.

It seems way too convenient considering his current line of work, where 'believers' no doubt make up his key demographic.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

I dont understand why the fact that they have been around for a long time makes them any less amazing ?

and people use that as a means to discredit these documents.
edit on 13-4-2011 by prodomino because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Right, so an official memo to the FBI Director of an Air Force Investigator telling and FBI agent that the Air Force has three flying saucers occupied by three alien beings each is hearsay?
Baby, meet the bathwater. Out you go!

top topics

join