It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will it take until you realise you were wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This thread may grind some gears here but I think it's a question that needs to be asked...

There are many theories on ATS and the internet, we know them all...

NWO
FEMA camps
Aliens
HAARP
Chemtrails
Reptilians
The list goes on.

So even if half these theories are half correct, and that's being really, really generous, that makes the other half wrong.

So at what point will you finally go..."holy crap I was wrong"?

Never?

I picture some here who will probably hold these beliefs until the day they die...I see chemtrail believers who appear to be in complete fear of them, will these people live into their 80's with the belief they're being poisoned by planes? Will they be on their deathbed when they finally realise that they've wasted their life living in fear?

Obviously I don't have this mindset so it is unimaginable for me to be living in (most likely) false fears.

So, when will you say...."I was wrong?"

Or..how long until you stop saying "I'm right"?

+83 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If everyone had your attitude no conspiracies would ever be uncovered. Just because it's not uncovered in our lifetime doesn't mean it isn't true.

+46 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Being aware and living in fear are two different things. It isn't unnatural for people to extrapolate history and speculate on the present. Being skeptical is all fine and good, but living in denial is not. I think anyone who denies a NWO agenda is in severe denial. If even one of those listed "theories" are true then what does that mean for the skeptics?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What a ridiculous thread.......YOU guys really are getting desperate , It's nice to see

Originally posted by Chadwickus
So at what point will you finally go..."holy crap I was wrong"?

So, when will you say...."I was wrong?"

Or..how long until you stop saying "I'm right"?

Never, never, never.........
edit on 12-4-2011 by de1111codEiT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

What attitude?

I'm not saying don't be aware, it's when the awareness becomes fear or when it starts to dictate your life.

There are many case in points, such as "bernard schnitzel"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i understand what your saying , i question myself everyday on my beliefs but i enjoy a bit of proof in my journey to a conclusion, and look at avenues of others, some of my questions dont have yes no answers. thats why im here searching

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Well you started off well, then said anyone who doesn't believe in the NWO is in denial.

Getting mixed messages...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by de1111codEiT

Ah I forgot about "the disinfo guys".

I assume this what you're getting at when you say "YOU guys".

So, why are "WE" getting desperate?

By asking a question that you're afraid to ask?

edit on 12/4/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think with time, people will come back down to earth and cancel out the hundreds of conspiracy theories they've taken on board.

I remember waking up and watching things such as the Disclosure Project video from years back, I would walk around outside with my head in the sky expecting our green friends to land at any moment. I would watch events such as the State of the Union intently, expecting the commander and chief to spill the beans. I'd read Sitchin's work, and ask myself why people do not educate themselves about Niburu.

Now I neither believe Disclosure will ever take place or the existence of Nibiru at all, or the NWO, reptilians, fema camps etc. I've probably become what I would have called a disinfo agent just a few years ago - a healthy skeptic.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is a moot question. Even if many here found out that they were wrong about a conspiracy theory, I highly doubt 80%of the people here, would ever accept it let alone admit that they were wrong. They would just say that its a conspiracy against them and keep screaming to the high heavens until someone told them they were right.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow it took you almost 8,000 posts to come to this wall of conclusion? Strange ...

[sarcasm]May I please know where you got this kool aid from? No wonder you drank it, I would like to know the answers to everything too![/sarcasm]

-s&-f (if possible)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Asking this question is like asking a person how long the will hold onto their religion.

A belief system is a belief system is a belief system.... whether its regarding conspiracies/religion/political leanings whatever.

Beliefs are just that - something YOU hold in your mind. For some like the poster above - those beliefs may change.
Just as a devout religious person may lose faith in God after losing a loved one in an accident, or another person who once believed in communism as the answer to the world now support democracies because they saw what happened under the red regimes in other countries.

Beliefs can and may change but those that truly BELIEVE their ideas with all their heart.... you're never ever gonna hear them say they are wrong... not matter what evidence you give.

Oh and just FYI, as for myself - as I always tell my husband: "*I* AM NEVER WRONG" :-P

edit on 12-4-2011 by RADHESYAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheyWontBelieveU

So it's drinking the cool aide to think that half of all conspiracies are wrong?

Is this what you're saying?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Well you started off well, then said anyone who doesn't believe in the NWO is in denial.

Getting mixed messages...

Don't run off with my statement or anything, I know the NWO can be taken to mean any number of things, many of which are...well, how about I define it.

I believe anyone who is not cognizant of the fact that there are people in places of power (political, monetary, media e.c.t) who desire to see a more complete control over humanity, its population, its thoughts e.c.t. is in denial.

Really, this would be denying a simple truth, not a conspiracy theory. What this truth entails can indeed be speculated on and in that environment, skepticism is warranted.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'll realise I was wrong the day we uncover everything there is hidden in this world. Hidden places, hidden documents, hidden teachings, hidden plans, etc... The day that happens and we don't find for example any documents mentioning reptilians, I'll realise that there were no reptilians involved in the grand deception age.

Until then, I still have that fishy feeling that something fishy is going on.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I admitt I was wrong for thinking ALL reptillians were evol

But that kind of makes me admitt I was right about ET or Aliens existing???
Its ok to be wrong sometimes...
edit on 4/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by TheyWontBelieveU

So it's drinking the cool aide to think that half of all conspiracies are wrong?

So what conspiracies do you believe in? You've stated only half of all the conspiracies are wrong. I feel the fact that you've said yourself that you believe in some conspiracies, makes you and this thread very hypocritical.
edit on 12-4-2011 by TheyWontBelieveU because: censored

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
like me and the rest of the human race we'll always question things

Originally posted by Jepic
I'll realise I was wrong the day we uncover everything there is hidden in this world. Hidden places, hidden documents, hidden teachings, hidden plans, etc... The day that happens and we don't find for example any documents mentioning reptilians, I'll realise that there were no reptilians involved in the grand deception age.

Until then, I still have that fishy feeling that something fishy is going on.

the universe is real, life is real, and the human is real. The philosophy of the human should be real also. What makes a philosophy real? There is a simple test. If the logic that supplies a philosophical expectation or behavioral conclusion is based on verifiable fact, it is likely to be real. The shorter the chain of logic from the provable premise, the more apt the conclusions are true. If the logic has no real basis (is based on dogma), its conclusions, though possibly true, are likely to be at least misleading and are probably false. All existing philosophies are based on dogma.

An alternative is presented: a philosophy developed directly from real knowledge, in most cases with a single logical step. This philosophy is dynamic. It adjusts to new knowledge as it is developed. It gives purpose, direction and reason to life. It supplies a basis for human moral and ethical conduct. It includes the entire ecosystem.

www.onelife.com...

edit on 12-4-2011 by wedidgothacked because: summit

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I would be one of the 20% that could say "I was wrong". When I have proof.
I was able to give up one belief system for another without too much trouble when something actually happened to me personally. I try to be very open minded to most of these ideas here on ATS, but you really do need to have some common sense and proof. I feel sorry for the people who blindly believe something, without any evidence.

BTW de1111codEiT, are you 10? Can you not have a discussion without name calling?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join