It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gagarin-did it really happen ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As Russia celebrate 50 years of first man in space,I found a report which poses some questions.
I was just confused that if the US were aware it was a fake,then why did they acknowledge it to be real ?
Of course.....it gave Kennedy the thumbs up for the US to begin spending billions,under the notion that if Russia had the capability to do this,then presumably it also had the capability to deliver more dangerous missions.

www.geschichteinchronologie.ch...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Also reported here today;

kavkazcenter.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I dont know a lot about US Vs Russian history (im too young and Aussie) but it seems to me from what little I've read that these counrties were so heavily embroiled in the fight to outdo each other - thats entirely plausable to believe they faked Gagarins space trip.
I know Apollo landings were faked - so why not this?

It was all part of their propaganda and disinformation.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

Doesn't this also, finally put to rest the whole notion that "If the moon landings were faked, Russia never would have gone along with it, and surely would have announced it to the world as a farce". This is the first thing that came to mind, when i heard about this. When will people ever realize, that sometimes certain things are happily covered up, even by opposing countries. For reasons, that may never be fully known or understood.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yes absolutely.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm certain it did happen.

Not real clear on whether it was the first attempt though because the USSR only released details of successful missions after they'd succeeded for the most part. Stark contrast to the American approach

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If this is true the US would have blown the whistle. There was a cold war on.

Where are the soviet whistle blowers? You'd think with a secret this big, someone would talk....

Right?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think you have never seen how a communist regime does its business...

I am convinced Gagarin went to space because in the communist way (in soviet russia ..? :lol
if you fail at something you either get killed or imprisoned especially if the president tells you to do that thing so they were so affraid to get punished that they worked their asses to do it.

Thats how i recall Romania during its communist era...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I found another story too;

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join