It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinnitus...Does Anyone have Answers for the Ringing?!?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Are you drinking DIET soda? With aspartame or splenda? Are you eating any food that has that in it? Gum? Toothpaste? Juice? Cause it will cause ringing in your ears, real bad. I know from experience. Check all your foods and stuff. If you are consuming it, get off it asap. In my research, tinnitus is the number one symptom people have when they use aspartame.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have had tinnitus for about 10 years now due to loud guitar and wearing headphones.I have a few constant tones, a low rumbling, like standing next to a bus engine and 3 realy high piched tones, non of which ever go away.There is no cure and nothing that can ease the sound.The best thing you can do is learn to ingnore it.If you listen for it you will become stressed and it will get worse, so relax.Plus if it comes and goes I would becareful when listning to music of the volume because if your not it will become constant.
There is hope though, new tests are being done on rats where scientists are geting results at turning tinnitus off.
www.nih.gov...
But like I said the best you can do for now is learn to ignore it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Don't suffer with this, but how about getting hold of a pair of those active ear defenders?

They are electronic ear defenders/headphones that have an audio circuit built in that actively suppress incoming noise...if they can set up a opposite frequency to the ringing in your ears, they may cancel out the ringing affects.

They're quite cheap(ish), so might be worth a try.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Loud sudden noise will do it.

Mine was a shotgun going off beside my head from behind.

the tiny hairs in your ear get ripped/damaged.

no cure.

It's constant, but you can train yourself to ignore it when you want to hear tiny sounds about (so long as the sound is not the same freq as your tinnitus).

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I have had very bad tinnitus since I was a kid. I used to sneak out of bed to tamper with the air conditioner at night so that it would keep running and would drown out the sound of my ears ringing, so that I could sleep.

Not long ago I read an article that suggested tinnitus was caused by hearing loss in a certain range, and the brain's attempt to replace the "missing" sound. The suggested treatment, which was supposed to have helped some people, was listening to full-spectrum white noise for a certain amount of time per day.

I only ever found one recording of full-spectrum that was purchasable, and paid $8 for a non-working link. Never did get a refund, never did explore it any further. But now that you've got me thinking about it... I might try again now...

ETA:

to drown it out: whitenoisemp3s.com...
to try to fix it: www.noiserelief.com...
edit on 12-4-2011 by Schkeptick because:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Fans put out "white noise". That's why they work. I wouldn't have suggested it, if it didn't work for me my whole life. :/

You want a solution? There it is. All yours, and only 8 bucks at Wal-Mart (I know it's tough to go there). Yay!!! $180,000.00 saved!...and they would've told you the same thing anyway.

You don't have to get a gigantic box fan...just a little white 6" fan does the job quite nicely. I just think better fans last longer.

You don't even need to point it at you for it to drown out the sound. I just know what works for me...maybe everyone on the planet is different tho. (especially from me, lawl) :/

At risk of making this post longer: Jesse Ventura has this problem as well, and he's never without his fan...or so I've heard.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

yes i do but it started before i started to driinl diet soda..thanks for the ideas tho...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

i did happpen to get into some bad things like opiates before it started...i never thought it could be the reason for it...good ting i stopped or who knows what the ringing would be like

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I've had tinnitus since my late teens and that's over 40 years ago but I've learned to live with it. There wasn't any diet soda back then, especially aspartame or phenylketonurics or whatever so it's not linked to any of that but overly loud music (playing and listening) is definitely looking the likely culprit here along with time spent on the rifle range and skeet & trap shooting events in later years. One live concert in particular (in the audience) was so loud that it left me semi-deaf for nearly a month afterward and I had the same feeling in my ears that I used to get when diving (pressure on the eardrums). For that entire month I had the worst ringing until one day, for no obvious reason, my ears just popped and my hearing returned to normal instantly but the noise has been more noticeable ever since.

I've had hearing tests and my hearing is still excellent (phew). The noise is always there but in the background and I've learned to 'mask it out' so 99% of the time I don't notice it at all unless I concentrate on it like right now while talking about it (ringing like crazy).

Bottom line is, your hearing is precious so guard it accordingly (keep the volume down or wear hearing protection). Like any other finite asset, the harder you work it, the faster it gets to the point of failure.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Mine was brought on by the many years of a mis-spent childhood.

Lots of guns and fire works. That little stent in the military didn't help much either.

I have just gotten accustom to the ringing and hissing most of the time but what really toats my cookies is that new tone from time to time.

Some of them are "off key" and that can drive me mad.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Many people who hear ringing do not have tinnitus i believe, i think if you open your mouth wide and the volume increases then you have an extremely common phenomena that is caused by nerves in the jaw, it also comes and goes and varies in volume. It is not the same as tinnitus.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi,
I don't know what it is exactly. However sometimes when I feel something like prone in the ears. It's like hearing someone's mind. You know the saying "somebody is thinking about you" Maybe some mind internet I don't know. Maybe you are thinking on somebody, or somebody about you...
It is just my wild speculation.

If you need a break of it, watch your blood pressure. Keep salt outta your lunch. High bloodpressure is propably the most comon cause of it.

If you wanna white noise generator, try Audacity it's the simplest free program to generate white, pink, green, ... noise.
If this won't work, try Neuroprogrammer 2 (free as cracked version via torrent) to change brainwaves to alpha or Shumann frequency.

Hope some of this will work for you. Keep us updated. I'll watch this thread for a month.

PS: It's second time I hear about aspartame could cause frequency sensitivity. Interresting.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Tried the white noise and it simply floods the senses to the point where you can't discern anything else but the ringing is still there when you turn it off. The ringing I hear is around 14kHz but 'muddy' as if it's not a pure sine wave but distorted with a lot of faint harmonics in it. Occasionally there's another lower and cleaner frequency that manifests itself and that really gets my attention when it happens because I haven't become accustomed to that one and it seems much louder than the normal ringing. If that one became permanent it would start to disturb me in an extreme way but fortunately it's very rare and only short-time (to date at least). My best way to describe that rare tone is it's like I've been hit by a radar for a minute or so.
edit on 12/4/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

You to?
I guess this is a common cause....Mine was a jammed weapon turned in to me and turned over to the weapons officer.He decided to fix it while the muzzle was about four inches from my ear.
The blast dropped me down a few stairs and had me crawling in the sand grabbing feebly at my bleeding ear.....I heard nothing but a sound that was so high pitched it was excruciating.
Ever since ive had the old tinnitis, and a diving restriction of about 16 feet down.
When you know what damaged yer ear. it is aparent that you just have to get used to it.
I only hear my crickets when i focus on them.(a constant Cicadia type sound which varies in intensity)Other wise they fade in and out with the volume of sounds i encounter.The louder the outside stimulus, the worse the tinnitis later when trying to sleep or whatever.
If you wear yer ear muffs faithfully this is alieviated somewhat...though never fixed.
Avoid blowing out yer ears and it will be bearable most days.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I believe that Thunder Heart Woman is accurate in reference to the dangers of Aspartame; one additional danger it presents is that it has the capacity over time to destroy nerve tissue. It can disconnect synapses causing a numbness in particular physical/spiritual body parts. Also fluoride has the ability to calcify our "third eye", blinding us from reality.

However as to the primary premise of this post, my belief is that tinnitis is something that increases with cosmic awareness. One way to increase your awareness of all in existence is to use ancient tones that go back millions of years in our time/space continuum. The one single tone that seems to have the most healing power in relation to our dna becoming more enhanced (regrowing) is 528 Hertz. As I have continued to use that tone my "ringing" has increased exponentially. Perhaps I should say I am now in touch with more of the higher energy forms in the universe. 528 Link provided: www.youtube.com... Additionally many other tones are available for various different types of healing.

Everything in the universe resonates at a given frequency; nothing can exist without resonance.

As my understanding of our past: having lived originally on Lemuria, and later Atlantis for millions of years (both single continents), around 13,500 years ago as the last portion of Atlantis sunk beneath the waves another race very capable at dna alteration took our 12 strands of dna and reduced them to 1, and divided and altered it so they could recreate us as their warrior/slave class, making us forget our spiritual heritage, and making us barely function in this physical form, easily controlled, willing to do their bidding; losing the knowledge we are a spiritual race (not a very high one on the cosmic scale) but we were a free people with free will. This race that devolved our civilization/race are generally referred to by some as the "dark forces" -the negative destructive side...whereas we are a part of the "light forces of creation", the positive side.

There are other ancient tones which we ourselves used as healing tools in our own prior incarnations in both Atlantis and prior to that in Lemuria for the millions of years we have inhabited earth, or as some refer to our planet Ga'ia; these tones were known and used by our ancient ancestors prior to our arrival here on this planet. If you are unaware of who are ancient ancestors are, they are the Pleiadians.

An additional note: our parent race has far more dna strands than 12. As races evolve spiritually their numbers increase. The numbers of inhabited planets and races exceed the number of grains of sand in all of our ocean beds combined.

All of us have the ability to protect ourselves from harm, if we believe we do.

A forward look at what is occurring now and will continue on is the Henoch Prophecies (remember prophecies can be altered by us, and are merely possible outcomes based on calculation parameters) Predictions are quite different; they have actually been seen. futureofmankind.co.uk...

Remember positive thought is creative throughout all existence; negative thought returns to the sender, and is by its nature destructive.

Many attempt to deceive to retain their power over us; but we have unlimited omnipotent powers, relearning them is necessary due to our severely damaged dna codes.

Love, Peace, Harmony to all...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The US got experimental weapons, here are some of the symptoms from some of it

Including tinnitus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c62e1572335b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Dont forget that certain medications (Vicodin, Demerol, etc) have ringing in the ears as an ADVERSE side effect. Stop taking that stuff and go see a doctor, if that is what is happening.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

It does work for me...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You might be suffering from high blood pressure which can affect your hearing function. that is baed from my personal experience. The sound was really unbearable when it happened at first, went to the hospital and found out that i have High blood pressure. the following days a controlled my foods eating lightly and more on fruits. then one day it is all gone along with the HB pressure.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Loud music
working in a loud environment
TMJ = misaligned jaw
clenching your teeth
Grinding your teeth at night- usually stress related
Food allergies
Cell phones have been rumored to be a cause- microwaves

The latest I have discovered that can cause Tinnitus is Amalgam fillings.
Along with a whole list of other bad side affects.
I am actually having all mine removed at the end of the month.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join