<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

وقد منح الله لكم ايها الاحباء على الكلاب
القوام بصحة جيدة وقوية العيش والحياة. وقد منح
الله لكم السلامة والأمن كلب. حفظ الله هل لك المقربين
لك سعداء. وقد منح الله لكم العون والإرشاد ومعرفة بلادكم. آمين.

May Allah give your beloved Dog the strength and health to live a good and strong life.

May Allah grant you and your dog the safety and security.

May Allah keep you and those who are close to you happy.

May Allah give you the guidance and knowledge to help your own.

Amen

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The only treatment is GET IT OUT - make her throw up - use grass and greens, anything.

And support her liver. Low protein with rice. Make the food - small amounts of cooked chicken, boiled egg, or cottage cheese ...

Good luck. Act fast.

Prayers and love to you and your dog.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Many years ago someone poisoned my Old English Sheepdog named Barnie. I'm not sure what he digested but the vet said to give him plenty of milk with a raw egg in it... Don't know if it helps but I pray your little dog makes a full recovery.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
you could probably get this dog treated immediatly then be given a bill afterwards.

get an emergency loan/ pawn some jewlery. etc.
edit on 12-4-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is just horrifying. I am like red in the face with anger with my muscles throbbing just desperately wanting to punch whoever is responsible for hurting this innocent animal.

When Lucy feels better (I pray she'll recover)... the one thing I can recommend is to go to each one of the neighbors and inquire as to if they saw anything. Now if it was me: I would go to each neighbor and not only tell them what happened, but also explain what I'm going to do to the perpetrator when I find them. I'd probably also get a gang of like 15 people together to scour the area and keep and eye on the neighbors (I know, it's extreme. But nobody hurts my dogs and gets away with it)

I have a neighbor who just moved in about 3 years ago (compared to everyone else whose lived in the neighborhood for at least 20 years). One of those disgustingly overpriced ostentatious McMansions among regular ranch houses. They like to dump their yard waste on their neighbors lawns and they never talk to anyone in the neighborhood unless it is to complain about something. Since I have 4 dogs, occasionally one of them will bark. These neighbors have complained to my parents (one of whom doesn't even live in my house), but they have never dared to approach me.
This is because once they took it into their own hands and came at night and opened the gate to my backyard. I live on a very busy street... so opening the gate is basically asking for the dogs to get run over. And so for a few weeks after that, I would go out with the dogs myself.... stand on the porch... and stare at their obnoxious vinyl monstrosity they call a house. Whenever I had friends over and they would want to smoke a butt, we'd go into the backyard and "discuss" these people who apparently have no respect for the other people they live around or living things in general. Hopefully they got the message that I know their intentions.

*sigh*

I got worked up there. Let's ignore that ridiculous rant of mine and lemmie just add one piece of advice:

I'm sure poisoning an animal is illegal. Call the police and tell them that someone trespassed on your property and deliberately fed poison to your dog. Hopefully something can be done.

I really hope that whoever did this will be found and punished and I wish you and Lucy all the best.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just want to say that you are a great individual for having the courage and heart to save that puppy left on the side of the road. I bet your puppy loves you more than you will ever know for that! Most people would just walk on by on leave it there - but not you as you are an angel! Lucy has been lucky by you saving her so far and I got a feeling that she is going to pull through this again. Once you have done all you can, close your eyes and picture her surrounded in bright white and pink light, like I will do right now for you and her. Let us know... friend

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sorry to say but her condition may be ongoing as some poisons can stay in the system for 10-12 days. She may need therapy to recover, such as corticosteroids(ie. prednisone )-which is a tx for bromethalin, as well as Vitk and hydration, not to mention comfort. Such as keep her in a safe quite spot...bathroom, kennel, area in your room ect.

Sadly, keeping her hydrated without the use of a Lactated Ringer's solution subQ IV drip and if she is vomiting all orally given water, is very difficult As the subQ offered at a clinic.

You can test to see how hydrated she is by a skin turger-tenting the skin on the back of her neck observing it's ability to snap back. If it snaps back quick, she is at a comfortable hydration level, if it's slow then she needs help. Also, gum color is important. And I really hope her gums are not bleeding. Are they dry? A normal color for her? Check her CRT(capillary refill time.), as a way to check her blood pressure, that can also indicate dehydration or hydration and of course her being sick.
CRT:Take a finder and press above her canine tooth, then release. First the spot will show paler than the surrounding skin. If 1.5 seconds pass, the color comes back it's a normal level. If it takes longer than 1.5 (esp 3 seconds)seconds- it is an indicator of low blood pressure(cause of alarm) and dehydration.

I suggest you contact your closest animal shelter(namely Humane society-because of being more likely to offer medical care, animal control shelters would probably want to euthanize), they can offer free, or discounted care sometimes. I say sometimes other times you would have to sign over your pet where they will offer tx and re adoption.

Also...

Make sure to have the incident reported to your local law center and shelter, as well as alert neighbors(hopefully a neighbor did not do this).

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Silo, I'm so sorry this happened to your puppy. I hope that she will pull through, I hate to say this but her chances are not good. Having worked for a vet when I was going to college I saw a few dogs which had eaten rat poision and the vet was not able to save them. You and lucy have my prayers and I truely hope that she pulls through. The person who did this is dispicable. I hope that your local police are able to find them, please report this as they will probably do this to some one else.

My dogs are like my kids so I know what you are going through. I wish I could be more helpful.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I wish I could be more help. I really do. I can empathize in that my puppy was found much like yours was, on the side of the road curled up with 4 other littermates. My pup along with her brother the only ones alive...barely. When I saw her at the SPCA and I picked her up, she fell asleep in my arms and I knew she was the one for me, as she chose me in this instance and knew she finally found a safe haven in my arms and the love that all living things need. The kind of love you have for Lucy and she for you I'm sure.

I will be praying for both of you in this time of trouble. Please keep us posted on the situation.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thanks so much for all the information and prayers and encouragement.

She's alive but like most of you said its' going to be a long process. Her gums are a good color and capillary refill fine so she doesn't seem to be hemorrhaging internally. Also, though she will not drink on her own her skin turgor is good - thanks to spoon feeding her broth. She's lethargic of course, but, she tried to go out on her own this morning so either she's sick of being carried in and out to relieve herself or just wanted a change of pace. Regardless there's no blood in her stool (unless occult) and she's breathing, that's all good.

Long couple days but the fight is still on.

Thank you all so much again, I'm humbled and touched to my heart by the prayers and kindness here and the number of people who've gone out of their way to help, and send encouraging U2U's...

peace

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Glad to hear Lucy is doing fine.

I have just been watching to make sure everything is ok. Not really sure why, I think it was just the animal lover in me. I'll try to keep sending positive vibes in your direction, and hope for the best!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

you could probably get this dog treated immediatly then be given a bill afterwards.

*Shakes head* Did you read anything the OP had to say on the subject?
Also not every one has someone they could get a loan from, and not every one has something they can pawn.

Also I made the mistake of taking my cat to the vet in an emergency once. It was 3 days until payday and I only had $40 to my name and the bill was triple that. They weren't going to let me leave with my cat until I paid. At one point I thought they were going to call the cops. They wouldn't take my $40 they wanted it in full right then and there. They wouldn't even let me leave with out my cat. 3 people stood blocking the exit. Finally the actual vet took sympathy on me and wrote out a contract where I agreed to pay with in 3 days. One very large and very intimidating male (one of the ones who blocked the exit) made it very clear to me that not being able to pay a vet bill at time of service was animal neglect, and to expect a visit from animal control.
All and all I do have to say the actual vet was very kind and understanding it was the Vet Tech and the receptionists that were horrible to me me.

Silo, sending up prayers that Lucy continues to get better.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Happy to hear that she is doing better. Comfort is the key now. Try electrolytes (PediaLite) mixed in with wet dog food. Not a prob for me to reply, infact Lucy reminds me of my Border Collie mix(color wise, but head wise not so much). Looks like she is one too?
He's had he share of bad luck when I lived on a farm-from being shot by a psycho neighbor to ingesting something he shouldn't have- and did pull through.
edit on 13-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by MR BOB

*Shakes head* Did you read anything the OP had to say on the subject?
Also not every one has someone they could get a loan from, and not every one has something they can pawn.

Also I made the mistake of taking my cat to the vet in an emergency once. It was 3 days until payday and I only had $40 to my name and the bill was triple that. They weren't going to let me leave with my cat until I paid. At one point I thought they were going to call the cops. They wouldn't take my $40 they wanted it in full right then and there. They wouldn't even let me leave with out my cat. 3 people stood blocking the exit. Finally the actual vet took sympathy on me and wrote out a contract where I agreed to pay with in 3 days. One very large and very intimidating male (one of the ones who blocked the exit) made it very clear to me that not being able to pay a vet bill at time of service was animal neglect, and to expect a visit from animal control.
All and all I do have to say the actual vet was very kind and understanding it was the Vet Tech and the receptionists that were horrible to me me.

Silo, sending up prayers that Lucy continues to get better.

Wow, sorry you had to go through that mess... Vet clinic staff as you described give honest and compassionate Veterinary field members a bad name. The Receptionist should not be the one telling you or the Vet what to do. Suggestions okay, but in the end the Doctor should have the say so, as by law. I won't go much into rant about my experiences of fellow people in the field. I will say as in any field of employment and career, there's always those who try to dictate beyond moral and lawful grounds.

Well said, It's hard to be prepared for a medical emergency now days, even for yourself. One may have to use the resources put way for situations as such.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I was thinking about what you said - that prayer can’t heal puppies, but veterinarians can. Well, Lucy is better. You come to your own conclusion to the truth of your above belief, without dissenting. I know the truth of it, you'll learn it someday.

Beyond that I was really troubled by your attitude of negativity and closed mindedness in this thread.
We all see it, so do you, and it’s a problem.

No, not that you were trying to attack me, that doesn't work because I don’t ‘accept' it. But because for whatever reason the thread has had a negative impact on you resulting in your need to spend time outside of peace, outside of joy. For whatever reason you clicked on the thread. Maybe you really like puppies. Or Ladies, lol, but for whatever reason your frustration at my situation put you on the attack.

I’m sorry for that.

I’m sorry my thread has been a negative experience for you, not my intention at all. Maybe I’ll leave a ‘warning’ notice on my threads that might be frustrating from now on. Which would be just about every one of them, but still, lol.

So I‘ll use this moment to tell you Lucy is better - not perfect - but not dead - and take the opportunity to also thank you for your participation in the event of her sickness.

Thank you.

On a side note? Maybe the real reason Lucy got sick and just so you know?

Each and every time I’ve prayed Lucy gets better - I’ve also prayed for you.

So expect your life to get more frustrating - cause you can run, and you can hide, but you’re not going to be able to escape Christ. Not anymore.

I promise one day He will bring you peace - if you take a chance on Him.

Until then? Strap yourself in cause you're in for a rough ride.

She’s still feeling pretty bad - but - she’s breathing!

Thank God and ATS!
edit on 13-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

TO ALL OF YOU WHO’VE BEEN PRAYING and

FOR ALL YOU WHO GAVE GREAT ADVICE!

THANK YOU!

The egg and milk and small amounts of food/rice is starting to work as of just about an hour ago.

She still feels really bad, but, she’s at least trying to eat and drink on her own (no more forcing fluids down her throat) and is looking a little better. Her skin turgor is ok and her gums are still nice and pink and capillary refill is fine!!!

I think my best buddy is going to live! I’m not stopping believing cause I know she is sooo NOT out of the woods yet, but, she’s a little better!

Thank you all SO MUCH! Even those of you who have been less but supportive. Thank you to you too!

peace
edit on 13-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh I just talked to my mom about your dog’s situation she told me that one of our dog’s years ago ate rat poison and he survived it, she just kept giving him bread soaked with milk.

Glad to hear she is doing okay!
edit on 4/13/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just ran home from work to read this thread and so glad Lucy is improving! I don't even know you or Lucy but believe me... you two have been on my mind ALL day (made me very emotional all day)!!! I know she will survive and everything will be better than before. Let us know when she is given the "all clear" and more photos please when she is well again!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yeeeeeah! Look! I even have Ace Ventura on the case!
I am sooooo happy she's doing better!
((((virtual hugs))))

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Awww.... what a sweet face your Lucy has. I know she is still feeling punky and will for a little while yet I'm sure but it was nice to get up this morning, check on this thread and see that she made it through the night. Seeing her picture this morning just made my heart melt. Thank you for keeping us posted as to her progress thus far and I look forward to more updates telling us of her improvement. (I refuse to think of the alternative outcome... only positive thoughts for you and dear Lucy)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join