It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help a lady with her: Puppy?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

He drops the ball just outta my reach,then when I go to grab it,he sneaks it away and drops it just outta reach again,etc etc.

Are you sure they're not Skyping while we're doing human things? Sounds pretty suspicious to me!
I think I 'cured' her of this 'little game' yesterday.
She brought me her 'Bee' like I asked and the first 'fling' she brought it right back. The next time the game began. Not bringing it back to me as much as a pace ahead of me and making me 'fetch'.
'Nope, not gonna happen' says I and turned around and walked away. Didn't play any fetch until much later. This time she was better. She's learning if she wants to play she has to do it on MY terms.

Added note - because she is getting big, and she is VERY strong I really have to make sure even in her games she's a hundred percent doing it 'my way'. I have to always keep in mind I'm Alpha I'm Alpha! lol

Have a great weekend!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
because she is getting big, and she is VERY strong I really have to make sure even in her games she's a hundred percent doing it 'my way'. I have to always keep in mind I'm Alpha I'm Alpha! lol

I know that one-when you have a big strong dog who tests their authority out on you...Its sort of the teenage stage I think.
Use the harness for walks-save your shoulder and Lucie's neck.
She will be fine,just keep her busy with jobs and the course so she can't go sneaking off to smoke,drink or dig up turkeys with her teenage buddies.

Gentle discipline is key at this stage-but more important is the bond you have with her already.
I doubt she will really test you-shes just looking for the weak points in your armor at this stage,but she does not want to disappoint you either,as she needs your love more than anything.
Lucie is just being a teenage tease.

But she is above clever on the dog IQ scale I think-so you will have to be super devious and cunning to out fox her with new games and jobs.
I think you should exploit her love for digging-I said weeks back when you just got Lucie that she should dig you a pool.

If you could get her to dig a big hole/flower bed/trench for a compost pit or something I bet she would love doing that for you.

She needs those extra tasks-Be fiendish about making new jobs for her Silo!

You two have a top weekend.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

I have to get back to Luci - I can't stay up at the computer any longer. PLEASE see my post here:

Etna Eruption!

Luci is just freaking. I have no time, or words to express her actions - to say she is AGITATED is an understatement.

Back to Luci - see the thread for more info.

Thank you!

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Have any of you ever experienced a pet 'freaking out'???

I'm still not over it.

Her behavior didn't stop until almost 0230 and then when she finally went to sleep (yes, with me in the bed) she had nightmares all night!

SIX TIMES I had to wake her up and she was almost howling.
No joke.

This has got me freaked a bit.

Could there be something wrong with her?

This morning she's just tired but eating ok, drinking ok, wanting to play but not with a great deal of enthusiasm.

And NO repeat in the daylight of the nighttime behavior.

Added note:

Be reassured I did check again - in the light of say - the WHOLE area around the house. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing. And with me spending nearly every waking moment that i"m not on the computer outside? I'd know.

Also - No, she's not in heat. Too early(?) and I she's not all..well...swollen and stuff.

The other animals are fine.

But I'm telling you it was scary. She was running the same track around and around the house, peeing constantly. Came in and had diarrhea ('fear poops') - peed inside in little spritzes on the papers I placed before the door. Nightmares.

I mean really, this is when I want to use the 'WT*' abbreviation.

I'm still shaking my head.

Very scary stuff.

Thank you all so much again.

I feel so indebted to your kindness and mercy on me in moments like this!

luci & grace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by mileysubet

Hmmm, someone else that can’t read I see.

I was feeling really bad about you and your dog until I kept reading. While you have been on ATS uploading pics of your dog and responding negatively to anyone and everyone that did not offer up a prayer, who is fixing your dog? You seem pretty angry at people for simply telling you that doing NOTHING will probably not help much. You have a lot of posts in this thread and some cute pictures. I hope that dogs pulls through despite the owner's apparent attitude problem and proclivity to waste 24 whining about life instead of googline it early enough to get the vitamin K before the pharamacy closed for the second night.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ah so you beat that cute tiny dog because it did not understand what you were trying to tell it.
Now I see.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Friends. Please - Just laugh off the ignorance and disregard the last two posts to the thread. Honestly these kind of trolls don't even deserve notice so just pass them on by and don't worry about responding. Pity them - like I do - if you feel the need to do something, but, let's just leave them alone in this thread here ok?

UPDATE: Luci is getting nervous again but Etna is also starting to get really loud. So, from all this we might can chalk one check to the column of dogs being able to tell when an 'earth moment' is going to happen.

Interesting stuff that.

Thank you all for your patience.

peace
edit on 30-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

you really think people are going to read my posts, read your post, then go back and delete my posts from their memory or do you believe they will just skip to yours first?

You open the thread by saying that you are watching your dog appear to die and doing almost nothing about it and all you did was complain that people on ATS were telling you that prayer would not help as much as medical care would. 30 pages later you are feeling so bad because you gave your dog such a "whoopin."

As a pet owner, you lost my sympathy way back.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

you really think people are going to read my posts, read your post, then go back and delete my posts from their memory or do you believe they will just skip to yours first?

No, but the people who bothered to read the whole thread and have participated in it since day one? They'll ignore you most likely. If they don't? That's up to them but don't expect a lot of support for your opinion when you're talking out your 'wrong end'.

Do you even realize it's not the same dog? No. So hear that cannon boom? That's your credibility being shot to hell.

You're uninformed, and it shows.

You're also on the attack, in my opinion, because I brought up prayer. So got for it. Attack, show your ignorance that's all fine with me. Problem is you'll get no where in this thread. WE know the truth, and you're showing a lack of it. Period.

Beyond that? Luci is getting more nervous as Etna continues to get louder.

I find this interesting only because the last time - just a matter of days ago - when Etna exploded? It didn't really bother Luci all that much at all.

This time? She's going into 'whine mode' again and starting to pace. I had to put her on the chain as I can't escape from work this morning but I'm going back and forth from working here to reassuring her - and me - at regular intervals.

The ground is shaking again!

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

No, but the people who bothered to read the whole thread and have participated in it since day one? They'll ignore you most likely. If they don't? That's up to them but don't expect a lot of support for your opinion when you're talking out your 'wrong end'.

But see, the thing is. I do not care if anyone reads my posts. They were addressed to you and you have read them. You care. I just think it is funny that you warn people against reading them after them.

Do you even realize it's not the same dog? No. So hear that cannon boom? That's your credibility being shot to hell.

Yes, I get that the dog that you beat is not the same one that lay suffering from poison for at lest 24 hours while you waited for someone on ATS to give you advice you wanted to hear. Sorry I confused the dog you beat with the one you let suffer. Boy do I feel dumb.

You're uninformed, and it shows.

You're also on the attack, in my opinion, because I brought up prayer. So got for it. Attack, show your ignorance that's all fine with me. Problem is you'll get no where in this thread. WE know the truth, and you're showing a lack of it. Period.

I am indeed uninformed. I did not read the whole thread. Your attitude towards people that wanted to help your dog but were not saying what you wanted them to say was sickening at best. And to see how you took pics, posted them, and then spent soooo much time here...all while that dog was suffering..wow. And you complain about people telling you to give it charcoal because they should know you already did but when someone tells you it needs vitamin K oh whoops, too late to get any now. Good thing you did not google it or something.

Your attitude was rotten to people that were trying to help. I skipped to the end just to see how the dog turned out and the first post I read is the one where you go on about beating your dog. If I missed anything in between, it is that you are not taking good care of two dogs instead of one. Thank you for clearing that up.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I reckon Lucie is hearing and feeling noises and vibrations which are out of Human range.
It would make sense that something as huge as Etna would produce very low frequency booms and bangs that we cannot hear-But that Lucie may be able to hear.
She may have heard these pre eruption noises before,but its only now that she has put 2+2 together and realized that the noises mean Etna will soon get very noisy.
Poor girl.
Maybe you should ask your neighbors if any of their animals were acting strange at the same time-just to put your mind at rest.

edit on 30/7/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: words removed

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

She may have heard these pre eruption noises before,but its only now that she has put 2+2 together and realized that the noises mean Etna will soon get very noisy.
Poor girl.

That's what I'm thinking too - she's finally dealt with it enough to know what's 'going on' and isn't happy with the situation. But she's a trooper and with extra rounds of playing 'squeaky' and 'go find' she's making it through just fine.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good Morning Silo and others! Just wanted to chime in here on the animals '6th sense' when it comes to earth changes. I know on another thread that I monitor (like this one) in reference to the Earthquake swarm in NW Arkansas (The New Madrid Fault Zone) there are several members that have documented their animals acting oddly just prior to one of the quakes hitting them. From what they have described it sounds like Luci's behavior. I myself noted that when my area had a small quake last year for about 5 minutes prior to the quake hitting my 2 babies (dogs) ran around the house barking madly at nothing and when they were not barking they were all about sniffing the ground intently with tail between their legs. Scared the daylights out of me to be honest. After it was over, they turned back into the normal wacka-dos I love.

But yes, it is scary to say the least and I'm sorry you both are having to go through this. Keep us posted when you have the chance. Love the new pics of the Luci-sweetie-face. You are doing such a fantastic job with her, Silo... I'm so proud of you!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Hi Hi - Good to hear from you!

Yeah we're doing fine all in all - Etna is still 'booming' but Luci has settled down from her behavior last night. I'll tell you though it was outrageous.
Interestingly enough? Reason tells me if it was an animal leaving traces she'd have followed the same routes she crossed and recrossed last night - (the boarder of the place) - but she didn't. She checked out the whole area this morning and only started her whining when Etna started getting loud.

The dog agility people who were supposed to be here last week let me know they will not be here this week either (because of Etna) - so, I hope I have more updates on Luci and her physical and mental prowess later!

Hope all is well with you and your 'babies'...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

OK....I was not going to respond to your rude posts.....but I wanted to let you know that you are VERY misinformed. If you would have read the entire thread, you would know that she DID take the puppy to the vet....and that she lived far from town and there isn't much around where she lives. She rescued that puppy from a ditch and saved it's life....and IF you read the whole thread, you would know that the puppy had distemper and had to be put down. She loved that puppy. You can see in the pictures she posted that she took great care of that puppy, and she was well loved. In case you didn't know this either (by not reading the entire thread), she did not have transportation at the time, and she lives far from any vet, and was trying to find a way to get to the vet.
Why would you come to this thread, without knowing the facts, and start berating someone for something you know nothing about? If you want to critisize someone for being :cruel", perhaps you should go back and read the entire thread ,THEN read your post again. I call berating someone who lost her best friend pretty cruel.
There was a good reason for her "beating" her new puppy (you know nothing about that either) Silo does not even like to use the word "no" or raise her voice to the puppy (a very LARGE and strong one BTW), So NO.....she did not beat a "tiny" puppy....see what I mean? Because you didn't read everything, you didn't even realize that she had to have her puppy put down AT THE VET'S office, and we are now talking about a completely different pup. She DID take her to the vet, and didn't sleep for days because she was watching over her. If you read the WHOLE thread, you would also know that Silo goes above and beyond loving her puppy, and goes to great lengths to make sure they are happy and healthy. So the next time you feel the urge to come on to someone's thread and leave rude remarks, I suggest you read the whole thread, Otherwise, you make yourself look foolish.
Silo is a wonderful, loving and caring person, and does not deserve what you dished out. That's all I have to say.....just read the entire thread next. I know you can't really be that mean, and it was just a misunderstanding....at least I hope so. That's all I have to say on this subject....

edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gracie, I won't post anything about those rude comments again....but I wanted that person to know that they were wrong about you .I couldn't just leave that there without setting it straight. How is Luci this morning? (it's morning here) I was wondering....do you have a plan of action if things go bad with the volcano?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hmmm...its times like these I miss my beloved "ignore"button.

Oh well,school hols bring em all all out of the woodwork-as usual.

Hope your injuries are getting better BTW.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hun you can do as you please - I was just saying cause I didn't want anyone worried I was upset.

Luci had settled down for the most part but strangely now that Etna has settled down - she's getting a bit upset again.

I wish I knew if it was just Etna or something else. I was going to ask the neighbors about their animals, but, well, that just doesn't happen here.

Hugs to you - hope you're healing well...

gracie

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, I'm getting better slowly. The pain is not as bad now. Guess what? Someone just started a thread about animals freaking out (they are in France) check it out!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just read a comment you posted in another thread re Luci acting strange. Is she OK now? How is the volcano turning out? Are you guys in any immediate danger? Send my love to Luci.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join