It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia OR my connection into other things.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
Don't wanna sound all *ucked* up and such but i feel i am at a place in my life where i need to make a choice on whether or not it is true or merely a deception on my perceptions.
edit on 12-4-2011 by ParanoidKid because: (no reason given)

Best advice I can think of, try things that empower you. Wether or not those things you experience have some real basis, you've lost some control of your mind and you need to get it back, for this you must become a stronger individual than average. I've never believed psychiatrists for several reasons which I'll not get into but for a brief moment in my life I accepted their views on my situation and I regret it to this day. If anything the prediction I would sooner or later loose control over my own actions because I had already lost some control over my thoughts and medication was the only chance I had to keep this under control contributed to my feelings of helplessness, they made my situation worse by putting "me" out of the equation. It's my selfimage that interprets anything coming out of this 'other world' and the more I learn and understand about it, the more I can keep that connection in check. But by believing the mind is nothing more than a few chemical processes I felt powerless and the voices/imagery only become more difficult to deal with. I changed my mind and said thanks but no thanks to psychiatry, I see a psychologist now but it is for my "earthly" problems and I seldom discuss the 'supernatural' things with her.

So be prepared you will have to spend a lot of time studying to beat this, learn about the anatomy of the brain so you get a better picture of what is going on with you it also helps communication with any psychiatrist treating you. I think it's better when you speak to psychiatrists/psychologists in their own language, read about the side effects of certain medication if you ever decide you should try them, confront them with these findings and see how they react, these are things that have helped me a lot. Also I started taking classes and courses just so I can get some certificates so I feel better about myself, just something to get my selfesteem up and not view myself as being a loser, nolifer or simply crazy/psychotic nut without any skills.

That is what has helped me most in dealing with voices, some go away just by showing an attitude, others go away because I understand the physiological side better. I've also made my own beliefs about what is happening but I don't think it's a good idea to share it, people want to know they should figure it all out for themselves. It isn't a 100% 'cure' but at least the 'extrasensory' stimuli is down to a minimum so I'm able to function at my job and be with friends who are unaware of my 'condition'.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join