It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Cheyenne, WY 4/11/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Now I've never really been into UFO's and aliens and such, and still not really into them, but I must say that me and a friend of mine witnessed something that we just couldn't find an explanation for. I'm sorry I have no footage of what I saw. The only camera I had available was my 2 megapixel phone camera that can't even pick up the brightest of night time stars, let alone something that I could barely see against the night sky.

So first I want to note that this occurred in Cheyenne, WY where many of you may recognize is the location of F.E. Warren Air Force Base: Home of the 90th Missile Wing, who happen to have in their command a significant number of ICBM's and nuclear weapons and such. There have been a lot of connections with nuclear weapons and UFO's, and F.E. Warren has been the subject of a few of these dialogues. Now I personally don't know if there is any connection, or if I believe in any type of connection with regards to the UFOs and Nuclear weapons, but I suppose it is worth noting on here.

Anyways, time for the story of what happened:
I had just gotten off work and walked out to my car in the parking lot with one of my co-workers. I was facing East while talking to my buddy. We were engaged in a pretty decent discussion for about 15-20 minutes out in the parking lot. So approximately 9:20 PM, I noticed some movement in the sky to the east. The sky was quite clear, with plenty of stars visible. There was some significant light pollution as we were in the middle of town, and the moon was pretty high up in the sky, and it is about half full. So, I see movement in the sky, and I focus my attention to whatever was moving. It was to the east, about a 35-45 degree angle from where I was on the ground to where the object was in the sky. The best I can describe what I saw, was just a long, solid black rectangle that was moving smoothly across the sky from south to north.

My very first thought was "Oh it looks like the wingspan of a plane, ok must be a plane." (Also worth noting, the airport is in a pretty central location in town, and also doubles as the Air National Guard base so I am quite accustomed to seeing low flying aircraft in the night sky)

So, after quickly realizing that it didn't seem to have any lights on it, (It did have some very dim points of illumination around the edges, but it seemed more like it was reflecting light rather than producing light) and that I couldn't make out any other shape that distinguishes a plane (Nose, tail, etc.), I asked my buddy to turn around and have a look. I asked "Dude, can you see that??" He turned around and looked up at the direction I pointed. He said "Yeah, I see it, that isn't a plane is it? It looks like it is moving too fast." I replied, "No I'm pretty sure it isn't a plane, there are no lights, and listen, it isn't making a sound. If it was a plane, we should be able to hear it." I then thought, perhaps a flock of birds? It is Spring, and it is perfectly normal to see the Canada Goose flying overhead. Except even they tend to make enough noise that you can hear them from the ground. Besides that, the object was too solid, blocking out stars as it moved along, it was way too fast for a flock of birds, and it maintained a very distinct and precise rectangular shape.

After it passed overhead and out of view, we kept trying to figure out what it was. It was just some black, probably metallic rectangular object with no lights, no sound and moving rather quickly and smoothly across the night sky. It would have blended almost perfectly with the night sky if it weren't for the moon overhead lighting the sky just enough to make out the slight silhouette of the object and the apparent reflection of light from the object.

Whatever it was we saw, left me and my buddy baffled, and I thought I would share it on here to see what the ATS community makes of it. It was pretty weird, certainly nothing l have ever seen before and like I said, I have never really been into UFO's and such, and still remain pretty skeptical of the notion that aliens are visiting us and whatnot.

Anyways that's my story and I look forward to your input, Cheers!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

Sounds like some of the kinda stuff they are makin nowadays.......extremly high tech. HUSH HUSH until discovered and only on a need to know basis kinda thing. To many people have cameras nowadays so this kinda stuff will not last long under UFO subjects.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Did it look anything like this?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I was never "into ufo's" either, until I saw one in 2004. It was a silent black triangle and it was directly overhead me, my wife, my step-son (who spotted it first) and several other people in a IHOP parking lot. It was massively huge, didn't make a sound and we all saw it in a matter of seconds before it disappeared into a low cloud. It had very bright bluish white orb type lights on each angle.

I have never seen one before or since that experience. I am convinced it was other worldly. It was much too large to be "suspended" in the air like that and it moved much too slow, and it did not make a sound.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I for one don't really believe that the triangle craft are of earthly origin. They've been around for decades. Why would they keep them secret for so long? There's always been an arms race and a competition of sorts between the countries, like the United States and Russia, for example. The nations always liked to boast their new technologies and achievements to show their superiority.

Why would they act differently when it comes to the black triangles? Also, the triangles have been spotted not only in the US. Would the US craft violate the international borders just like that? Would other countries allow the US craft to fly over their territories just like that? Why aren't these craft used in current military operations? Too many questions and still no believable answer.
edit on 12/4/2011 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by midwest

Yeah it did look a bit like that. However, I have had a B2 fly over my head a few times in my life, and even though they may be stealth aircraft, they are not quiet machines. They have flown into town before and they are very loud, what with their jet engines and all. They often do an Airshow at the Air National Guard base in the summertime during Cheyenne Frontier Days, and the B2 has shown up on a few occasions. I'm fairly certain it wasn't one of those, but I haven't yet ruled out military aircraft.

As for the triangle aircraft, My brother told me a story of one he saw with his buddy a good number of years ago, also in Cheyenne. He and his friend were sitting in his friend's backyard one night, and my brother saw something come over the house passing from west to east, directly overhead. It was a triangle shaped object with one bright light at the front point of the triangle with 3 or four lights down each side. He said it moved steadily and silently across the sky. His friend was doing something else and didn't see it at the time. But, about 10 minutes later, the object came back from the east and headed west in the exact opposite direction it went the first time. The second time it flew over both he and his friend saw it. Interesting stuff indeed.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would like some more infos on the event you witnessed: the day and you position. you can find the coordinates on google map. just find the parking lot and relay to us the coordinates.

now, regarding your description

Originally posted by Dienekes
Now I've never really been into UFO's and aliens and such, and still not really into them, but I must say that me and a friend of mine witnessed something that we just couldn't find an explanation for. I'm sorry I have no footage of what I saw. The only camera I had available was my 2 megapixel phone camera that can't even pick up the brightest of night time stars, let alone something that I could barely see against the night sky.

So first I want to note that this occurred in Cheyenne, WY where many of you may recognize is the location of F.E. Warren Air Force Base: Home of the 90th Missile Wing, who happen to have in their command a significant number of ICBM's and nuclear weapons and such. There have been a lot of connections with nuclear weapons and UFO's, and F.E. Warren has been the subject of a few of these dialogues. Now I personally don't know if there is any connection, or if I believe in any type of connection with regards to the UFOs and Nuclear weapons, but I suppose it is worth noting on here.

Military bases are important, especially if this is part of the AFGSC. Still, a missile wing is.. well.. it's made of missiles. strategic bombers are not a 12th element.

Anyways, time for the story of what happened:
I had just gotten off work and walked out to my car in the parking lot with one of my co-workers. I was facing East while talking to my buddy. We were engaged in a pretty decent discussion for about 15-20 minutes out in the parking lot. So approximately 9:20 PM, I noticed some movement in the sky to the east. The sky was quite clear, with plenty of stars visible. There was some significant light pollution as we were in the middle of town, and the moon was pretty high up in the sky, and it is about half full. So, I see movement in the sky, and I focus my attention to whatever was moving. It was to the east, about a 35-45 degree angle from where I was on the ground to where the object was in the sky. The best I can describe what I saw, was just a long, solid black rectangle that was moving smoothly across the sky from south to north.

This is where your position is important: around a military base flight zones are restricted and controlled. Air force planes are subjugated to even more draconian laws than civilians. If you carry a plane that costs billions, loaded with ammunition to level a city or a nuclear bomb, your flight path doesn't leave room to fantasy or improvisation. Current laws prohibit bombers to fly over cities. When they do, they are not carrying payload and must light up like Christmas trees.

My very first thought was "Oh it looks like the wingspan of a plane, ok must be a plane." (Also worth noting, the airport is in a pretty central location in town, and also doubles as the Air National Guard base so I am quite accustomed to seeing low flying aircraft in the night sky)

Now, don't take me wrong, but here you are making a theory, actually documenting a theory that you made up at the very moment you witnessed the event. This could influence the data you collected (is it that clear i'm a scientist? :lol
on the event and the subsequent observation could be just a desire to see something unnatural. I'm not playing down what you saw, I'm trying to understand what made you think you saw an UFO.

So, after quickly realizing that it didn't seem to have any lights on it, (It did have some very dim points of illumination around the edges, but it seemed more like it was reflecting light rather than producing light) and that I couldn't make out any other shape that distinguishes a plane (Nose, tail, etc.), I asked my buddy to turn around and have a look. I asked "Dude, can you see that??" He turned around and looked up at the direction I pointed. He said "Yeah, I see it, that isn't a plane is it? It looks like it is moving too fast." I replied, "No I'm pretty sure it isn't a plane, there are no lights, and listen, it isn't making a sound. If it was a plane, we should be able to hear it."

Again, the observations are not neutral. Are you really sure the speed was too high? How could you measure it? what if it was moving in your direction, at low altitude, gliding while entering landing approach level? A plane while taxing in L2 downwind almost doesn't need power, you sit there and wait, gliding. the speed is sufficient to drop you to the right altitude (your city is quite low in elevation) saving you fuel and stress
on the gears.

Regarding the lights, last week the moon on Cheyenne was rising from 55% to 95% in illuminated surface, dropping from the 70 degrees to 30something. Moonset was around 1 if it happened last week. this babbling means that effectively the subject of the event received more refraction from the moon than the observer on earth. the illumination around the edges is common for vehicles covered in refractive materials, such as NIMs. Yehu effects also could make it impossible to recognize, exactly as you say in the next paragraph. I believe you saw a skunk work, most notably a drone or avionic designed to be the second Have Blue. Something to present to the big league in your city.

I then thought, perhaps a flock of birds? It is Spring, and it is perfectly normal to see the Canada Goose flying overhead. Except even they tend to make enough noise that you can hear them from the ground. Besides that, the object was too solid, blocking out stars as it moved along, it was way too fast for a flock of birds, and it maintained a very distinct and precise rectangular shape.

After it passed overhead and out of view, we kept trying to figure out what it was. It was just some black, probably metallic rectangular object with no lights, no sound and moving rather quickly and smoothly across the night sky. It would have blended almost perfectly with the night sky if it weren't for the moon overhead lighting the sky just enough to make out the slight silhouette of the object and the apparent reflection of light from the object.

Whatever it was we saw, left me and my buddy baffled, and I thought I would share it on here to see what the ATS community makes of it. It was pretty weird, certainly nothing l have ever seen before and like I said, I have never really been into UFO's and such, and still remain pretty skeptical of the notion that aliens are visiting us and whatnot.

Anyways that's my story and I look forward to your input, Cheers!

I believe you saw a skunk work, most notably a drone or avionic designed to be the second Have Blue. Something to present to the big league in your city. The absence of sound means the object was small or gliding, the difficulties in understanding its shape are camouflage techniques that are, in this moment, being developed by everyone. By messing up with the optical trace of the avionic, it makes human recognition almost impossible. We are seeing similar techniques being developed on land too, just look at the new marines fatigues.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just saw precicely what you did, to the word, with no sound or lights also flying over my place just this exact moment as i got out of my car...im in Cairns, QLD Australia its 3:50am on Wednesday herereply to post by Dienekes

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi Dienekes,

I am currently researching UFO reports in your region and would very much like to talk to you about your sighting for an article I am writing. Your name will remain confidential. I have already interviewed several sighting witnesses in the WY, NE, and CO tri-state area relating to incidents between Sept. 2010 and March 2011.

Please email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Robert Hastings

top topics

join