It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it with Americans and their Presidents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would really like to know how it is that the greatest political power on this planet can have so many lovers of that power who are so closed minded to these facts.

1/ Your Presidents and some of their policys affect much of the world.
2/ People in other countries have opinions on your Presidents given the above.
3/ Many people in other countries love your President (s) more than many of you do.
4/ Other nationalities have mourned the tragic loss of some of your Presidents.
5/ Millions of foreign people are truly interested in who will be the next President, and Im talking for good reasons, not bad.

Reason for this rant is because a few weeks ago I heard a song from many many years ago played on a local radio station. Song is called ' Glad Im not a Kennedy' and was written and performed by a fellow countrywoman...one Shona Laing. She was/is a political activist and this song was her sadness about all the tragedy that has befallen the Kennedy family. And that is without the JFK Jr aircrash.

And because of that she is glad she's not a Kennedy. And I agree with her...Im glad I'm not either!
I was 12 years old outside hanging some laundry on the line when my mum came running out to say that JFK had been assassinated. I was devastated. At 12 years old. In a foreign country. I was equally devastated when I found out about Bobby......both occasions I cried my eyes out. OK so I had some pre pubescent romanticisim/infatuation...I dunno...but I still revere JFK as do many of my compatriots.

Now. I visited youtube a few weeks ago to see if I could find Shonas song and sure enough...it was there and a newer version. Still love it!
BUT....so many Americans are really pissed off !! They believe it is an attack on the Kennedy family and take it so damned personally.
I really am not sure on my motives for posting all of this, just need to say that I hope Americans know how admired some of your politicians are.....agree or not.

So, here is the video if you are interested. I will also post the lyrics because obviously they are what have caused so much dissention.

Would love your thoughts and I guess my point is, they are not only your political leaders.

edit on 12-4-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

ETA: LINK TO LYRICS
edit on 12-4-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I really am not sure on my motives for posting all of this, just need to say that I hope Americans know how admired some of your politicians are.....agree or not.

HAARP did it...
it made you post this

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella

If you all love our politicians so much you are welcome to come and take them at any time.

Really. We don't mind. Please. Take them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

lol...I did say SOME right?

For me the important message is that what Americans decide every election year affects ALL who inhabit this planet in some small and some big ways. I was affronted by the vehement comments made re the video above, and in other postings of it across the Web. All by Americans. Now dont hold that against me y'all...some of my best mates are Americans.

And I for one wish that JFK had had an opportunity to give more of himself before he was so cruelly taken from us all.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
People admire our Presidents?

edit on 12-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Haarp?? Oh jeez....lets not go there!! But there may be an inkling of truth in that, I have been hearing loud noises lately, the earth has been shaking ( had a 5.2 yesterday) so who knows?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
People admire President's?

I especially admired JFK and there is nothing anyone can say that will change that. I wish I could have shimmied at him the way MM did at that birthday celebration.
Sigh...........

Oh and BTW....loved his policies.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

JFK was one of the good ones. He knew the truth and was working to bring about change, but they shut him up quick like. Just like they do to all of the great benign leaders who offer peace and reason. He posed a great threat to the machine, and as such he had to go.

He was the last man of real integrity to hold the office, IMO.

My how the mighty have fallen. Look at what we have now been reduced to.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
JFK was the last real president that we had or will ever have....that man deserves everyones respect and admiration...he was killed for tryig to inform the people of what was really going on and what was to happen in the future...its just they came him short of his objective...everyone else since JFK i could care less for except for maybe Clinton,he was a good time...they have been preselected and put into place to serve the NWOs objectives since then...
edit on 12-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I know Im meant do do more than a sentence. So heres the second and a huge
to your statement.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Can someone make comment on the video and lyrics? They are my rhyme and reason for this thread but if you wanna talk JFK I am happy to do that 'till the cows come home...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

JFK was one of the last great ones. Now all we have are the stuff in the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

I didnt want to get into this but IMO your current President has inherited a whole heap of trouble from past regimes no? I mean we here in NZ are in an election year and the opposition are throwing heaps of dung at the current party in power who are coping with a #e economy inherited at last election by unwise decisions by previous Government ( elections every 3 yrs here), and a recession! No one is gonna win IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Kennedy said this shortly before his death (few weeks)

Honestly though I think the solution is decentralization of the government. If we have one leader at the top it's just like a new version of Rome, but if we have to refocus back on community again, we will learn how to help each-other yet again. We should never trust that somebody can take care of our problems for us. It's what allows things like torture, corruption, etc.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

I agree to everything you just said. Obama seems to be the scapegoat to Bush's decisions, however, the new guys is looking and looking alot like the old guy we had in office. Perhaps Obama would have been great if there weren't a bunch of leaches in government but who knows.

All I know is that Kennedy was the last of the good ones. Will there ever be anyone like Kennedy? Nope ... not until all scum gets washed away.
edit on 15-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Section69

I know this is very late but WOW!! I have never heard that JFK piece until now and it has bowled me over. Can you imagine any leader talking that way these days?
Dang it....I never checked this thread after it died but am so pleased I just did.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Double post.

Sigh....
edit on 1-7-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join