It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A clear message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This video is about 1,47 min, but it is so clear and it make me realise how i personally was taking everything for granted, started to think it about when i was writing the problem my nephew has.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now i saw this video and it hit me on the head, just watch it.

Count your blessings.

Power of words

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am legally blind myself, so this vid hits home in a big way.

My friends have said to me that I seem to be happier now that I cannot see than I was when I could. Now, granted, I am not "black blind".. I still see colors and shapes, but everything is as distorted as it can be. It's a genetic disorder that's grown worse as I've grown older. I cannot even see my children as they play a few feet away from m,e.

Anyhow... People say that I seem happier now than I used to be and wonder why.

I tell them it's because I can really see "between the lines" of things. Since I do not see the world as everyone else does, I end up encountering strange and humorous things that no one else would see.

For example... my wife and I went to a video game store and were looking around. I saw the box for a game called "Horsez".

Well, I saw the box and asked my wife, "Why are they selling a game called "Hot Sex" that has a picture of a horse on it?"

We laughed about that one for hours.

I could be angry about my blindness; I used to be, to be honest with you. But I can see that I've been blessed with the ability to see things in a different way from anyone else, and that uniqueness is mine alone. I enjoy it now for what it can give me. Sure, I have difficulties, but to be angry about things would diminish from the lessons it has taught me, as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

I liked your video. If you need different results, you have to do something different, right.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

This movie is a remake, the original was an Italian movie that was introduced in Cannes 2008.
I posted it a long time ago and not many people replied on it.... couldn't really understand that...

anyway, here's the link if you'd like to see it, the original is much more 'moving' imo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks for reminding me of it again, was worth the tenth (or so) watch

top topics

join