It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pigs To Pot Purveyors: We Don't Need Your Stinking Money!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, how about this one. The Fresno Police refused to accept a Five Thousand Dollar donation that was intended to go towards helping troubled youth. Why?

Because the donation came from a cannabis dispensary.

Link to shameful story

While the donation "was made with good intentions," said Police Chief Jerry Dyer, neither he nor the city "supports medical marijuana," claiming it would "send the wrong message" to the city's youth.

"That's all we were hoping to do was to just help some of these kids," said Buds 4 Life owner Brian Cooper. "Get them off the streets where the real problems lay, the gangs, the hardcore drugs

How shameful.

The real message being sent is from the police, and it is loud and clear: Kids, we don't care about yall.

Money is oney, and I wonder how many children and teens are suffering tonight because the police decided to refuse this gift? I am disgusted by the Fresno police actions. Hypocrits is what they are, if they want to help troubled youth take the damn money and help those kids! The police confiscate drug money and drug cars and drug computers and other drug stuff all the time. The police spend that drug money they confiscate, why the Idiocracy in this case?

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm sure plenty more people don't care about the Fresno Pigs, either.

So it goes both ways you know. I'd say they're outnumbered pretty badly already really.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great take the money and donate it to a non-profit that will actually use the money to help those in need. It is what they should have done in the first place but I'm sure there is more to it than that. The MJ dispensary seems to be trying to stir the pot.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They don't want it because they did not seize it...plain and simple.

Now if the city had a budget crisis and LEOs were going to be laid off, you know they would have gladly accepted it for their own use. Theres nothing in it for them...no joy of kicking in a door garbed in their tatical outfits with weapons.

The money was donated for at risk youth, how are the cops supposed to get satisfaction from helping kids???

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Great take the money and donate it to a non-profit that will actually use the money to help those in need. It is what they should have done in the first place but I'm sure there is more to it than that. The MJ dispensary seems to be trying to stir the pot.
LOL no pun intended I am sure.

I think they were trying to give back to the youth they felt could benefit from the money most.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

There better off donating the money to elect people to get rid of the current police leadership... Good article though

top topics

join