It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTEL PRO guide .. closed thread... poor newbie!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KineticX
The general theme of the document is outlining ways to counter legitimate free speech from existing.....so im confused on what that has to do with disagreements in content..

The "Identifying Cointelpro" material presented, in one form or another, has been seen here before. There is nothing new in the opening post.

Every single point may be easily parsed as an elaborate effort in prose authored by someone who has encountered (in their opinion) numerous individuals who tend not to reflexively accept their suppositions as probable.

For example:

Technique #1 - 'FORUM SLIDING' -- this may also be attributed to the majority of responders simply not believing, or caring about the points presented.

Technique #2 - 'CONSENSUS CRACKING' -- this seems highly contrived, and again, echoes the paranoid tendencies of someone who believes their musing should be more widely accepted, or, the result of someone who disagrees with more broadly accepted notions.

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION' -- this may be much more attributed to a diversity of participation, a wide range of people who think differently, than any organized effort to diffuse the subject matter.

Technique #4 - 'INFORMATION COLLECTION' -- evidence? This can be applied to any venue -- from letters to the editors in newspapers to Twitter -- and again is more of a node to the diversity of opinion from those predisposed to share their opinions.

Technique #5 - 'ANGER TROLLING' -- no surprise here. The Internet has given birth to those who misbehave online as a hobby. This applies everywhere, and is human nature.

Technique #6 - 'GAINING FULL CONTROL' -- this is the weakest of arguments as the phenomena of those who become moderators tend to post less-and-less has been widely observed on these fora.

Contrivances. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Found this video and had to respond with it. I take back everything I said a few posts ago. Seems we are fighting spambots and agents. What a boring job it must be for those 10's of thousands of fake bloggers? What did you do at work today darling - oh I made fun of people in the comments section of a blog. How pathetic is that. Those fake bloggers must be demoralized.

They won't win because the truth can't be stopped. If you're an agent reading this then get a life you nit wit fakers. I'd rather work in drainage than do what you do. I'd rather be real and telling the truth than fake and gay. Shame one you agents. I hope your geeky colleagues give you a great big wedgie and then post a picture of the office antics on the web for all to see your shame. That'l teach you! Now go and read the bible and get a proper job.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

The information presented is little more than ridiculous dismissive nonsense designed to cast aspersions on any who may disagree with one's theories.

That's just what an agent would say.

You sure do have a lot of stars.

I stand corrected, "agent provocateur"
edit on 13-4-2011 by IndieA because: I stand corrected

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

One could similarly postulate that spreading an irrational dislike of anyone exhibiting opinions contrary to extreme conspiracy suppositions would be a valid tactic of an "agent provocateur" so as to foster an ever-increasing internal atmosphere that would be easy for "outsiders" to ridicule and dismiss.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I should add...

Among the few documented cases of "official" Counter Intelligence Programs, agents have taken on personas that support or provoke those being "infiltrated."

For example, the FBI's well-documented CoIntelPro efforts among the 1970's Los Angles "community groups" literally resulted in the gang wars as a result of the intentional provocation.

With that in mind, "agents" are far more likely to be those who post the most extreme conspiracy theories as the seed-phase of a methodology to track how such theories spread and by whom. Those who "ridicule" such theories are likely just bored "Internet trolls" entertaining themselves.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm not responding to your provocations. Good day sir.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Nice, good list, and I would just like to say that all of those strategies will fail if people are simply informed and not mindless goons, which is why I'm thinking it is a complete waste of time to even think of doing such tactics on a conspiracy website.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

The information presented is little more than ridiculous dismissive nonsense designed to cast aspersions on any who may disagree with one's theories.

You sure do have a lot of stars.

I stand corrected, "agent provocateur"
edit on 13-4-2011 by IndieA because: I stand corrected

Considering he's been a member since 2006, I would expect that he would have a lot of stars. You've only been a member for 2 months....keep posting and you too shall receive stars (if your content and research is good).

Mister Old School, I happen to agree with you on this one, although I wouldn't be able to word my response quite as eloquently! I know we're on a conspiracy site, and perhaps there are disinfo agents intermixed with the population here...but far too many members of this site are so far beyond normal levels of paranoia it actually gets in the way of intelligent conversations.

If someone disagrees with their post/thought/idea/opinion or posts or posts something contradicting their theory you are called an agent or a troll. You are spreading disinfo or fearmongering etc. I've stopped myself from posting on many threads not wanting to get into this silly debate on whether or not I'm part of some alphabet agency just because I happen to have a different opinion.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Very nice thread OP. I always wonder on that one comment, that one comment that makes me want to move on to the next thread, was made on purpose to make me do just that.

Some comments are so irritating to me that it makes me want to move on to the next thread. I wonder if that is the mind game that I have just ate the bait hook line and sinker.

I will now try to skip a few posts and keep reading, because maybe, just maybe it was a tactic to make me move to another topic when all I really had to do is ignore the possible brain ninjas.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Very nice thread OP. I always wonder on that one comment, that one comment that makes me want to move on to the next thread, was made on purpose to make me do just that.

Some comments are so irritating to me that it makes me want to move on to the next thread. I wonder if that is the mind game that I have just ate the bait hook line and sinker.

I will now try to skip a few posts and keep reading, because maybe, just maybe it was a tactic to make me move to another topic when all I really had to do is ignore the possible brain ninjas.

On top of the debunking conspiraces9with no offered validation) I see too many of replies that just disgust, and or are just plain rude for no reason at all. Can't let them win! Hard to ignore, but I do, and focus on the ones that i feel have meaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join