It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip Hop Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Noticed this section is really lacking in hip-hop threads.

To the hip-hop fans on this forum, what do you guys listen to? What are your thoughts on the current state of hiphop? What genres of hip-hop do you prefer?

Personally, I'm disgusted by 90% of mainstream hip-hop, and find myself listen more to 90s and underground hiphop. Guys like Canibus, Elzhi, Ras Kass, Big L, Big Pun, Vakill, Styles P, Joe Budden, Nas, etc.

Some of my favourite hip-hop songs:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, this is embarrassing. A few days ago I didn't see any hip-hop threads on the first page, now its three down below this. Could a mod delete this thread?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I like more of the heavy late 90's early 2000's Twista E-40 X-raided

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I completely agree, Hip Hop has been bastardised beyond recognition and hijacked by mindless MK ultra puppets.

Nice Mos Def selection btw.

Here are my top three tracks..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
well i listin to alot of underground rap like icp, twiztid. a good one is hed p.e. alot of conspiracy raps in there. as for the mainstream
its horrible i cant stand to turn on my radio anymore

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hip-Hop like every other music genre has been incoperated into the corporate controled pop media. It is difficult to find new or current artists that are good for your ears and mind.
I suggest
-Immortal Technique
-Lowkey
-Diabolic
-Saigon
-Dead Prez
-Pharoahe Monch
-Slaughterhouse
-Sabac Red

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Hip-Hop like every other music genre has been incoperated into the corporate controled pop media. It is difficult to find new or current artists that are good for your ears and mind.
I suggest
-Immortal Technique
-Lowkey
-Diabolic
-Saigon
-Dead Prez
-Pharoahe Monch
-Slaughterhouse
-Sabac Red

Good list. Huge fan of IT, Diabolic, Saigon, Dead Prez, Pharoahe Monch, and Slaughterhouse.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SparklingNugs

I might add.
Chamillionaire, Big Boi, B.O.B, Big L, Big Sean, Notorious B.I.G, Biz Markie, Brother Ali, Bun B, Clipse, Common, Curren$y, Cyhi Da Prynce, Dead Prez, Pill, Eminem, Freddie Gibbs, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube, Immortal Technique, J. Cole, Joell Ortiz, K-Os, Killer Mike, Laws, Outkast, Little Brother, Lowkey, Ludacris, Mac Dre, Malcolm and Martin, Nas, Nipsey Hussle, Packfm, Phene, Raekwon, Wu Tang, Sabac Red, Saigon, Scarface, Slaughterhouse, Styles P, The Coup, The Roots, Too Short, Vado, Warren G, Wiz Khalida, Yelawolf, Murs, Big KRIT.

top topics

join