It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic cameras or something else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Definetly big business! The way I see it, these cameras are an easy way to rake in money. I know that here in Ireland there have been new mobile cameras introduced this year that supposedly travel to areas that have had fatal accidents in the past to enforce the speed limits on these stretches of roads. But from many of the stories emerging since they were implemented it seems a lot of them are being placed on roads that are easy-hitters seemingly to take in as much money as possible.
While not everyone agrees with this, some people are starting to take it too far, and 3 of these vans have already been destroyed in arson attacks. The scary thing about this is that the operators of the vans were inside them at the time and were apparently lucky to escape with their lives.
While I agree that there are certain places these cameras are required, I think they should be installed as deterrents and not as a way of making easy money.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
I do not know about Canada but here in the US many of these are put on traffic lights to catch people who run red lights. If you run a red light it snaps a pic of you running the light with your plate number. You receive it via mail with the picture and citation included. Now, a way to beat this...put your tailgate down. If your driving a truck and you keep your tailgate down, your license plate will not be visible.

You can also spray your tag with Clear High Gloss lacquer paint and this will void the photo also....That is why they made people here take off the clear covers last year or get a fine...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
The devices that you may think are cameras are microwave devices that are sold by Midwest Microwave in Saline, Michigan and invented by Judd Nicols to replace the in ground wires that detect vehicles at stop lights. The newer microwave devices are more reliable than the old wires. You'll also note your radar detectors go off more often too.

I know what your talking about, these are cameras with telephoto lenses. They are right next to the microwave xmtrs. The ones one the highways ar the 360domes, though I have been noticing that they are also now installing the cameras on the billboards as well. Your talking about the little black cylinders with a small tube with a 45degree slash cut.

Bill

<< 1  2   >>

join