It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic rapper video will be banned from UK :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here it is :

www.guardian.co.uk...

Freedom of speech, even for the morons ?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't see where it says the video will be banned, but I guess it wouldn't be surprising if it were to be. But at the same time, It's not getting play on television, so I guess it comes down to laws with regard to websites, etc? Who knows

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I've read that on the site I've found this link.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks for that Nans, this was news to me. Though I don't agree (completely) with the video I have to agree with this part of what the man that originally hosted the video had to say:

although I am no expert on rap. I thought it was an excellent attempt to use modern methods to get a message across.'

Western society has many music videos promoting gun culture, greed and the debasement of women among everything else. Is this kind of promotion OK as long as it's us doing it? I hate to see any kind of music censored. Music is the last accessible refuge for those wanting to be heard without any other way of doing it. Governments realise this which is why we've been saturated with manufactured pap since they realised music can galvanise a nation, but thatís a different thread. Anyway, I'd like this to be seen purely to see the reactions afterwards. Because that is what art of any kind is for. Not to tell you how to think, but to make you think. I know thatís never going to happen, and I know the arguments of letting Neo Nazi, KKK, whatever songs on the air waves and the risk of the impressionable young, but when the world is as divided as this on one issue, I think showing the outrage of the young on both sides is valid.

new topics

top topics

join