It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Do Aliens/ET's have governments? im serious. Do they have a leader that they listen to or a leader that governs laws or something like that? has anyone ever wondered if Aliens have any type of government?

I somehow want to think they do and they don't. I would like to think that Alien races have a government or a leader that they report to or listen to. but i also dont think they do because it just seems weird for Aliens to have leaders and governments. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think they do. All groups need someone to make the final decision and be in chargem as not everone will ever be in total agreement.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Well, the reason you can't see them having a leader or anything is probably because of the "leaders" today in our world. Theres nothing wrong with government. Now corrupt government....Thats a problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I see the Universe as a realm of infinite possibilities. If it's possible then it's probable and it probably is so. I would imagine that governments are pretty popular among civilizations at a stage of evolution close to ours. Or some kind of wise council or something. Maybe other advanced civilizations are so self-mastered that they don't need governments, and are responsible and capable enough to govern themselves and help others when needed.

I speculate that world governments are more popular than national governments too, as this is the more obvious and practical form of government.

One thing's for sure, our formS of government on earth are impractical and primitive.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
look at us as a species, look at all the animal species around us.

if aliens exist, its obvious they will have some sort of hierarchy.

regardless of it being like a wolfpack, a bee's hive or a pack of gorillas. there is always governance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
listen dude, if they have the tech to get here, the tech to hide among us, the intelligence to STAY hidden whle we all see them, in videos' uh! Damn! SOMETHING is governing them or we wouldn't be having this question would we?!
Burningbelief!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The question isn't: do aliens have governments?
Its: Do governments have aliens?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Agreed, it really depends on how evolved they are. Even most of the animal kingdom has leaders, and for humans, nearly all civilizations in recorded history have had leaders. So it probably seems more likely to us that other world civilizations would also operate similarly since that is the norm on Earth. But then who knows how normal of a planet Earth is compared to the rest.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm going to have to side with the few above.
if they can travel here, then there's way more to the picture...

I find it hard to believe that people can't even fathom that we haven't been visited much less been integrated...
but that's just me...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think Bush was on thee regime change list for attacking the moon unprovoked.
www.examiner.com...

NASA moon bombing violates space law & may cause conflict with lunar ET/UFO civilizations
Commentary: The planned October 9, 2009 bombing of the moon by a NASA orbiter that will bomb the moon with a 2-ton kinetic weapon to create a 5 mile wide deep crater as an alleged water-seeking and lunar colonization experiment, is contrary to space law prohibiting environmental modification of celestial bodies. The NASA moon bombing, a component of the LCROSS mission, may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency) photos and documents regarding an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon.

If the true intent of the LCROSS mission moon bombing is a hostile act by NASA against known extraterrestrial civilizations and settlements on the moon, then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions, to which the U.S. is subject. The U.N. Outer Space Treaty, which the U.S. has ratified, requires that “ The moon and other celestial bodies shall be used by all States Parties to the Treaty exclusively for peaceful purposes. The establishment of military bases, installations and fortifications, the testing of any type of weapons and the conduct of military manoeuvres on celestial bodies shall be forbidden.” 98 nations have ratified and 125 nations have signed the U.N. Outer Space Treaty.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
there's gotta be some sorta different government out there. the universe is huge.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh, you meant it that way. Well, our leaders all serve the Evil empire and run unequal slave pens here. So, the topic of the thread is true for earth.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I agree with those who think they have some kind of governing body. However i am going to take the other side just for the sake of this thread and spout out some questions.

Could it be that they are so smart and advanced that they govern themselves and dont need a leader to tell them what to do?

They dont need someone to tell them how to build a craft that will make it to earth do they? I mean look at how advanced they are.

One reason i cant see aliens having some type of government is because they are aliens. It just doesnt seem like they need to be governed.

Switching sides.

However, do you really think they would be as advanced and smart as they are if they didnt have some type of heiarchael system governing them? I dont think so.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Do Aliens/ET's have governments? im serious. Do they have a leader that they listen to or a leader that governs laws or something like that? has anyone ever wondered if Aliens have any type of government?

You are asking us hu-mans that reside on the same planet as you who have no concrete evidence whatsoever about the existence of Aliens/ET if indeed they have governments? am I the only one confused by this?

Lets spin it another way, how do you know (personally) that Aliens/ET haven't infiltrated our governments here on earth and we are just the drones/slaves that facilitate their lifestyles?
edit on 12-4-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

You must be confused or you cant read. I also asked if anyone has ever wondered?

Stop playing dumb and get your facts right please.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Look around. There's a lot written about this. You seem new to the subject. So keep looking.

"Aliens" is a huge generality. So that's one thing right there to get straight.

Witnesses, channelers, abductees, researchers report many different alien forms and cultures. Many.
You can even get first-hand knowledge from Sanni Ceto if you want to believe her.

Perhaps the best-known "alien" political structure is the angelic levels mentioned in the Bible and elsewhere. It seems to be a kind of meritocracy.

The Dutch guy who got abducted way back when reported a sort of collective structure that seemed to be a form of technocracy existing on the planet he was shown.

A lot of the cultures I've read about follow a corporate-style technocratic model. There are ruling councils and specialized groups to work on various projects. They have "plans" and "projects" and "missions." It tends towards a military model, perhaps because most of the contacts have been with space fleet personnel and they have a military-like structure on their ships.

From what I have read, the surviving cultures have "solved" the problem of crime, so an overt police function is not seen in these structures. However, on a larger scale we've been told that whole cultures exist that use overt criminal means to attain their political ends. The rest of the cultures seem to have organized to keep such groups under control.

My appraisal is that the crime problem was the biggest threat to the various ancient space-traveling cultures and that they seem to have come up with some sort of psychotronic "solution" to the problem rather than a fully workable rehabilitation method. I think that's why places like Earth exist. This is one of their dumping grounds for "misfits" they failed to "rehabilitate." So we have the best and the worst here, with the old space cultures apparently looking on wondering whether we will survive or blow ourselves up.

edit on 12-4-2011 by l_e_cox because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This is an unanswerable question.
First, you would have to prove that intelligent life exists outside of our own.
Then you would have to prove that they are advanced enough to form societal structures.
Now, assuming you could fill these two requirements and that they were advanced enough to come here, then barring them outright telling us, all we can do is project our own ideals and philosophies on them.
But I like to think Roddenberry had it right.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No one knows for sure but those who think they do say that all planets have a leader or representative in the galactic council.

new topics

top topics

join