It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Libyan Rebels?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I've made 2 or 3 posts including source material in this thread, the earlier posts being more relevant to your question about the bankers. The earlier post sources make for an interesting read, I hope your able to find the time to give them a view.

I'm still asking myself "who are the Libyan rebels". I'm trying to put my finger on what it is about life in Libya - over the time preceeding the current situation - that has driven what appears to be part of the population (and there could be many more waiting out of fear of reprisal) to rise up.

I can see lots of motivation for "some" people outside of Libya to see the back of Gadaffi, but what are the gains for the Libyan people, no more Gadaffi maybe? a less authoritarian state? From what I've read to date the financial cost to the ordinary Libyan could be far more than they have ever imagined.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf

I can see lots of motivation for "some" people outside of Libya to see the back of Gadaffi, but what are the gains for the Libyan people, no more Gadaffi maybe? a less authoritarian state? From what I've read to date the financial cost to the ordinary Libyan could be far more than they have ever imagined.

As far as the 'average' citizen goes, I suspect they are not worried about 'costs. They appear to be fed up with a totalitarian dictator. Is that that difficult to believe?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by ukWolf

As far as the 'average' citizen goes, I suspect they are not worried about 'costs. They appear to be fed up with a totalitarian dictator. Is that that difficult to believe?

In the 1950s Kingdom of Libya solo existed, just because the american government wanted a base in libya but failed because the people in libya had enough of the king that was running Kingdom of libya.

They appear to be fed up with a totalitarian dictator

And the american government isn't a totalitarian dictator for whats it doing to the american people? claiming to have freedom and democracy.

Now back to that point of the kingdom of libya, when libyans had enough of king Idris people wanted more jobs and better improved living conditions and Gadaffi after coup did improve the living conditions of libyans.

en.wikipedia.org...

In its foreign policy, Libya maintained a pro-Western stance and was recognized as belonging to the conservative traditionalist bloc in the League of Arab States (Arab League), of which it became a member in 1953. The same year Libya concluded a twenty-year treaty of friendship and alliance with Britain under which the latter received military bases in exchange for financial and military assistance.

But remember under the rule of king Idris libyans suffered the most under his rule, and now young libyans are been brainwashed into remembering the king Idris by claiming that libya was better under him which isnt the case.

Note the picture the brainwashed libyan is carrying

edit on 25-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
AF forum

The opposition movement, Gates said, is disparate, scattered, with a handful of leaders with their own agenda.
NPR

This is no Solidarnosc movement. The revolt was started in Benghazi on February 15-17th by the group called the National Conference of the Libyan Opposition. The protests had a clear fundamentalist religious motivation, and were convened to commemorate the 2006 Danish cartoons protests, which had been particularly violent in Benghazi.

of foreign fighters who flocked into the killing zones of Iraq to wage war against the “infidels." They came from Saudi Arabia, Syria, Oman, Algeria and other Islamic states. But on a per capita basis, no country sent more young fighters into Iraq to kill Americans than Libya -- and almost all of them came from eastern Libya, the center of the anti-Gaddafi rebellion that the United States and others now have vowed to protect,

Huffo

Does anyone really think we should be defending these rebels who celebrated in the streets on 911?
If the Huff has even questioned it, I find it hard to believe our involvement. I still haven't seen any authorization from Congress let alone a reason why we are there Constitutionally?
Libaya has atatcked none or any allies towards the U.S. i would like to know what the U.S. interests are for this war.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

And the american government isn't a totalitarian dictator for whats it doing to the american people? claiming to have freedom and democracy.

Again with the false dichotomies? I never made any such implication. Not in the slightest. I merely stated that it seems quite obvious and understandable that many people in countries like and including Libya are fed up with being brutalized.

Are you saying you think Gadaffi is a saint? Are you saying that they have no valid reason to be upset with him? Or are you just trying to change the subject?

edit on 25-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

Does anyone really think we should be defending these rebels who celebrated in the streets on 911?

I'm sorry, but the 'evidence' available that these 'same people' celebrated in the streets on 911 is highly speculative, as has been repeatedly noted.

If the Huff has even questioned it, I find it hard to believe our involvement.

Yes, I always base my understanding of geo-politics on guest bloggers featured on the HuffPo.

I still haven't seen any authorization from Congress let alone a reason why we are there Constitutionally?

I guess you are ignoring that the Senate voted to support a UN resolution calling for this exact action? Including most Republicans?

Libaya has atatcked none or any allies towards the U.S. i would like to know what the U.S. interests are for this war.

Well, the US's 'interests' in this war would appear to be connected to their involvement and obligation within the UN. Prior to the UN resolution, politicians from both parties were calling for action. People on the right were asking WHY Obama wasn't doing anything. I find it highly suspect that the very same people are now saying they think it's 'unconstitutional'. It's just typical political pandering. They were for it before they were against it.

And while I share a healthy skepticism towards why the UN is there, but not in Bahrain or Syria, I don't think those are reasons why we SHOULDn"T be in Lybia. I'm just curious why we arent in those places, too.

But when you get down to it, the long-term stability of Lybia is VERY MUCH in the interest of the US, because of energy- and geo-politics which are directly connected to the well-being of our nation and economy. To pretend otherwise is to live in a non-interventionist hole in the ground.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Again with the false dichotomies? I never made any such implication. Not in the slightest. I merely stated that it seems quite obvious and understandable that many people in countries like and including Libya are fed up with being brutalized.

The way i see it,Population of Libya is 6.5 Million. Estimated Rebel forces? up to 5k (highest estimated number published from somewhat "Western reliable sources).

That means that only .077% of the population if they are actually libyans are actually/physically fighting for freedom.

In my view point and the way i see it from these staged footages from the western media, they are trying to draw you in to support the rebels, these footages are trying to show the good side of the rebels, however.

These rebels arent normal Libyans citizens, you know what they are? they are terrorists and private PMC Thugs hired by the american government and the NGO groups who were inside.

Also under a Under a democratic government Libyan people will be crawling for the food and money, just like how the Europeans are now crawling for the money, greece is just an example of what there democracy brought them.

Are you saying you think Gadaffi is a saint?

And you think Obama is a Saint? or maybe NATO is a saint? for what war crimes they have done and will continue to do?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

the national security interest for amercia in libya are its Resources not democracy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

In my view point and the way i see it from these staged footages from the western media, they are trying to draw you in to support the rebels, these footages are trying to show the good side of the rebels, however.

It's an understandable perception. But its one that is just speculation, as are ALL the claims as to the identity of these so-called 'rebels'.

I had the opportunity to speak with a Libyan this weekend at a rally i attended. He had some interestng things to say about this whole 'war', and he was vehemently anti-gadaffi. He seemed very happy about these 'rebels', and shared none of your opinion that they are all CIA stooges. Anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But then, it ALL is at this point, unless you count the unverified accounts from various news sources claiming all kinds of disparate origins.

These rebels arent normal Libyans citizens, you know what they are? they are terrorists and private PMC Thugs hired by the american government and the NGO groups who were inside.

Perhaps. But all that is is an opinion until we have some real evidence, which no one has presented in this thread yet. I'd love to see it. And I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL i you claims were true. But I am not going to accept your opinion as fact.

And you think Obama is a Saint? or maybe NATO is a saint? for what war crimes they have done and will continue to do?

HA! Way to try and veer the subject way off topic. I have said nothing even closely resembling that sentiment. You just trollin, yo.

Your implication further up was that the people of Lybia have no reason to be upset with Gadaffi. Are you unable to support that assertion?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Q&A: Who are the Libyan rebels?

Mustafa Abdul Jalil, a judge from the eastern town of al-Bayida who resigned as justice minister after the uprising began, was named as its leader.

Two other men were tasked with communicating the council’s message to the outside world - Mahmoud Jebril, who had been involved in a project to bring reforms to Libya before the uprising, and Ali Aziz al-Eisawi, who had been Libya’s ambassador to India but was the first among several envoys to resign during the crisis.

A military council under the national council, was set up to co-ordinate security matters, headed by Omar Hariri, who was involved in the 1969 coup that brought Col Gaddafi to power, but was later jailed.

Another key figure on the opposition’s military front is General Abdul Fatah Younis. He was also involved in the 1969 coup and was a seen as an integral part of the regime and close ally of Col. Gaddafi until the uprising wrought bloodshed on Benghazi. He resigned as interior minister around February 20 and used his post as head of Libya’s special forces to support the civilian fighters.

Quoted ATS thread

Nuther Link

Nuther LInk

Scribd Document

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a44fcff63654.png[/atsimg]

The Rebel Website

edit on 4/25/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What resourcesare those? We get very little oil from them?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

little oil from libya? look again

Libya fourth biggest oil producer

Why you think recognized Qatar the rebels? because of the Oil deals.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

little oil from libya? look again

Libya fourth biggest oil producer

Why you think recognized Qatar the rebels? because of the Oil deals.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

How about control of the resource that gives you control over all resources? Currency. If all African and Arab countries adopt the Gold Dinar as currency as Qadaffi wanted, how would the Zionsist bankers control them?
Why do you think one of the first things the "rebels" did was start a central bank? Libya already has a central bank that is controlled by Libya, not world bankers.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad most of you are convinced as to the identity of these 'rebels' Your minds appear made up. That's nice. I'm still waiting for actual evidence. Time will tell, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Libyan Rebels - betrayers of people to Libya

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
reply to post by mugger

How about control of the resource that gives you control over all resources? Currency. If all African and Arab countries adopt the Gold Dinar as currency as Qadaffi wanted, how would the Zionsist bankers control them?
Why do you think one of the first things the "rebels" did was start a central bank? Libya already has a central bank that is controlled by Libya, not world bankers.

Yeah, that is pretty suspect, for sure.

I'm just tired of the opinions dressed as fact, like the post above this one.
edit on 27-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I dunno, but from what I've heard I can sympathize... I mean people fighting against an oppressive regime? I don't know the details... but so far, I feel for the rebels.... gotta read up on it more though...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I think that the rebels are an umbrella group consisting of all those in Libya who want to remove Gaddafi, including the politically progressive, Libyan army defectors, those who've suffered under Gaddafi's regime, and most likely a share of Islamists. I don't think it's accurate to place all Libyan rebels in the one basket; I think the various fighters have various motives and ideals that they are fighting for.

I certainly don't think the rebels are completely 'good', but neither do I think they are as bad as many ATS members make out. In my opinion, the rebels are at least the lesser of two evils. I just hope that the US and it's allies won't take advantage of Gaddafi's fall, but looking at their track record, I think they might.
edit on 28/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: clarification

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

Great post Evanescence, well said
I certainly think it's more complex than some try to make out, one way or another.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join