It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima now a Level 7 emergency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Japan on Tuesday raised the severity rating at the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant to level 7, the most serious on the international scale and the same rating that was given 25 years ago to Chernobyl, as aftershocks close to the facility heighten safety concerns.Experts are not agreed, however, as to the extent of the radiation leaks and whether it can yet be said to be as bad as the 1986 disaster in Ukraine.

well iam no scientist but #en oath its going to be worse then Chernobyl

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Does this really surprise anybody? The whole situation has played out like this. First they lie and understate the situation, and then once the attention of the public is turned away they release bits of the truth. America is already over this, and more worried about American Idol and Kardashians.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
That probably means it's been that way for a week.

It's been this way since the buildings around the reactors blew up - just shortly after the earthquake. ATS threads have been posting this information just following the earthquake. Fuk u shima has been at a level 7 since the first week. The US has been innundated with radioactive fallout since mid March. Watch Gunderson's FaireWinds videos. Nothing has changed from the early days of this disaster. I think sites like ATS have gotten out so much of the REAL information that main stream media is now being forced to tell the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
reply to post by debris765nju

Thank you. Where do you think the contamination will stop? Does it just continue to float around wherever the tides take it?

Radiation has been floating around the Northern Hemisphere since midMarch. Every time it rains or you get heavy fog - the radiation is precipitationg out in the mositure. Hope for a drought - you will be safer. Also millions of pounds of highly radioactive water from the plants has been dumped straight into the Pacific Ocean - the currents will carry it to the west coast of the US in time. Already there is a 500 mile stretch of debris from the Japanese towns washed away by the tsnaumi - it is already starting to arrive on the west coast. Cali, Oregon , Washington and BC will be cleaning up debris off of their beaches for years to come.
Can anyone say FUBAR??

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EVILteddie
Does this really surprise anybody? The whole situation has played out like this. First they lie and understate the situation, and then once the attention of the public is turned away they release bits of the truth. America is already over this, and more worried about American Idol and Kardashians.

What should surprise everyone, especially the people of Japan, is this is a retroactive upgrade of the status at the damaged Fukushima nuclear plant.

This move to a level 7 is based on information on the release of radiation in the early time of this crisis, not the current actual status or recent releases.

In other words, they lied from the beginning about the severity of the situation and now want to correct that error weeks later.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EVILteddie

could you give some numbers as to how many americans ARE WORRIED about american idol and the K's??...a couple thousand mouth breathers might...i say might, think about them more then 5 minutes of their lives on any given day.
geez...i don't know of anybody BEING WORRIED about some TV show people.
even with what's going on over in japan, and everywhere else, people can't set around 24 hours a day and worry about all these disasters.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by midwest
We finally did it. We killed the earth. Are you morons happy?

Every night before I go to bed, I think "Things couldn't possibly get any worse."

Then I wake up the next day...are we being systematically demoralized? I'm usually a fairly happy person. I have a wife who loves me, a decent family, am well fed and educated. But lately I just haven't felt like doing anything, I sleep often, am somewhat irritable, and feel very cynical about the world and where we are headed. Anyone else experience this shift in the past month or so?

I felt the same way the first couple of weeks following the quake. I knew when the building around the plant exploded that Earth would never be the same again. I never believed what I heard on main stream media. They NEVER give you the whole truth - or even any truth. Don't ever rely on MSM again.
I'm an old hippie and everything I do is based around being outside in nature growing organic vegetables on 25 acres on top of a mountain out in the woods - far away from the crowded urban centers. Fuc u shima has destroyed everything I love.
But after my depression started to go away - I remembered my old hippie days when we fought against war. . fought for civil rights. . .women's rights. . and brought a war based on a lie to an end. We can't give up. Find your fighting spirit and stand up. Talk to everyone you know about what we're facing. Knowledge is power. We WILL find a way out of this!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Expecting headlines soon of "LEVEL 40 ON THE FUKU SCALE"
Good grief. Thankful I have ATS to come to to keep abreast of these things.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Hell I knew that two days after this started, It was pretty obvious when the roof blew off the one reactor. They can blow smoke up someone else's rear but not mine. They havent even come close to doing anything remotely good to seal the reactors yet. Its not hard!!!! drop lead blocks in the dam things and that will seal the tops of them quickly while also cooling them.

Thousands of nuclear engineers and/or professionals have been feverishly working all day and night for an entire month straight, looking for a resolution to this absolute catastrophe. You've honestly got the audacity to say, "It's easy, just toss some lead on it?"

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A tsunami hit a nuclear power plant...

with a lot of nuclear waste exposed...

seems pretty clear that the waste will burn out everything for a few hundred years.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
U2 "Tokyo" Electric Co

If I get enough response I am more than willing 2 confirm the above information!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by galacticgirl

Can anyone say FUBAR??

March 11 SNAFU...March 12....TARFU....March 14...........FUBAR!!!!!!
There I said it.

Now they are admitting the FUBAR that many of us knew when the lid on #3 blew a mile in the air with a brown mushroom cloud on March 14 Japan time. The one that contained MOX no less.

How could it be any thing but FUBAR from then on. I still don't think any real info is forthcoming from media sources. The only info we will get is incremental increases in the tics on our DPM counters if we are lucky enough to have one. Check the rainfall, the milk, the fish, the leafy greens, the water filters if you have them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stringycheeseman
If you want a detailed depiction of the circumstances surrounding Chernobyl, watch this documentary. I have posted it before, but I think people should be informed on this. Learn from the past since the past does repeat itself.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

There was 1200 tonnes of reactor material in the meltdown at Chernobyl, at the Fukushima plant there is 700 tonnes in one reactor. Times this by 6 means there are potentially 4,200 tonnes of material that could meltdown. Not to mention they also have hundreds of tonnes of weapons grade material there. If it goes hot, the US is done, as the trade winds will carry all of it westward.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Every night before I go to bed, I think "Things couldn't possibly get any worse."

Then I wake up the next day...are we being systematically demoralized? I'm usually a fairly happy person. I have a wife who loves me, a decent family, am well fed and educated. But lately I just haven't felt like doing anything, I sleep often, am somewhat irritable, and feel very cynical about the world and where we are headed. Anyone else experience this shift in the past month or so?

See my avatar...

The truth hurts, but if more good people like you awaken to the evil menace that rules are world, we can save ourselves and future generations.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When I read about the upgrade I turned on the TV and thoughtit would be all over non stop as they do but nothing really.

As I sit here something has just come on and they made nothing of it and the segment was very short they are acting as if it is meaningless.

People need to write in to the news agencies and let them know they aren't really being fair and balanced on this.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Every night before I go to bed, I think "Things couldn't possibly get any worse." Then I wake up the next day...are we being systematically demoralized? I'm usually a fairly happy person. I have a wife who loves me, a decent family, am well fed and educated. But lately I just haven't felt like doing anything, I sleep often, am somewhat irritable, and feel very cynical about the world and where we are headed. Anyone else experience this shift in the past month or so?

You are not the only one.
I think a lot of us feel like this lately... I feel a sense of unrest and uneasiness going on in the world today.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stringycheeseman

Surely something this bad needs a 24/7 hour news special.... this is downplayed and needs much more attention.... the public need to know the truth on this one.... we live here and need to know.

People are just getting on with their daily routines, worrying about paying the bills!!
edit on 12-4-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What? You mean to tell me something that alternative news has been saying since day one has been admitted on MSM and now its true? Gosh.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Someone in Japan finally as a Geiger counter up on Radiationnetwork.com Readings are lower than where I'm at! The problem with that is it won't detect actual particles or which isotopes are in the area.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Common, almost all of us knew that we have been lied to from the bèginning, that we are actually being roasted by radiation but it is being avoided tolet us know. As soon as we start to feel it, they will invent some new desease with a weird name. Common now! We all know the game. Why do we always have to pretend, we are suprised?
edit on 12-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join