It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you fight sucide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleLL

hey sounds like how I feel sometimes, though i haven't tried suicide or self mutilation but have thought about suicide numerous times. Personally I would not take any medication, but that is a personal choice (have read about the pharmaceutical industry and therefore I don't consider that a good choice) . On the other hand one of my friends went through a depression and got on some medication and as far as I know he is doing better but still has his ups and downs . As for me I find that writing some poetry is a sort of self treatment , sometimes I write something very gloomy and dark, other times I try to write something positive, all in all that helps me , and from there I have started to play guitar and have found that doing something to distract you from your thoughts, is very helpful in dealing with issues that your mind makes you ponder about.

reason 1 because you need to focus on something else like learning chords and when you can do that you start to want to try and make some music for your self. 2 when that succeeds you get a sort of satisfaction of having achieved something . 3 great to pass the time . I am not a great singer but some studies claim that singing heals your soul or spirit which ever you like. For me I feel better after doing it . Also see if you can locate others who have gone through the same problems It might be easier to talk to them than let's say family and friends , as they know what it is like .

One of my problems have been that my old friends got interests and a different mind set than myself , so I found other friends with a more like mind, admittedly not that many as I also have problems socializing and sometimes feel the need to escape or hide however you want to put it. For me it comes down to this : your mind is a battlefield and only you can win that war inside.

to do this make a list of what you would like to do, then make a list of your problems third write down all the good things that your are grateful to have family roof over your head, friends , maybe your talents . Lastly try finding substitutes for all the bad thoughts and the need to cut yourself or thinking about suicide, like playing an instrument , painting, drawing, singing, writing thereby instead of needing to cut yourself or commit suicide, you create something with your own being and as such become something rather than disappearing. Learning new things always helps to broaden the horizon. I found that helping others or just to simply smile can take the edge of and make you chill .

Finally life is a game and full of obstacles , if you can throw away your life or try doing so as you seem to have , then take some chances, try socializing even though you might want to run away , find a hobby/passion just do something different to create a change and take it from there, just as you have written on this forum you get new advice from different people and that in itself is a start, what I have written about may not be what you need , but one can always try right ? To master Yourself is better than paying others to ease the pain with drugs IMO look at all the animals they don't need medication to function right so why should you ? this is my opinion and I must point out that only you know what you need. If you really wish for drugs to help and feels it's the only way, then by all means do so, then try what I have suggested and then get of the med's later in life . All the best now and forever ... Never give up the fight to do that is to lose yourself . Look around you everything is amazing if you look at it from the right angle. write me back if you need clarification on something I have written or whatever or Pm me, your choice, otherwise hope that you solve your puzzle Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
OP I need an update...

How's it going ?

<< 1  2   >>

join