I kid because I love.
But seriously, respect for what you do not understand is never a bad idea, and when it comes to "evil spirits", discretion is the better part of
Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
However, if in the course of your experiments you start to experience more than just amusing locomotion of the planchette, I advise extreme caution.
The Ouija board can serve as a focus, but it offers no isolation or protection.
Think of it like a motorcycle: fast and fun until you run into something.
Things to be wary of:
- Feelings of being disconnected from your surroundings
- Movement on the periphery of your vision
- Strange and unexplained sounds or worse, whispers or voices
- Foreign thoughts or thinking, especially "disturbing" ones
- Spelling of words that clearly show malicious intent
- Appearance of shadows where shadows should not be
I like to joke a lot about Ouija boards, but some of the side effects are deadly serious. I personally know people who have reported one, more or even
all of the symptoms above, along with other potentially even more disturbing events taking place long after they stopped using the board. So please,
be careful out there.
In some neighborhoods, it's best to keep the doors locked.
Oh, and one more important word of advice regarding Ouija boards:
Don't believe everything you read.
Good advice in general, but especially pertinent to Ouija boards.