It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic alarm clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I recently purchased an atomic alarm clock. It's one of those clocks that automatically sets itself and adjusts to daylight savings time. Receiving its signal from Colorado, I believe. The strange think is that my dreams have been really vivid and strange lately. Also, I wake up with songs stuck in my head that I don't even like or listen to. I believe it to be this alarm clock that is enhancing or manipulating my dreams as this started about the same time. I will unplug it for a while to test my theory. Anybody else have an atomic alarm clock?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It sounds like the reactor is overheating,take two iodine tablets and call me in the morning.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

It's not from Japan is it? Sorry I'm in one of those moods!

But it does send/receive signals which have been documented to create effects in hypersensitive people.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Interesting. This morning I woke up with a huge headache and a country song that repeated over and over like in a loop. I don't even know who the artists is. "Going through the BIg D and don't mean Dallas" That is all I know of the whole song from this morning. Drilled into my head.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
I recently purchased an atomic alarm clock. It's one of those clocks that automatically sets itself and adjusts to daylight savings time. Receiving its signal from Colorado, I believe. The strange think is that my dreams have been really vivid and strange lately. Also, I wake up with songs stuck in my head that I don't even like or listen to. I believe it to be this alarm clock that is enhancing or manipulating my dreams as this started about the same time. I will unplug it for a while to test my theory. Anybody else have an atomic alarm clock?

Erm... I'm not sure this is a joke? You are aware that "atomic" clocks are not, in fact, atomic? They set themselves by radio signal with one of the 200 or so atomic timeservers (which are not even themselves, contrary to what one might imagine, nuclear)....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
my father recieved an atomic watch back in the 80's. It gave time all around the world. It had an alarm on it also. I cannot think of all the features it had. I believe it had a compass and some kind of turn dial around the outside of the watch. It had a built in light and several buttons on it, electrically internally. I remember a dot that blinked. I should know this, i got in trouble for playing with it when i was young. I cannot remember where it went. have to search the old house i guess, i have a good idea where it is. Maybe i should find it and look at it again, now that i'm alot older. curious now.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Of course. It receives signals from Colorado, I believe, where it is kept calibrated with the correct time from some actual atomic clock. I'm wondering if this signal can affect sleep patterns/ or dream state.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Oh. OK. I guess I misunderstood.

So seriously, then, the signal in question is 60khz. I did a lengthy Google-hunt on any known human effects of this frequency. Found literally nothing.

Just for comparison, brainwaves (delta, theta, alpha, beta, and gamma) are in the 1-10hz range--many thousands of times lower in frequency.

By the way, I did find a Youtube video of what the WWV signal from Ft. Collins sounds like:

This is what WWVB sounds like
edit on 11-4-2011 by Ex_CT2 because: ETA: Well, obviously I don't know how to embed a Youtube video. Try this www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join