It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Claims He Didn't Know About 'Operation Fast and Furious'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I had no idea about this operation myself until today. I came across the article accidentally. I thought it was intriguing as it shows a brazen attempt at deflection of responsibility.

Under fire for an operation that allowed smuggling of U.S. weapons across the nation’s border with Mexico, President Obama said in an interview that neither he nor Attorney General Eric Holder authorized the controversial “Operation Fast and Furious.” The Mexican government has complained that it didn’t know about the U.S. operation that allowed guns to illegally cross the southwestern border so they could track the weapons. Obama told Univision‘s Jorge Ramos that President Felipe Calderon wasn’t informed of the operation because he — the president of the United States — wasn’t informed either.

nation.foxnews.com...

Now in this whole debacle we have a supposed operation that allowed thousands of weapons to be purchased in the United States and then be transported into Mexico unimpeded as law enforcement watched it all transpire. Now there is evidence that the weapons have been used to kill several U.S. agents and countless civilians. Who here thinks this whole thing stinks so far?

A CBS article in which the author attempts to uncover who knew what is very telling.

"Well first of all I did not authorize it. Eric Holder the Attorney General did not authorize it. He's been very clear that our policy is to catch gun runners and put 'em into jail," Mr. Obama said of the controversial ATF operation called "Fast and Furious." "You were not even informed about it?" asked Univision reporter Jorge Ramos. "Absolutely not," said Mr. Obama. "There may be a situation here which a serious mistake was made and if that's the case then we'll find out and well hold somebody accountable." But who? In an exclusive interview with CBS News, the lead ATF official in Mexico at the time Darren Gil says somebody in the Justice Department did know about the case. Gil says his supervisor at ATF's Washington D.C. headquarters told him point-blank the operation was approved even higher than ATF Director Kenneth Melson.

www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - Federal agent John Dodson says what he was asked to do was beyond belief. He was intentionally letting guns go to Mexico? "Yes ma'am," Dodson told CBS News. "The agency was." An Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms senior agent assigned to the Phoenix office in 2010, Dodson's job is to stop gun trafficking across the border. Instead, he says he was ordered to sit by and watch it happen. Investigators call the tactic letting guns "walk." In this case, walking into the hands of criminals who would use them in Mexico and the United States.

www.cbsnews.com...

Now we have to ask ourselves if this was allowed to go down so as to maintain a level of violence that keeps everyone guessing as to what really is going on. I believe that those weapons were given to the cartels and criminals by someone with a vested interest in maintaining a level of chaos on our borders.

Just try to grasp what the above articles are laying out for a moment. Now take a look at this article from January of this year.

U.S. warns Mexican cartels on cross-border violence

The Obama administration has been under intense pressure to beef up security along the southwest border to prevent spillover from raging drug cartel violence in Mexico as well as to stem an influx of illegal immigrants. "So today I say to the cartels: Don't even think about bringing your violence and tactics across this border," Napolitano told an audience at the University of Texas at El Paso. "You will be met by an overwhelming response. And we're going to continue to work with our partners in Mexico to dismantle and defeat you," she said.

Well maybe there just wasn't enough violence to justify the one billion dollar Boeing contract that was started in 2006 and then recently thrown in the trash because it was always over budget. They since started a new project, no details, with proven technologies.

President Barack Obama ordered some 1,200 National Guard troops to the southwest border last year, and also signed a $600 million bill to fund 1,500 new Border Patrol agents, customs inspectors and law enforcement officials. Napolitano said the administration had also strengthened its partnership with Mexico as well as state, local and tribal authorities on the nearly 2,000-mile-(3,200 km-) long border. However, border enforcement efforts have faced setbacks. Earlier this month, Napolitano pulled the plug on a troubled "virtual fence" project meant to better guard stretches of the international boundary. The project, begun in 2006 and run by Boeing Co at a cost of about $1 billion, was designe

www.reuters.com...

What better way to justify an enormous cash flow like this. Where contracts are honored and paid way above budget and then tossed out to be replaced by another one to the next corporation? Stoke the coals. Keep them armed.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thats because the president doesn't run this country. Ask him whats in Area 51. His answer will tell you who does run this country.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It all sounds like lies, lies and more lies to me. If holder didn't know about it then he should resign. I am sure anybody who knows anything about it will or are already pushing up daisies by now.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The president of mexico, calderone got up and adressed the US congress and painted the lie created by the BTAF as the truth of the way it is a year ago...
to justify unilateral anti gun action against the peeps.

I don't believe for an instant that Obama, or any of them, didn't know
edit on 11-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Other questions to ask for a similar result:

"Why did you win the nobel peace prize"?
"Why are we in 3 wars"?
"What is your definition of 'change'?"
"Where is this alleged "Economic Recovery" hiding out?...In Middle Eastern caves with Bin Laden?"
"When did we make the switch from a 'Republic of the people, by the people for the people', to a lawless, criminally insane monarchy?"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Obama doesn't know much about anything, he's a salesman.

PS: No offense to salesmen or women

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Imagine is the president knew everything.

that would be noteworthy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

You know, it's funny because I began remembering how Obama had no idea that his very own Air Force One was taken out for a joy ride accompanied by a couple of F-18's. It was flown low and slow over New York.

President Obama Claims He Didn’t Know Air Force One Was Going To Fly Over Ground Zero

americaswatchtower.com...

Imagine his surprise when he was sitting down watching the news.

"Hey doesn't that plane look familiar?"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
CIA doesn't report to anyone and they're always the ones running the show.
Obamas not being paid to know anything, hes only there to keep the focus elsewhere while the fleecing of america continues and its time for his replacement

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its nice too see the CIA touches base with president time to time

i almsot bet obama knew of it..he's covering is arse, naturally. now the question is..what are you going to do about it obama..stop it or let the guns and murdering continue*

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This mite make his peeps mad but he was on vacation. Really I would like to see how many days he has earned our tax money and how many he has been on vacation.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Stupid Americans! How else can the President say that all the drug and human traffickers are using Americans sold weapons without them being in Mexico? The case had to be built first....
Oops- cats out of the bag, too bad liberals are too stupid to care about such details...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The president of mexico, calderone got up and adressed the US congress and painted the lie created by the BTAF as the truth of the way it is a year ago...
to justify unilateral anti gun action against the peeps.

I don't believe for an instant that Obama, or any of them, didn't know
edit on 11-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
Response to President Calderon from Mr. McClintock from Cali: www.youtube.com... lol need I say more?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

The truth is that the Intelligence Agencies, the CIA but not limited to the CIA but elements of the FBI, NSA, DEA, ICE, and others have grown so powerful and secretive under the Homeland Security Act and Foreign Intelligence Services Act (FISA) they really have become a separate government unto themselves.

Only a few select members of Congress know how much money they are being given, and only some of their operations and just limited bits of their operation.

It would not surprise me if Obama is often kept out of the loop himself as being ‘irrelevant’ to their processes and ability to carry things out.

We have a real problem on our hands in that the Pentagon and 40% of the military budget are secret and likewise have little civilian political oversight.

It’s largely assumed by conspiracy theorists that these agencies and divisions of government are really under control of the Shadow Government the corporate oligarchs and elites otherwise known as the Powers that Be.

No one who should be in control of our government and it’s most expensive and violent appendages is in control of them, and that includes the people, the congress and the President.

The egg isn’t just on the President’s face but in reality all of our faces on this one, because while one man the President is not likely capable of reigning in these powerful bankers and military industrialists and the agencies of government that they have corrupted, taken over and secretly run, and the Congress and Senate numbering only 600 individuals with only the very same agencies to police these agencies as the ones that need policing it is going to be up to 400 million Americans to eventually take our country back or watch it utterly bankrupted and run into the ground beyond repair by these shadowy out of control organizations dedicated to war and violence.

Great find Jackflap, star and flag.

edit on 11/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatewaywithin

PS: No offense to salesmen or women

really we all are. even with a group of friends, deciding what movie to see. we sell our ideas, try to present the best case. the person that sells it best, gets the most reception, gets to see the movie they want. we sell our viewpoints & opinions to each other all the time.

difference with the Obama, he's a fertilizer salesman

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your whole post makes a lot of sense to me. I came across this video of an ATF whistleblower about the operation. Check it out.

edit on 11-4-2011 by jackflap because: video tag

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Weeelll, he may not know anything else, but he knows what's best for the American people MUCH better than we do (/snark...just in case)

ROFL Large Fries! Quote of the day!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Wow it almost leaves me speechless watching that video in part because it actually took an American Law Enforcement Agent getting killed with one of those weapons before anyone had a crisis of concious.

Next we get to the fact that the superiors of these men would actually say things like do you want to go make only 30K a year working as a corrections officer, if you don't think this is 'fun'.

What kind of morally bankrupt people do we have in authority in our government when fun is sewing the seeds of death and mayhem in the nation that borders us by giving .50 calibre rifles with rounds that could chew through a bullet proof car or vest like butter to violent drug trafficers.

Now here is where it gets absurd, how do you as a US Law Enforcement Agency identify the balistics of murder weapons in Mexico to know that they are your weapons, and more importantly how does just the fact that you know it's your weapon lead to knowing who the shooters are and how the heck do you apprehend them.

So in reality the whole thing had to simply be a smoke screen for the CIA supplying the drug cartels with weapons to both create instability in Mexico and likely to ensure their portion of the profits off of the drug smuggling the CIA has long been alledged to have a hand in, to in part fund it's own off the books operations with no Congressional and Presidential Oversight and in part feed the War on Drug Security and Prison Complex in the United States with an endless supply of offenders by making sure drugs do get in the country so there can be offenders.

This shows a decay and corruption in the system so systemic so profound, so deeply rooted as to be obscene.

Yet amazingly embroiled in three wars now, a bankrupt treasury, record unemployment, radiation from Japan showing up in food in America now who is actually going to land on this crisis and do anything about it.

We see yet one more smoke screen a Republican Senator likely tied to the very same Powers that Be and CIA that ordered this operation in charge of the investigation sadly shrugging his shoulders telling us how frustrated he is that he can't the ATF to release the documents.

It's a comedy of Orwellian errors so obvious and even as the media uncovers it for it a rare change, in the end what they are reporting is no one in our government who should have power to get to the bottom of it and punish it does, and they (the media) aren't going to push that.

Better buy a Made in China American Flag if you don't already have one, at this rate they will soon be a collectors item once the nation is out of business.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I havent seen an accurate estimate of the amount of guns tat made ot south on the wings of the BATFs idiotic policy, but if the nuumbers add substantially, id look for a payoff at a high level, because the investigation of the walking guns seems rather spotty....
Almost like somebody high up was paid off to let this look like a sting, but sh&t can any real investigation.
Wheres all the tracking material of the guns let go south?
There should be a thick file of data there as a result of this policy no?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nothing to see here..
Just the usual false flag and our corrupt leaders making money at the same time..

Problem,reaction,solution....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join