It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Event in Europe, 1583

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I found this medieval spanish text, describing a great event thet took place in 1583 in Europe and seems it envolved many countries. It's written in a very old version of spanish language, very hard to translate so better read it guys . I promise you will find it interesting.

TRANSLATION :

Admirable Judgment of God and great fright about very terrible and frightful signals of the sky occurred in Flandres, in Villa de Malines, who is in the Duchy of Brabant. They were prodigious events in conjunction of May of year 1583.

Printed with license of its Excellence. City of Valencia, house of Joan Navarro.

ILLUSTRE SIR

Considering the great and admirable signals that every day occur in the region of ayre, especially in the towns or places of unfaithful Turks and among another incredulous people, where before it has been shown us and disclosed what some malignant ones have by lie, however things that can occur, to God nothing impossible, whom allows these things and has by good to let them happen, because He amend us of our vices and sins, that are great and innumerable, and that we do not cause wrath to its divine Majesty against us, not having account of amend our lives, but only in following our wild appetite. And to be so blind, we do not think that such things can occur in the Earth.

Then listen what these last days its divine omnipotence has allowed in the land of Flandres, that has come a storm from thunders, lightning, stormy rays and winds with water and mixed stone, never, never seen so horrible and frightful, and mainly in the town of Malines, the conjunction of May, and has been so strong for them, plus the surrounding places of Bravant, Aynaut, Selanda, Olanda (Holland?), and have felt it to Yrlanda (Ireland?), so that we cannot say that it was particular for Malines, but universal for all these provinces and county of Flandres, because of being Anveres to quatro leagues of Malines, only to hear about it cause terrible fright.

This that I say was between the ten and eleven of the day, and lasted by space of many hours, as it consists by relation of worthy people of faith who were in that one time in the surrounding towns, and have notified this admirable case of much damage saying that the storm began by the Samporta (that is what they say), where ay very powerful and strong a tower, in which the great military ammunition was stored, among others 400 powder barrels. This tower was hurt by a terrible ray from the sky, that put great terror and fright to all the of the town, whom thought that was the end of the world, because soon after this many houses and squares of the area were destroyed and infinite people died, that was a sad thing to see, a great fire and of so many deaths, never seen or heard before until now.

And was so great damage that has not been stone on stone, as much degree that the foundations of this Samporta Tower were lifted away, with other many main houses which they have been destroyed, which are the following:
- The house of Carlos Emperor fifth has been absolutely destroyed, and the suburbs of certain part of the town.

- Church of Saint Peter, has been absolutely destroyed.
- The house of madam Daisy, mostly destroyed.
- In the house of the Lombardos it has not been stone on stone.
- The house of the greater mail, or Master of slugs, with all the horses that were in the stables.
- Bernardine Square also has been destroyed.
- The cloister of the Augustinos, destroyed.
- The main street (that they call Volcastre) absolutely destroyed.
- The house of Hochstratin absolutely of demolished.

By number of seven hundred houses of individuals are all ruined. The following day, passed the storm, died people were by number of 300, between men, women and children, without the wounded, who in amount exceeded to the dead. Was necessary to make great holes to bury them. One hundred and fifty wounded men were in the hospital.

Another day occurred that in one inn named of the Croes owned by a man called Bernat Ofdans, in which men came to eat and to play, found great number of died men, with cards in their hands, and others with the dices, and others with cups in the hand. It was a thing of great admiration that no one survived, except a host that at that one moment went downstairs to the warehouse to get more wine, and because the warehouse was very low, or by the will of God, not him died.

Three days later came out a man from a cave, in which he was hidden by fear of the storm. This man, before this, was famous by man of good brain, and now is with judgment is lost by the great fright that took; thinking the world was finished.

For being a remarkable thing, I will not forget to write what follows, and is that while the storm was more in its fury, a woman close to the window, were entered a great heavy rainfall and hail, her head was separated from the body.

Other many horrible things I could write, and would be impossible to tell how much bad they are. To see a man without arms, the other without legs and to others with many wounds. And what admires me more is a woman they found dead of pure fright, being pregnant, they opened her belly and they found the alive creature in her, they baptized him and soon he died.

We request the omnipotent God that by its divine mercy keeps us far from similar terror and punishment, and that does not watch our sins that they are great and gives true knowledge to us so that we repent and we finish in his service.
AMEN.

Source : parnaseo.uv.es...
edit on 11-4-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Love finds like this - will be interesting to deconstruct it and discover what/where/who he's talking about.

Obviously it's written after the reign of Charles the Fifth (Carlos V) who reigned 1500 - 1558 - although it mentions his house being destroyed.

I shall be reading and rereading this with interest - thanks for the find! Looking forward to everyone else's observations

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow, that sounds like one mega storm!!!

People decapitated and ripped limb from limb by gigantic hailstones(?) and houses (not made of stone on stone) totally destroyed! Scary stuff! No wonder that one who took shelter in a cave lost his mind!

Interestingly, just twenty years prior saw the 16th Century 'Nuremberg Sky Battle'; one of the earliest recorded sightings of UFOs en masse. I have to wonder if there was a connection...!

Great find.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This that I say was between the ten and eleven of the day, and lasted by space of many hours, as it consists by relation of worthy people of faith who were in that one time in the surrounding towns, and have notified this admirable case of much damage saying that the storm began by the Samporta (that is what they say), where ay very powerful and strong a tower, in which the great military ammunition was stored, among others 400 powder barrels. This tower was hurt by a terrible ray from the sky, that put great terror and fright to all the of the town, whom thought that was the end of the world, because soon after this many houses and squares of the area were destroyed and infinite people died, that was a sad thing to see, a great fire and of so many deaths, never seen or heard before until now.

I think the attack on the ammunition tower was deliberate. At that time everything was made of stone and stone is an electrical insulator. It doesn't conduct electricity. So it must have been a special sort of ray for it to make the tower "hurt" so as to fright the population. I think we are talking about a "Independence Day" style ray. Like the one that destroy the skyscraper in New York.

I say terrorist extraterrestrials who get the kick by terrorising other life forms around the universe. In other words Universal Extraterrestrial Terrorists. Faith: Unknown.

Very cool read man!

edit on 11-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Serious lightning hit the thatch or wood roof is my guess.
Then the ensuing fire burned the town?
Who knows?
But a neat find none the less.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Jepic

Serious lightning hit the thatch or wood roof is my guess.
Then the ensuing fire burned the town?
Who knows?
But a neat find none the less.

That would have been my conclusion aswell untill I read about the lady watching the storm by the window beind decapitated?? Possibly a decent Hurrican ripped through aswell as the lightning storm, lots of flying loose debree could have cause the dis-membered bodies.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Im guessing its the medievil people experiencing "climate change". In the text it seems as if most of the building and people had not experience any kind of forces from mother nature of this magnitude.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wait a minute, this death sounds instantaneosly

Another day occurred that in one inn named of the Croes owned by a man called Bernat Ofdans, in which men came to eat and to play, found great number of died men, with cards in their hands, and others with the dices, and others with cups in the hand. It was a thing of great admiration that no one survived, except a host that at that one moment went downstairs to the warehouse to get more wine, and because the warehouse was very low, or by the will of God, not him died.

as if they didn't even know it was happening... excellent find

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Damage sounds like an EF4 tornado... (they usually carry a large hail core as well in the super cell system).
Also, lots of lightning... Tornadoes are rare there I expect, so they probably didn't know what it was fully.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Maybe the Muslims at that time felt threatened by the christians,
and asked the help of the hindu's vimanas using a vajra.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

I see you are in New Zealand. Did you notice the name "Selanda" in the text ?

plus the surrounding places of Bravant, Aynaut, Selanda, Olanda (Holland?), and have felt it to Yrlanda (Ireland?),

I'm not sure, but I think it could means Zealand.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

Kind of, notice it was so big it covered many countries. No Haarp in those days.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Damage sounds like an EF4 tornado... (they usually carry a large hail core as well in the super cell system).
Also, lots of lightning... Tornadoes are rare there I expect, so they probably didn't know what it was fully.

I think tornadoes were part of thi mega storm too, but not only that.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by MoorfNZ

I see you are in New Zealand. Did you notice the name "Selanda" in the text ?

plus the surrounding places of Bravant, Aynaut, Selanda, Olanda (Holland?), and have felt it to Yrlanda (Ireland?),

I'm not sure, but I think it could means Zealand.

I think it's Zeeland in the Netherlands (Holland)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

It is Zeeland in The Netherlands indeed.

The other places mentioned:

Yrlanda = Ireland
Flandres = Flanders (BE)
Olanda = Holland (NL)
Malines = Mechelen (BE)
Bravant = Brabant (BE)
Aynaut = Hainaut/Henegouwen (BE)
Anveres = Antwerp (BE)

It's an interesting excerpt, thanks for the translation.

At first glance there's nothing to be found in the local history of named cities/areas.
I'll take a look around, but have never heard of this, and I live in the middle of where it supposedly happened. But yes, it's been a while.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ok so how much damage could 400 hundred kegs of power cause? It almost seems like a large explosion happened as it was very fast, as people were caught sitting around playing cards and still had cards in hand when they died?

I am thinking a storm came through and lighting hit the tower where the kegs of powered were stored and there was a hugh explosion leveling some buildings killing people that were in the blast area, then the fires lasted for hours etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I can't believe no one else has said this yet?, can't believe I'm gunna say it, but what if this is an early recording of a nuclear explosion. Maybe the ray made it happen some how.

Maybe the illuminati did something weird? Were they around at this time?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I need to start writing like that.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
From what I can tell,it,s located in what is now belgium,and it was ruled by the Spanish kings from 1556 to1659.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by warlok

Yes it is, I just checked a map of Europe in the 1500's.

new topics

top topics

join