It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the most scary Yoga Video I have ever seen.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That is definitely some creepy stuff, lol. If you guys want to see a whole archive of stuff like that, check out the site www.everythingisterrible.com. It's who made the video (EDIT: sorry, it's not WHO made the video, its who found it and posted it, lol had to be sure to get that right). They post 100's of video's like that. That's whose name you see at the end of the youtube vid. They have ton's of this kind of stuff. You will be entertained for hours.
edit on 12-4-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The whole thing was a little weird, but I didnt see anything altogether shocking about it, apart from the guys face that is.
Still for now I'll carry on doing some yogo with my toddler

I'm sure our illustrious ATS'ers can make some wonderful assumptions about that too.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Talk about moral panic... either that, or someone's stuck up and fixated on sexuality.

Either way, gave me a laught at least.

This thread is akin to this:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
It seems an highly pitiful and miserable yoga program with useless verbiage. A better introduction for kids to what yoga really is would be "The synthesis of Yoga" by Sri Aurobindo. Never underestimate their intelligence.

Thanks for the book reference, I found it on scribd and it appears to be the full version. Now to find time to read it.

www.scribd.com...

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Okey, just watched the video, finally losing the urge to beat the (bleep) out of scarry/creepy looking man and rooster. What is the problem with that guys face? he looks to be at least a hundred in some clips.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I found the "waybuloo yoga" clip at least serene and informative as to where the postures originated, loved the crystals on the sundial. Almost seem like Teletubbie knock offs.

Having grown up with Kareen Zebroff, Lilia Folan, Jack Lalane and Bonnie Pruden for TV exercise programs, not to mention children's shows like Captain Kangaroo, The Friendly Giant, Chez Helen, Mr. Dressup, Romper Room, Bozo (the original) and yes even Mr. Roger's, there seemed to be a much calmer and relaxed atmosphere around children's television. And yes, I will take it on the chin here, after Sesame Street came to be (and I watched that one too) through my stint providing day care for my nieces and nephews, everything seemed to be traveling in fast forward all the time. Are we saying that kids today have too short of an attention span to be entertained by dialogue and story lines. Sorry, touch of a rant but this is why I've avoided watching too much TV in the past decade plus.

Its a sad era to lose, just my humble opinion.
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This video might be edited, but 2:16 is still really strange lol.
Entertaining though. Btw, I realize there is some editing during that part.

I have a feeling if you were to watch this show unedited, it would still be at least one third as weird. This guy seems like he dropped a little too much blotter back in the day.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by gatewaywithin
reply to post by Iwinder

I will not watch the video, but it sounds like another sick person abusing an art to get off.

People already think yoga is against their religion as if yoga is a religion.
Far as children I have none myself but would not want to be a parent today for the reason is I would be unreasonable when it comes to my kids.

Freinds, teachers janitor bus drivers, instructors gym teachers, dds, doctors, eye examiners, preschool teachers, priests, religious instructors, baby sitters, neighbors, uncles, other kids, sometimes other siblings if there older even spouse can be a potential abuser. You have to know beyond 100% and me Id make the child keep eye contact with me and tell me they are not being touched by athority figures anyone left alone with my kid. Straight in the eye. Kids can't lie.

I agree with you there that everything has such a fine line, and you dare not cross it or else. But it is not only when children are involved, we repeatedly have meetings and seminars on what is appropriate in the workforce. And the infraction does not even need to directed towards a specific person, as two employees could be having a private conversation and if someone overhears a snip-it of what is being said and takes offense to it all "7734" breaks loose and there are meetings and followups and mentoring and all manner of administrative red tape involved. We are a society that walks on egg-shells.

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonMan
I'm a high level yoga teacher and honestly other than a 'unique' style of presentation there was nothing in anyway wrong with how he touched those children, it shows how far down the paranoid road we have gone to see anything less than innocent in this.

It might look unusual to someone who doesn't know anything about yoga or movement, but those are everyday yoga poses and adjustments.

Is all touching wrong now?

Thanks for your response, and if you check one of my earlier posts I did say that not everything he did was wrong. I understand that making adjustments and ensuring the correct alignment, especially for safety reasons and to reduce the risk of injury, is important. But there seemed to be little actual instruction given (granted how much can you get in a clip). Would really like to see the entire video, because if the whole thing is just a bunch of jumping around and a few postures it really doesn't project a great image of yoga.

YG

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by YogaGinns

It seems an highly pitiful and miserable yoga program with useless verbiage. A better introduction for kids to what yoga really is would be "The synthesis of Yoga" by Sri Aurobindo. Never underestimate their intelligence.

Thanks for the book reference, I found it on scribd and it appears to be the full version. Now to find time to read it.

YogaGinns

I don't know about Scribd but you can find the full version here and if you become addicted, you can find almost all Sri Aurobindo's writings here.

I usually recommend people to read The Life Divine, The Synthesis of Yoga and Savitri. Savitri is about the past, present and future of mankind (my bible).

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
the comments on the youtube video are priceless!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah
The dude's name is Max Thomas and he is one of the most esteemed yogis in California. He has worked with children before, in Los Angeles, and imho if he was a pedo, one of those lawyer-happy rich white LA women would have taken him through the cleaners by now, with much press about it, and he would most likely be in prison.

Apparently the guy also gave free yoga classes to HIV patients and schizophrenic teenagers at UCLA Medical Center.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonMan
I'm a high level yoga teacher and honestly other than a 'unique' style of presentation there was nothing in anyway wrong with how he touched those children, it shows how far down the paranoid road we have gone to see anything less than innocent in this.

It might look unusual to someone who doesn't know anything about yoga or movement, but those are everyday yoga poses and adjustments.

Is all touching wrong now?

Yes, you are right about the poses all being everyday asanas, and his adjustments were all accurate and well executed. My objection is they Sesame Streeted it to make it appealing to kids. The hugs were a bit more touchy-feely than I would want from him. It just is a different world now. TSA is way more invasive.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by YogaGinns

YogaGinns

I don't know about Scribd but you can find the full version here and if you become addicted, you can find almost all Sri Aurobindo's writings here.

I usually recommend people to read The Life Divine, The Synthesis of Yoga and Savitri. Savitri is about the past, present and future of mankind (my bible).

Thank you for the sites, I will look into all three, and possibly order them. I'm a tad old fashioned about books, its worth the risk of a paper cut to have the real deal in hand.

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Being the father of 5 kids I have zero tolerance for creepy pedophile types and I have an strong aversion to anything related to Yoga, vegans, or tree-huggers, but I honestly couldn't see anything that screamed PEDO in this video.
I am not the touchy feely type and am certainly not inclined to hug other peoples children, but Just because others are does not make them pedophiles.

I agree this is a weird video but not because it hinted of anything nasty.

edit on 4/13/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Thanks for your input especially you being a parent, now its been awhile since we posted on this thread and how does stuff like this

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tie into the original post on this thread?

Nobody saw a damn thing for over 50 years?......all was good?

Makes my blood boil.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join