It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roach That Failed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
In 1979, the police in Schenectady, N.Y., responded to a complaint about a barking dog. When they arrived, however, they found cockroaches streaming from the windows of a two-family home, raining down from trees and darting into the street. Inside, roaches had plastered every wall like stucco and had left bites all over a 64-year-old woman and her 24 dogs, which, it turned out, had been barking for good reason. The swarm comprised approximately one million German cockroaches, perhaps the largest household infestation ever recorded.

john

www.goupstate.com.../20040725/ZNYT04/407250398/1051/NEWS01

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It happened in 1979, and its just now coming out? Good find

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is weird, but I have to tell my story here.

Back in 1986 my husband was station in Hawaii we were living in the base housing when one morning on a Saturday my husband got out of the house to get something in the store, when he came back, he surprised me because he was trying to get in the house trough the back door, when I opened the back door he said to me, Marg I don't want to scare you but the front of the house is full with roaches climbing the walls outside, I though he was joking so I got my shoes and went around the house from the back.

To my surprised I found some of the neighbors standing in the front of the house and some people even in cars were stopped looking, what I saw is still hunting me to this day.

My entire front door and the wall (it was a two floors base house) was covered with hundreds of roaches they were coming from the sewage in from of the house.

The MPS, the officer of the Day and the housing officer came to the house, they evacuated us from the house for a week and the fire truck hose the entire house outside and then the entire unit of four houses were evacuated and fumigated.

Until this day we don't have a clue as why that happened to the house and why the roaches were acting strange. We went back to the house and everything was fine until we moved out 1 year later.

new topics

join