It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay away from the milk, I guess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just made some coffee, put in a little milk as usual. Sat outside and started checking some different news sites to see what is going on today, and came across the following headline:

"Radiation levels in local milk in Hilo, Hawaii from at least three products of Fukushima have been as high as 600 times the max allowable dosage."

Spit out my coffee.

The headline linked to this site:

opendata.socrata.com...

Looks like a lot of cesium has made it to Hawaii. Though I am in no way an expert, this can not be a positive sign. You can play around on that site a bit, maybe find some other information. Perhaps someone will be along to say that this is no big deal, I don't know. I think I'll stop drinking coffee now.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The thing that I'm having a problem with, is that if the milk is contaminated, so is the grass, the other grains, the beef, the other meats, fruits, vegies, etc......

I don't know how we can avoid it. Especially if they cannot stop the spewing of radiation of multiple sorts.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i came across that too, although the numbers correspond to only 6 times the limit not 600, as 3 pci/l is the limit for the Iodine, not sure about the cesium though...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
The thing that I'm having a problem with, is that if the milk is contaminated, so is the grass, the other grains, the beef, the other meats, fruits, vegies, etc......

I don't know how we can avoid it. Especially if they cannot stop the spewing of radiation of multiple sorts.

Good point. If it is in the milk, must be in other things as well. Like you say, no good way to avoid it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In many future science fiction stories, everyone is living in south america....i never really wondered why.....

what if these authors were slightly prophetic,

Because the only way to get away from this radiation (for now) would be to move to the southern hemisphere

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The thing that I'm having a problem with, is that if the milk is contaminated, so is the grass, the other grains, the beef, the other meats, fruits, vegies, etc

Can't speak for HI but in several states testing is already being done for grass, some veggies, strawberries etc..

and they are positive tests

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'd like to think that we can adapt to the new radiation levels, and simply become walking night lights.

But then reality kicks in.......

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

when did you purchase your milk, did you get it fresh from the cow this morning? I'd doubt the levels in the milk you have in your home at the moment are that high.

also, if you're worried about it switch to non dairy creamer...its disgusting but its better than no coffee

edit on 11-4-2011 by onyx718 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join