It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wonder If This Might Just Happen ??? Can Kid's Display the Ability of Premonition Through Play ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hi all,
Had what I feel was a strange moment with my daughter this evening, please bare with me and I shall explain

During the course of an imaginary play session my 4 year old daughter announced she was off to America, please would I do up her coat for her, so I did, and off she went to play. 10 minutes later was bedtime, so I said "Did you have a nice time in America ?" she replied "It was South America, and there was a bad man on the aeroplane, and the plane blew up and crashed . "

Now the reason I have brought this up at all, and in the predictions thread is that although my daughter hasn't ever predicted anything as far as I am aware to date, this type of play scenario is very unusual for her, as it is very dark imaginary play for her, and certainly never has she ever brought a bad person into the equation, mind you that said she has never thought to travel so far from home before playing this scenario out either, and at times she was saying America, and other times South America. I asked her where this all came from, and she said her imagination. Could this come to pass ?

Now I know it may be absolutely nothing, and she may well have a fantastically fertile imagination, but what if ? what if maybe this might happen ? It probably is nothing, so don't flame me for exploiting my daughter's experience, but I thought it highly unusaual play for her, and that maybe just maybe it could be a branch out into a scenario that could become reality.

So now over to you, any of you have kids who through the course of play, or even dissucssion somehow displayed predictive, or insight into future events, that came to fruition ? Were they centered around their immediate world ? Or were they something bigger ?

Interested to hear about your experiences

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
question her on more about it
2nd

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Are these places that you talk about with your daughter? Do you guys study geography or anything? Does she watch a lot of TV that could include international destinations and/or has she experienced national/international news detailing such events?

If none of these scenarios are present, then this is truly fascinating and a little scary all in the same. I hope there are other parents who can share similar situations so we can delve further into this.

Thanks for sharing. I don't see this as an exploit.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Yeah I did question her at quite a length when she talked about it, I asked if her Imaginary friend Lucy was playing with ther too, but she said Lucy was alseep, and when I asked her about it she kind of shrugged her shoulders, and she didn't know, just I (she) imagined it.

I know for a fact she hasn't been exposed to any media about such a scenario, and there hasn't been any news reports of anything of this nature occuring recently.

I think I got her at the best time to talk about it too, as it had just been played out, if I go back and ask her again, it might not be quite so reliable, as to be precisely how she played it out at the time

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Hi thanks for your post.

She is aware of other countries yes, and she has an older brother who is 8, and at the moment we talk a lot about Japan, her Dad used to travel a bit in his job, but doesn't anymore, and doesn't live with us anymore, however she has never been interested in her play being any futher than the park, or to work at an office, leaving me to babysit the dollies may I add lol.

She has never used a plane, never travelled to another county, let alone country, which is why I felt it unusual, but yeah she is aware of their being other countries

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by freakjive

Hi thanks for your post.

She is aware of other countries yes, and she has an older brother who is 8, and at the moment we talk a lot about Japan, her Dad used to travel a bit in his job, but doesn't anymore, and doesn't live with us anymore, however she has never been interested in her play being any futher than the park, or to work at an office, leaving me to babysit the dollies may I add lol.

She has never used a plane, never travelled to another county, let alone country, which is why I felt it unusual, but yeah she is aware of their being other countries
well being on this fourm you must be intrested in some topic perhaps you and your husband descus all this crazy stuff in fromt of her giving her ideas?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I wonder that all the time when my kid comes up with something crazy. He is almost 4. I really don't know where he gets it from but I guess he just pays more attention to everything than I thought. I have thought about turning off public radio while he is in my car because of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Yeah I swear with each generation these kids just get smarter, whether its all down to exposure, (one could argue over exposure), who knows, but there is a positive, with the ever changeable times we live in constantly accelerating, perhaps it is a necessary progression, and so long as the kids are balanced, when you think of how simple life used to be, I'm sure if we took these kids back in time they would probably find it hard to cope, and vice versa bringing kids from the past into the present day.

The only constant in the world is change, success is measured by how well we adapt

My daughter can start up, shut down the pc, and navigate internet explorer via favourites, once she learns how to spell I reckon I'm in trouble lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

The "husband" you refer to was never my husband, and we haven't been together since she was about two and a half, needless to say nobody disscusses this kind of thing around her, I live alone with her and her elder brother, who is eight, yes I have an awareness that children can be surprising, I have to say I have never talked about any of these things with my kids, as that would be leading, plus actually neither of my children have ever really been what I would call Sixth sense kind of kids.

So in anwser to your remote uninformed opinion, I'm afraid quite the opposite is the true, but I appreciate what your trying to suggest

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by tamenie

The "husband" you refer to was never my husband, and we haven't been together since she was about two and a half, needless to say nobody disscusses this kind of thing around her, I live alone with her and her elder brother, who is eight, yes I have an awareness that children can be surprising, I have to say I have never talked about any of these things with my kids, as that would be leading, plus actually neither of my children have ever really been what I would call Sixth sense kind of kids.

So in anwser to your remote uninformed opinion, I'm afraid quite the opposite is the true, but I appreciate what your trying to suggest

sorry haha kinda jumped the gun there

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Thats alright, we all make assumptions from time to time

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi solargeddon

Just thought that you might be interested in reading the following thread, if you haven't seen it already that is. This one is about a prediction made by a three-year old and it kinda struck me when I read it and has stuck in my mind ever since.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace
J
edit on 14-4-2011 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Thanks for the thread link

Very interesting, almost sounds like Japan. I know from experience that prophetic dreams/daydreams usually don't play out as they occur, but there is always an element to them which comes to fruition, the trick is knowing which part, and there in lies the problem, picking which element you are being given advanced information of.

Of course it could also be construened as making the precognition fit the facts.

Interestingly my duaghter hasn't really played an imagination game since having played this one, which is very normal for her, the fact that she played the game in the first instance is the anomoly lol.

Really glad you showed me the other thread thanks again

edit on 14-4-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join