It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to raise Fukushima crisis level to worst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here we go..........maybe another tjernobyl????

The Japanese government's nuclear safety agency has decided to raise the crisis level of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant accident from 5 to 7, the worst on the international scale.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency made the decision on Monday. It says the damaged facilities have been releasing a massive amount of radioactive substances, which are posing a threat to human health and the environment over a wide area.

The agency used the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale, or INES, to gauge the level. The scale was designed by an international group of experts to indicate the significance of nuclear events with ratings of 0 to 7.

On March 18th, one week after the massive quake, the agency declared the Fukushima trouble a level 5 incident, the same as the accident at Three Mile Island in the United States in 1979.

Level 7 has formerly only been applied to the Chernobyl accident in the former Soviet Union in 1986 when hundreds of thousands of terabecquerels of radioactive iodine-131 were released into the air. One terabecquerel is one trillion becquerels.

The agency believes the cumulative amount from the Fukushima plant is less than that from Chernobyl.

Officials from the agency and the Nuclear Safety Commission will hold a news conference on Tuesday morning to explain the change of evaluation.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 05:47 +0900 (JST)

.www3.nhk.or.jp...
edit on 11-4-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I honestly think that it was already at a 7 and they only Hid it tell it got worse.. Japan is toast sadly the only way to save them now would be to move there whole country some where else.. its really a sad thing but the whole Island of japan is going to GLOW with radiation..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
when will people on here start posting their own work or "quote" as your supposed to do???
Its really annoying seeing people copy and paste a load of text from other sources....but fail to mention thats what they did

Type any paragraph into google and you will see what i mean

edit on 11-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Right now I am angry
. It's been a long long time we ALL knew the fact that the alert level was 7 and it's only now it comes up
Man I say lies lies LIES AND EVEN MORE THAN WE KNOW!
(ultra huge emphasis added). This mess has to stop because SHTF and for real. The worst of it is the badest hasn't come yet. We will see a phenomenon on a global scale so we're not out of the wood.

It may sound pessimism but dam, we have to put our eyes out of the straw and start to see how bad it truly is around the globe. The more we do, the better it will be.

Wishing you all the greatest luck for the months to come ATSers,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The spelling is "Chernobyl"

2nd line

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I hate to see it get raised up more! America is where it's mostly going not to mention the rest of the world. Why can't I get an answer about what this it is going to do to America what will it be like here in one year two years twenty years anyone know? At some point will we have to move out of the northern hemisphere or will it be like mad max or what?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I hope that today's aftershock didn't complicate the situation, forcing their hand to raise the level.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

You now what i mean??? I think the worst is yet to come for the poor people of Japan. But i think the whole world gonna feel and see the effect of this disaster.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The spelling is "Chernobyl"

or tjernobyl
Depending on where you are from..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Forget about 20 years. Something big is preparing and we will be experiencing massive changes before two decades trust me

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck

You now what i mean??? I think the worst is yet to come for the poor people of Japan. But i think the whole world gonna feel and see the effect of this disaster.

well if the wind direction starts blowing to the southwest, millions of japanese will be radiated. with russia refusing those 20 japanese cars....you'll have to take a meter with you when you go to toyota, honda, acura, nissan, susuki...and don't forget all the electronics coming over....i bet this gets little play in the MSM, if any.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think Tjernobyl go's in the shadow from the nuclear disaster from Japan. Only noing what they have stored ther??? And what we don't now of???? They hiding to much for ther own people and the world. And now we waiting for a answer that isn't there!!! How do you solv something like that???? Prayers??????

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

"Right at this moment, we are still trying to control this accident, and the nuclear reactors are not stable yet," Nishiyama said. "We are dealing with all our might and resources and try to minimize the impact of the radiation to the people around this nuclear plant."

How can you control something like this, and you raise your level from 5 to 7. That wil say that you lost control of it???

More: edition.cnn.com...

top topics

join