It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Asteroid" Following Earth In Orbit For Last 250,000 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Add this to the list of "asteroid" close calls for this year.

www.arm.ac.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This has been posted about 6 times so far.. Sorry, not ttrying to sound like an ass.

ATS thread

edit on 11-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What does this have to do with Ailens / UFOs?
Or do you not think this is an asteroid

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
yeah here are a couple links to the other posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for the new search feature

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Before this thread gets the boot do you guys think this would be a good asteroid for NASA to land on like obama wants?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if its been posted before because this is the first i've heard of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sorry, I had looked around and didn't see any previous posts.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

Makes you wonder if it just an asteroid or not. Following Earth for 250,000 years?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

Just what I was thinking...

and I don't see anywhere that says we had a "close call" with this asteroid either

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Makes you wonder if it just an asteroid or not. Following Earth for 250,000 years?

Why would aliens want to follow earth for 250,000 years, and why in an orbit that would take them away from earth for much of the time?

It makes no sense...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

First, a lesson: Always be wary of what learned astronomers and astrophyicist tell you about the motions of bodies in space. Unlike with UFOs where the officials can deny, explain away and ignore typical sightings, objects in space are there to be seen by all that care to look and those require a plasible explanation that conforms to conventionality and arouses no suspicions from the masses.

A few minutes ago I had almost completed a post in this very window that explained how that computer- predicted orbit for this asteroid should be taken with a grain of salt. The explanation of having taken 250,000 years to develop into its highly mysterious orbit is completely bogus. They put a solution into the computer and asked it to create a reason.

That answer settled nothing but gave a nice, comfortable feeling to one and all. Ahah! Nature at work again, pure Nature, not an alien in sight.

You know, they could have drawn the same conclusions about the Apollo spacecraft sling-shoting around the Moon if they were a bit vague in the data thay used and wanted a natural explanation.

As I said, a few minutes ago I had a decent argument under construction (none of the above). Windows erased it in a blink and left this blank that I have not this time done justice to.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

top topics

join