It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Telescopes Join Forces to Observe Unprecedented Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just found this on NASA website and i thought to share it:

NASA's Swift, Hubble Space Telescope and Chandra X-ray Observatory have teamed up to study one of the most puzzling cosmic blasts yet observed. More than a week later, high-energy radiation continues to brighten and fade from its location.

NASA

NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory completed this four-hour exposure of GRB 110328A on April 4. The center of the X-ray source corresponds to the very center of the host galaxy imaged by Hubble (red cross).

GRB 110328A has repeatedly flared in the days following its discovery by Swift. This plot shows the brightness changes recorded by Swift's X-ray Telescope.

This is a visible-light image of GRB 110328A's host galaxy (arrow) taken on April 4 by the Hubble Space Telescope's Wide Field Camera 3. The galaxy is 3.8 billion light-years away.

Images from Swift's Ultraviolet/Optical (white, purple) and X-ray telescopes (yellow and red) were combined in this view of GRB 110328A. The blast was detected only in X-rays, which were collected over a 3.4-hour period on March 28.

This is the first time that something like that is observed
edit on 11-4-2011 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I posted about this the other day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty crazy! I have never seen anything like it!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I Dont know what to make of this.
On a different note, Dont you just think its mind boggling to think that its taken almost 4 billion years for that galaxies light to get here. The Dinosaurs were still nothing more than a twinkle in the earths eye then, and we are now seeing what it looked like then.
I need a rest.

Back on topic, i have no idea what the rays are. Fascinating though, will look into it more

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Sorry, i searched but i didn't find anything.
I was so excited when i read it,that i propably missed it

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What if it's a Signal ?

(no pun intended)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Trust me just look through my threads and see how many I have posted that were posted before me... it depends on what people put in the title, I usually try and put the article title on my threads but your source was NASA and mines was space.com its easily done...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CreepiePastaSauce66

Mind boggling indeed . I've never been able to wrap my head around that type of thinking .

Imagine if our technology were able to find an inhabited planet , 4 billion light years away . and we were able to take pics of day-to-day activities of intelligent beings on that planet . How weird would that be , being able to watch 'live' , while it actually was taking place 4 billion years in the past .

That hurts my head , I need to go smoke one .

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

is the second picture an actual photograph?? it looks like a giant tunnel so beautiful....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
question?....if we are able to "see" this...then the cosmic rays are hitting earth now, what effects, if any, have been measured or detected? are the "effects" causing changes in atmosphere conditions, magnetic shifts, tetonic plate movements?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just think we could be watching 4 billion year old t.v movies when it gets closer.

yup.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just the remenants of an intergalactic ET war, probaly an Alien superweapon.

Move along.

Seriously though why not? If this has never been observed before i have a good a chance of being right just like everyone else.

Thats why i love science

You can dream up wild theories untill you have enough evidence to base a hypothesis on

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
kinda made me think what this galaxy is at our point of time.

could they possibly have a civilization as advanced or more then us and have a telescope pointed in our direction only to see that we don't even exist to them yet? or could they be witnessing a similar catastrophic event taking place that happened in our galaxy 3.8 billion years ago?

it is hard to imagine the distance

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

A safe distance from an exploding black hole potential star often sited by most scientific literature is between 50 and 100 light years, I think I recall Michio Kaku state 25 light years is a safe distance. Mysel I enjoy Phil Plait's views on these things (outside of his new TV show), and he mentions this in his Bad Astronomy blog.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It sure looks like a second sun to me, I could be wrong

It is a very find op, I t doesn't fit the Niburu?Planet X profile

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
wow that second picture is really wild, makes me think "the new jerusalem coming down"
that or
an alien planet zapper firing up

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
It sure looks like a second sun to me, I could be wrong

It is a very find op, I t doesn't fit the Niburu?Planet X profile

I was thinking about that,what if some people misunderstood this or similar events as Nibiru?
Nibiru pictures are usually a red dot in space,similar to the second picture or the NASA boys found a way to cover up planet x
.Imagine the hysteria and panic if this becomes visible with a naked eye. I know it's something that i would love to see.

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Just the remenants of an intergalactic ET war, probaly an Alien superweapon.

Move along.

Seriously though why not? If this has never been observed before i have a good a chance of being right just like everyone else.

Thats why i love science

You can dream up wild theories untill you have enough evidence to base a hypothesis on

A death star perhaps?

Wild theories is my field of expertise,unfortunatelly i'm not a scientist so for now they remain theories.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
/humor on

Any similarity to the 'Eye of Sauron' is purely coincidental...

/humor off

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
question?....if we are able to "see" this...then the cosmic rays are hitting earth now, what effects, if any, have been measured or detected? are the "effects" causing changes in atmosphere conditions, magnetic shifts, tetonic plate movements?

did you go to grade 5 science? it is 4billion lightyears away, there is NO WAY it is going to affect us.
------------
also how the # could this be a second sun? I mean are you guys just flat out retarded? seriously the lack of knowledge among many ATS users is atrocious
edit on 14-4-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join