It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Better Place Than Here? What Better Time Than Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am posting this under "War on Terrorism", as I believe our US government are world terrorists. Mods, move if you feel necessary, but I feel this is appropriate. Also, I believe solutions should be a forum topic in itself.

We all know the problems. While we may disagree on certain issues that do not matter in the scheme of things, if there is one concept we can all rally around it is Human Rights. The terrorists in office, those fighting in unjust wars overseas, and those within our borders enforcing laws which go against our Constitutional Rights must be stopped. What's the answer? What's the solution? Please, give your input. These are my thoughts.

Violence...not the answer. To storm DC with guns and homemade explosives, while perhaps self-indulging, would change nothing at all, and only result in genocide. Violence is the most primitive form of revolution we could attempt, and this is not a primitive world, despite what we may see on MSM.

Collaboration. Uniting as a group for one cause frequently occurs but is often fizzled out because of certain disagreements held by the masses. Human Rights, I believe, is something we can all rally behind. This idea of individual freedom could unite gays and Christians, Muslims and Jews, black and whites, etc. We have all been perpetrated against and we can all make a change.

So, how to assemble? I am a Bible believing person, and anytime I think of a revolution I think back to Jericho. Troops marched around the walls of this persecuting citiy blowing trumpets and singing. God did the rest. Now, whether or not you believe in a Divine Creator is irrelevant. What's important is a peaceful revolution. I recently read about people being arrested outside of the White House for protesting without a permit. I propose, arrest us all! There's a difference between being unlawful and breaking the law.

Taxes...this is a tough one. However, I again think of The Bible and Jesus on the stance. When asked the question about paying unjust taxes, he asked his disciples to look at the coin which displayed Caesar and said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's". I think that to withhold taxes is impractical.

Economies...We can start smaller economies. We need to reunite into smaller communities. Granted, in our present state, it's very difficult to fully escape from this "global economy", but start to share, trade, barter with your nearby neighbors.

Vote....Independent only. Republicans and Democrats have got to go. Jesse Ventura recently stated he would only run with Ron Paul as VP if Paul ran as an independent. Please vote. Even if you feel it makes no difference (as I do), but vote independent.

And most importantly...TALK!!! Talk about things that matter to our lives, our kids, our freedoms, and our Human Rights. Talk to strangers. Talk to your family. Talk to your friends. TPTB want nothing more than for all of us to sit in our box indulging in nonsense while they corrupt the World to a mindless planet. This cannot happen.

Please give your own solutions, resolutions, and revolution ideas. This isn't about you or me, but about how to stop the corruption we see in all areas of this deteriorating planet. I'll look forward to your ideas.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A little something for your education.

A most interesting lecture by Jeff Nyquist on the Russian roots of al-Qaida.

www.theinteramerican.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Great OP!

I was contemplating this recently. Originally, we were given the right to bear arms as a protection against a corrupt government:

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear
arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in
government."

Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950)

However, this does not seem to be a viable option today unless the US Military is on your side.

As a result, I concluded that probably the best way to impact the US government today is by hacking in to their systems and shutting them down. They have become quite reliant on their technology. Granted, business could and would still be conducted without the benefit of technology, but it would make an impact and send a message.

However, I am not the person to do that. Besides, the people that do hack in to the government seem to end up working for the government to keep others from doing the same.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

Technology is huge...you might be on to something. I think about the movie V for Vendetta and how blowing up Parliament was somewhat of a symbol. I'm not saying we should demolish buildings, but to send a message to the masses saying the time is now. Stand up NOW, for this is the only chance we may get.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I dunno if i would write about hacking the government or blowing up their buildings in an open forum.
The best solution is to stop participating.
Grow your own food, live within your means.
Living simple does not mean austerity either, i am a prime example.
I generate some of my own power, soon to be more and someday i would love to be fully off grid.
I still have my share of fun.
We don't need the newest trinket when they come out, the reason we put so much of our sweat into our trinkets is we want to be better than the next guy, that is really a dumb thing but it is what we have been sold.
Pull all of your money out of banks, let them feel the sting of no cash flow.
Remember the gumment cannot tax what you do not have.
But let's not speak overtly of things that should not be spoken of period.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

To clarify...I am in no way even thinking about violence, blowing up bombs, or hacking anything. And actually, you're right on. Living off the grid is my new goal. I spent a lot of time debating what I wanted to pursue in life. What I came up with is freedom. To live on a farm is the freest I think I would feel, although true freedom is something not attainable on this planet.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yep already on my way, my revolution is...
Solar and wind for power so i will not have an electric bill
My own well so i do not pay the water district for my water, and i avoid their fluoride too.
My own septic system so i do not pay their sewage tax.
I will recycle what i can and my dogs or goats will eat the rest, some will go into the fire pit.
(Note: I do not have goats yet.)
I can garden and raise chickens for food and even barter some of that.
Some food items i will buy but i have a retirement, i'm cool with that.
All of this on about 2 acres of land with a cozy little low or no tax home will be fine.
I do not need a mansion to be happy.
So in the end i will still have to pay property tax....on what i "own"... but it will be totally liveable.
Now i can survive without their cash but "they" cannot, one will fall.
But i will be on the righteous side.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm curious, do you already have this set up? If so, I would love for you to share your approximate location. In all seriousness, I live on Maui and love it, but, I am looking into moving back to the Mainland to set something like this up. From my research I've found that somewhere in the location of Southern Tennessee could be ideal conditions for this way of living. Too expensive in Hawaii. Property tax is the lack of freedom I as well have come to realize I must surrender to.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm a nanotech believing person ,,,there are unknowns everywhere and now here you are food for
these higher up the food chain yuppies
check out thier condo's
www.1minpages.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I do have some of my apparatus i run on some solar and i was a plumber by trade so i understand alot of construction.
I have not found the land yet, i am looking for the best bargain i can.
But i do prep and have gotten heavily into preserving in the past say 2 years.
I have always been a diy type guy though so...
Little by little when i have enough cash i buy the next piece of my little puzzle, but someday i should have the full thing together.
I cannot do this idea where i currently live as by law i have to be hooked up to all of the tax generating apparatus water, sewer, garbage...Etc. plus the tax on my current home is a bit more than i would care to pay for something that i "OWN".
Someday...That's my revolution, to spill the blood of their cash!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Best of luck to us both in our search for freedom. Cheers!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Sounds like my place - septic, well ,solar, wind, catchment water (irrigation) - and a "homestead exemption" that nets my annual tax down to less than $1000 per year (fixed for life as I am also disabled). Six acres fenced and locked, no inspectors or other "official" extortionists allowed - the biggest problem is that it's Texas - rednecked as heck and "conservative" as hell!

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

I've looked into Texas for my self. Question...Do you get enough rainfall to sustain, and, doesn't the heat make any farming conditions very difficult?

new topics

top topics

join