It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amsterdam? Russia to open marijuana retail chain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The first store to sell marijuana will appear in Russia in Nizhny Novgorod. However, it is not going to sell the psychotropic substance to everyone. Persons under 18 years of age will not be allowed to purchase this product, and pregnant women will not be able to enter the store either. The opening is planned for June. At the moment, the store chain management is holding negotiations with suppliers.

It has been decided to open a network of similar stores later in Moscow, Irkutsk and Samara.

It will be recalled that, as of December 2010, it is allowed by law to sell marijuana in Russia. The State Duma approved the project to distribute the psychotropic substances for medical purposes. Marijuana is also known as an anesthetic, antiepileptic, anticonvulsive, and antiemetic medicine.

www.newsbcm.com...

Good thing i have family here! HA. Although it seems that this doesn't have much in the article, this is big news! I was reading on another site with this link that this might be a way to increase tourism, and i bet it will!
I wonder who else will follow? Surely not the USA >:|
Wish there was more detail on this though.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Now that's something I did not expect to see, but man in all that cold, I hope it will bring some joy and put some smiles on peoples faces

Look out for the next new strain, Siberian Snow Bud

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Excellent news!

Might have to take a trip to Russia soon.. =)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great, one more country that has seen sense. I hope that more countries will follow The Netherlands' and Russia's lead and end this ridiculous war on drugs

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Seems like freedom is breaking out everywhere

But here

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Russia needs to get its population sober,not stoned instead of drunk.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Sorry , I did not mean to "promote" anything.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Treespeaker because: Opps on the rules sorry

edit on 11-4-2011 by Treespeaker because: Just wanted to say...first infraction 500pts?? ouch

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
**Please Remember**

The Alt. Substances forum is not a place for "stoner" talk. Discussion about use or advocacy is strictly forbidden.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Avtomat Kalashnikova

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hehe not much to talk about when we can't promote it, but it is good news for Russia!
I really think this is a tourist plot. Anyways i am so restricted to say anything xD

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Russia needs to get its population sober,not stoned instead of drunk.

This might help with that, mix the two, and you're sleeping it off faster.

It's also a good replacement for anti-depressents, and pain medication, with less side effects. It would be good if more countries followed their lead, but unfortunately, the big pharma corporations don't want people taking something other than what they dole out, at ridiculous prices.

It should not still be illegal, only controlled. It's so much safer than many pharmaceuticals.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Hmm I'm not sure this is true at all. The only reference I can find to it are exact copies of the same story and I can't find anything that suggest the laws in Russian are any different then most other places

Possession of up to 6 grams (dry weight) of cannabis or 2 grams of hashish is punishable by fine. Possession of more than this amount is punishable by prison term

wiki

I guess the laws might have changed though

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Anttyk47

Hmm I'm not sure this is true at all. The only reference I can find to it are exact copies of the same story and I can't find anything that suggest the laws in Russian are any different then most other places

Possession of up to 6 grams (dry weight) of cannabis or 2 grams of hashish is punishable by fine. Possession of more than this amount is punishable by prison term

wiki

I guess the laws might have changed though

I did the same thing as well, found exactally what you found. Hopefully if it's true we will see the results in December

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Not too sure if this falls under the drug 'promotion', but:

Marijuana in Treating Drug and Alcohol Addiction

Marijuana Could be an Exit Drug

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
thats interesting, here's just a bit of info in relation to religion and earth

In 1980 the Hebrew University in Israel confirmed Sula Benet's interpretation of Kaneh Bosm (kineboisin) as hemp blossoms..Benet's work is an example that cannabis use has a long culturally important history, and that the criminalization and demonization of cannabis is a recent invention en.wikipedia.org...

It is clear that qeneh bosem was common among the biblical Hebrews not only for the Holy Anointing Oil as indicated above, but also for other material uses including clothing, rope, linen, etc.en.wikipedia.org...(etymology)

As opposed to cotton, which accounts for nearly 25 percent of the world's pesticide use in order to grow it, hemp requires no pesticides or agricultural chemicals in order to thrive. It is an entirely non-toxic, renewable resource that actually helps to suppress weeds and regenerate soil naturally. It is a favorite among farmers who use it as a rotation crop. www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
not that I am advocating the use of illegal drugs here, but I'm #in moving to Russia,

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just had to add a post, cause I thought it ironic that another thread I have been reading with far worse material is presently on and this one was "censored".

This is "on topic" as I wonder if it is specifically because this is about a country ie)Russia that is not within North America where it anti- voice is loud?

Peace

top topics

join