It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Power Shortages Could Continue For 5 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Wow, where does it end? 3 to 5 years will be a long duration with no power!
It sounds like Japan will be recovering slowly for years.
How many will want to leave I wonder? No power for years could be a final decision maker for staying or not.
I can't find any more sources yet for this, but will post accordingly as they come up.
Blessing to the Japanese.

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Man, I was kind of wigging out after 3 days with no power! Of course it was 49 degrees INSIDE also. No I was not prepared. So how do 127 million fare for years without electricity?

Hope they pass out free generators and solar panels.

spec

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This could actually be a MASSIVE godsend. Any low maintenance safe system of local power production could be just what is needed here. This would then be a world showcase for the actual viable alternatives to how the developed world powers itself locally and OFF GRID.

Ok it may not do much in the super high density areas like Tokyo but it may do enough nationally that the places that really need grid power get to stay powered and all the outlying towns and houses do it at local level.

Then maybe, just maybe enough people in the world will say "Hey why dont we do that?"

And maybe one good benefit in capitalism is that once any alternative power company starts to make money, good old greed will take over and some investors will start to see real returns and then the new gold rush will be on....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMind

I understand that line of thinking UM, and I too have wondered about this crisis as an example of things to come. I have pondered even further(conspiratorial wheels a spinnin'), and wondered if the tragedy there was used as a micro modality of how things would/could pan out on a grander scale.
But, in a hopefully more practical way, yes, I'm with you, this could be an opportunity for human innovation to take hold and serve as an example for developing industries.

Peace,
spec

join