It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitchell Coombes warns of 9.3 in Tokyo which will destroy Wako clock tower

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbove
reply to post by MegaMind

Exactly, i have seen my share of "genuine facebook pictures" so i cannot give any validity concerning them. IF many long-time ATS members could verify this indeed is on his facebook history, then i would consider looking into it more. Even then it would take something further to convince me, since a Facebook employee is all it takes to get "legit" info on that site...

Conveniently those predictions are behind restricted access, so no internet cache archives can be used to verify them.

The burden of proof really is on the one making claims.

Now that you and I are here now talking about it before "it happens". We can verify for ourselves the authenticity of the prediction should it occur - I certainly won't hold my breath.

He says he knows "professional hackers" which is how his info was derived. Certainly if half that statement were correct he could have people hack FB to give him this new found popularity.

I am skeptical, of course, but I won't dismiss this outright.

edit on 11-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Is this guy scum or what?

He seems to think that this is all a game, hence his reliance upon a freakin' card game to "predict" such events.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct.

If the Wako clock comes down i will admit being wrong, and this text shall stay unedited as a reminder over how wrong i was.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well...If there's any validity to his claims, then it's pretty much game over for Japan. The 2004 Tsumatra quake was a 9.3. latter down graded to a 9.0 if my facts are right. And I believe some 275,000 people were killed in that disaster. Granted, the tsunami took out most of the people, but I remember the talking heads and scientist all agreeing that any earthquake 9 or above would flatten any city in the world.

On top of the potential for more nuclear and radiological disasters, lets contemplate the effects on the already active volcanic region. Or in other words, all of Japan.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Loooool
I will bet with him on large amount money if he is correct on the next one .Prove me wrong and get rich Mitchell

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I am on his friends list. After he posted this he got hacked on FB with a trojan. It is getting very common on FB unfortunately. I did ask because when I woke up there was one while I was sleeping but he says another one. but, it could be the volcano or the one that sits on N. Korea and China they are talking about also.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
by the way he did predict the Japan quake correctly. it is not all based on the card game also. all the cards so far have really come true. I think it was the last 3 he got right. N. Zealand, Japan and one other one. so, will wait and see.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think we are all missing a glaring point here. IF he IS correct, it would point toward a strong possibility that Mother Nature isn't the culprit of these events, either that or some kind of sorcery or ESP....

Ah, the implications....

edit on 11-4-2011 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
being one who is of a curious nature, I sent a friend request to him. Unless you are his friend you cannot access his wall, where I assume all the interesting information is.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
I think we are all missing a glaring point here. IF he IS correct, it would point toward a strong possibility that Mother Nature isn't the culprit of these events, either that or some kind of sorcery or ESP....

Ah, the implications....

edit on 11-4-2011 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

You are correct -
If, and I do mean IF, he can give an 11 hour warning to an earthquake of a 9.3 on Tokyo and the earthquake is natural then he is an incredibly gifted psychic or someone he knows is. However, if this occurred, IF, then it would mean that more probably the earthquake is induced by artificial or man-made means and he was privy to this information, somehow ....

It's really too bad we couldn't have known about his FB page before 3-11-11, if that were possible (you know what I mean).

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In the chance that this guy might get the next one right, I will definately say hes on to something, Guys what a change to actually see a prediction come true, under the circumstances though id rather it didnt. I just cant understand how a set of playing cards can predict the future, unless what is to occur is artificialy planned.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In the middle of all this noise and extremism from both sides, is there anyone else like me out there who is generally a well-grounded, skeptical person, who cannot believe all this card stuff actually seems to have something to it and has a very hard time accepting that, yet at the same time can't ignore that the mountains of bizarre coincidences have piled up beyond explanation? It's too freaking weird if you don't have a preconceived theory of the world that it fits neatly into, and I try not to have one of those. It's just frankly one of the strangest things I have ever seen, and again, I can't really prove this, but if anybody who knew me knew I was saying that, I guarantee they would be surprised.

I know all about perceptual distortions, and all the very common errors and biases that even very intelligent human beings are subject to. I've looked at endless claims of strange things and in 99.9% of all cases, it's been very clear to me that the explanation lies with the fact that human beings are very bad at estimating probability and very good at finding patterns in anything at all.

So either I'm finally just falling for one, or there is really something unbelievably weird going on here. I don't believe in magic, and I definitely don't think Steve Jackson is psychic. I'm starting to think this all traces back to the Church of the Subgenius somehow, an organization I wouldn't find it at all impossible to believe was infiltrated or even established by intelligence agencies to begin with. Many of the stranger quotes on the cards come from Subgenius materials.
edit on 11-4-2011 by sepermeru because: noting

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Damn I'm good. I admit I was off by one tenth of one order or magnitude, but hey.. 6.4, 47 miles from Tokyo...

Ooooo, ahhhh.

If the guy nails a 9.3 i'll say I'm sorry. Until then he's just another doomsayer, of which we have millions these days. If someone somewhere predicts a tragedy everyday (which they do) one day, someone will be right. Heh

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

THANK YOU! You pointed out the obvious that people seem to ignore. I think this Coombes guy is a fraud, others have pointed this out on other threads about this charlatan, myself included. I'd love to see a documented "prediction" made by this guy that is truly genuine. I haven't seen rock solid proof yet though.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

And the pentagon and CIA aren't?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I thought t Mitchell signed up here on ATS?
Maybe someone who is in contact with him can get him to post here?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mitchell Coombes is just out for the attention. Every so often, I log on to Facebook and check his page. It seems that when the interest in him wanes, he makes his wall public. When he gets the attention he needs, it reverts back to private. This has happened twice (to my knowledge) since 3/11.

There is no reason to be throw out a cryptic prediction based on his picture changing. If he indeed knows "people" he can lay out a reasonable time frame. The reason for the cryptic prediction, more people giving him attention, checking his page every day.
edit on 11-4-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
The reason for the cryptic prediction, more people giving him attention, checking his page every day.

Excellent analysis
. He has set it up to keep people coming to his page to see if his picture changes.
edit on 11-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
As of 9:21pm EST he's changes his profile pic to the Wako Clock Tower.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaidGovernmentShill
As of 9:21pm EST he's changes his profile pic to the Wako Clock Tower.

serious? got a screen shot?

didn't he say it wouldn't be this week? changed his mind? Wow he won't get to enjoy his popularity for long if he's wrong - why didn't he drag it out?

11 hours and counting ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join