It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are They?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How can you say UFOs aren't real?
You can only say UFOs aren't flown by aliens.
UFOs are obviously real, but that doesn't mean aliens are in those unidentified flying objects.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

look around you this is already the end of the world... so they can land now, we are in the panic.
edit on 11-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
if we can travel above light speed and if we can find any intellegent live forms in universe, are we going to watch them onlly?? no contact? i dont thnink.

A Purely hypothetical thought= Yes, it could be a smart move to not make contact.

First you would observe, because you would really have no idea what these other creatures were like. Then, based on the results from the observations, you would decide to either make contact or not. If the conclusions from your observations were that this creature was nothing more than a violently hostile and greedy creature, it very well may be a wise move to not make an official and widespread contact. It may be much smarter to stay hidden and only make contact with a select few.

Really though, it would depend on what they really want and/or need.
This may be a far stretch, but it is possible that an alien race might even be more violent and more greedy than humans. I doubt it, but it is a possibility.

edit on 4/11/11 by BrokenCircles because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

No they can´t just land and say "Take me to your leader". They already did that but that´s another story. The truth is most people aren´t ready for this kind of change and a official first contact would bring a huge change that´s for sure. Think about one minute what you would do if tomorrow Obama announces that they in fact exist and we had our first contact in the mid 1940s? I know i would be mad as hell and i guess many people too.

I don´t get why you are so bored because there are tons of material online and not just YT videos. I admit the real UFO stuff seem soemtimes pretty boring and it´s mostly science talk but I for one keep my focus on the UFOs in space and eyewitness reports from credible sources. People with high level clearancees and of course the guys who walked on the moon and flew to space.

The only question is why would the governments all over the world hide such important thing from us?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

dont believe until see with your eyes

allah/god created us

So when did you meet Allah?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

see now THAT would have been a better title, but instead they called it Melancholia....d@m them! but cangrats on coming up with the next one word movie title 'blockbuster' lol

edit on 11-4-2011 by hybridkate because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Nuclear physicist Enrico Fermi famously asked, "If there are technologically advanced aliens in the galaxy then why aren't they here?" And went on to explain his reasoning in what has become known as the Fermi Paradox:

Fermi's Paradox

The galaxy contains roughly a hundred billion stars. If even a very small fraction of these have planets which develop technological civilizations, there must be a very large number of such civilizations. If any of these civilizations produce cultures which colonize over interstellar distances, even at a small fraction of the speed of light, the galaxy should have been completely colonized in no more than a few million years [1]. Since the galaxy is billions of years old, Earth should have been visited and colonized long ago. The absence of any evidence for such visits is the Fermi paradox.

Note at the time it was not known how many, if any, other stars had planets orbiting them. Now we know that most stars probably have planets orbiting them so the likelyhood of technologically advanced aliens is even higher yet still they are not here.

Do we have cooties?

Have they been here and decided we are not useful for anything and taste bad?

Are we really alone?

Is there a Galactic Federation that has put us under an embargo.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Nuclear physicist Enrico Fermi famously asked, "If there are technologically advanced aliens in the galaxy then why aren't they here?" And went on to explain his reasoning in what has become known as the Fermi Paradox:

Fermi's Paradox

The galaxy contains roughly a hundred billion stars. If even a very small fraction of these have planets which develop technological civilizations, there must be a very large number of such civilizations. If any of these civilizations produce cultures which colonize over interstellar distances, even at a small fraction of the speed of light, the galaxy should have been completely colonized in no more than a few million years [1]. Since the galaxy is billions of years old, Earth should have been visited and colonized long ago. The absence of any evidence for such visits is the Fermi paradox.

Note at the time it was not known how many, if any, other stars had planets orbiting them. Now we know that most stars probably have planets orbiting them so the likelyhood of technologically advanced aliens is even higher yet still they are not here.

Do we have cooties?

Have they been here and decided we are not useful for anything and taste bad?

Are we really alone?

Is there a Galactic Federation that has put us under an embargo.

Who knows?

You definitely put it well.

The "cooties" idea is definitely one possibility i like to think about occasionally. I've read/watched stuff that say they pretty much came down a long time ago and laid out the makings for a species to advance into us, by whichever means, just for the sake of creating a race to enslave and use for whatever miscellaneous work. I think people like Einstein, and several other inventors, artists over the centuries may have given the impression that we hold a greater worth than mere slaves (a percentage of us anyways XD). As for why they wait so much..... well with advanced tech their lives could be seriously significantly longer..... so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if not only were they a more calculating, but much more patient race.

So what could they be waiting for...... Well, I'd like to think that they hope that if they give us enough time we won't need saving, and that accomplishment alone would be a great thing for our species that they may feel they do not have the right to take (given they are the friendly wise types). They could already be helping us and pushing us in the general direction, just from the sidelines as to not encourage large populations to just flock to them for all the answers and help we need to live the grand lives that some of us do.

I really feel that a lot of people turn to much to gods and those around them for the fixes to their problems. Its good to be able to have those around you who will lend a helping hand..... but to have people rob you of the ability to be self-reliant for the most part is kind of saddening. In the end you have mass amounts of people looking to a select few for answers...... which can be good..... or can lead to crap like the holocaust.

So who knows, maybe they are friendly peeps who just want to see if we can learn to pick ourselves up. Cause if they weren't friendly.... I cannot really see them just leaving us alone once they find us.... unless they aren't all that more advanced protection wise from our weapons and/or are smart alongside being malevolent.

Personally I hope they are friendly..... the idea that there is an actual "big brother(s)" up in the sky, giving us slight nudges in the right direction to protect us from ourselves, while at the same time showing us what kind of people we need to be if we wish to live up in the big blue bayou alongside them and whoever is out there. Cause if we ever to plan to go out into the stars..... we cannot be the same people who stole the united states from the natives, cannot be the people rounding up jews, blacks, "witches" and burning/hanging/baking them in ovens. If those types continue to hold power as we go out into space, then it will only lead to people of our own species becoming the exact kind of aliens we fear of meeting; savage thieving self-centered Beasts. That and the rest of us peaceful types will be associated and blamed by those blinded by/seeking revenge.

I think they are waiting for more of the human populations to on average, "grow up". For all we know there could already be humans way Way the he!! out there alongside our universal siblings, simply reaping the rewards of living a truly caring/giving life on a planet filled with some seriously deranged beings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join