It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - Most important event in history?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
While I too think, that calling this wedding the most important event in history is a bit over the top, the thought is quite interesting.
Maybe you have heard of the Global Consciousness Project... it might be worth looking, if they get any synchronized readings that day.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sirrurg
While I too think, that calling this wedding the most important event in history is a bit over the top, the thought is quite interesting.
Maybe you have heard of the Global Consciousness Project... it might be worth looking, if they get any synchronized readings that day.

Interesting...and aligns perfectly with the overall point I was trying to suggest.

(actually, I didn't call this the most important event in history...it was a question..a open ended question actually that cannot be resolved until after the event in regards to the point).

Thanks for the link..pretty skeptical about this whole subject, but its a interesting test nonetheless..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You're asking a conspiracy theory website that mainly targets a demographic of grown men who don't have jobs or live in their moms basements. Oh and they believe Obama is a CIA agent.

Asking these people what they think about a tremendous event such as this wedding is like asking Bush what he thinks about Afghanistan: He doesn't know what it is but he thinks its evil and it should be bombed.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've lurked here for ages, and had another username, but had to create a new login just so that I could reply to this post.

I do think that there is something in the '2 billion people being happy at the same time' shtick - I'm English, and I like the Royal family, though I don't necessarily agree with a lot of what they get up to. I live in London but I'm not going to go into central London to get a good view of the couple going past. I'm not going to have a street party, and my wife will probably make objecting noises if I try to watch it on TV.

however, here's the thing, there will be people, watching it live, who will be happy, and there will also be a whole lot of other people not watching, who will also be happy, just because they have an extra day off - they'll be sat in the park, maybe having a picnic, enjoying some familly time with the kids - whatever they're doing, it's likely better than being stuck in an office, so the knock on, having a bank holiday, is a whole shed load more people being happy indirectly.

Yes there will likely be lots more drunkeness, but I think it'll be 'happy' drunkenness, where people have supped slowly all day, and are just merry, the amount of alcohol fueled violence, I'm quite sure will be a lot less.

plus we all get an extra day to recover from the weekend, so more DIY done round the house and garden, that also will make me feel happier.

Many people will say 'Oh I didn't watch the wedding, but I did go to such and such place, or I did get this and that done' so all in all I'd say a net positive affect will be seen across the country.

hopefully.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I couldnt give a crap about the royal wedding, and Im incredibly annoyed that they chose to have the wedding on MY BIRTHDAY, which then it turn has made it ridiculously difficult to book the day off from my bar job...

But, if everyone joining together to celebrate something nice like a wedding is going to happen, why are people bitching and moaning about it? The royal family may well not actually be important, but for whatever reason people want to celebrate it I don't see how it can be a bad thing.
And, even though I definately will not be working on the 29th, I will happily bet all the lovely birthday money I hope Im getting that there will be significantly less drunken fights occuring that day.

I mean really, its just one day, you can all go back to despairing over how pants the world is on the 30th.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
where`s the IRA when you need them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, the "Royal Wedding" will be the "Most important event in history", if we make it that! Why dont we just ignore it and shut up about it ???!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know what you are trying to say about 'happy thoughts' and 'happy positive vibes' around the globe and maybe this could work on some other day with people globally focusing on positivity but when it comes to just focusing on this wedding.... it's only going to send positive vibes to the 2 people getting married.

I decided long ago that i won't be watching the wedding.... i'll just see the headlines on the net when i log in and say 'good luck to ya'.... then i'll go about my day.... i have great things hopefully happening in my life too, i shall be focusing on myself.

TBH there are far more concerning matters right now.... one of them being the radiation fallout from the nuke plant in Japan and just other events happening which need attention...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
TBH there are far more concerning matters right now.... one of them being the radiation fallout from the nuke plant in Japan and just other events happening which need attention...

I used to talk on this old spiritualist channel (forever the skeptic, basically there to debunk the so called psychics and such, but whatever, was bored).
Anyhow, there was this one old spiritualist type guy whom challenged me..he was an intellectual, just on a different mindset to embrace all that stuff.

I said something similar about how we need to focus more on the bad crap in the world and basically ignore the good. his retort was"energy flows where attention goes".

Upon thinking of that, it reminds me of the two wolves tale...one wolf is prosperity and peace, one wolf is anger and hate. you only have one meal to feed them, which one do you feed to help thrive and grow?

Consider a different aspect if that is too subtle.

Ratings...media loves that stuff.

We see massive spikes in ratings with horrible news, so what is the response? more horrible news, commentary on how horrible things are, paranoia, angst, grief, etc...end result, people start getting anxiety disorders, medicated, doped up on whatever distraction while fueling xenophobia and rage.

Imagine a world where we were aware of the horrible events, but our focus was on positive things, joy, learning, happiness...how different would the world be if ratings showed people respond far more to positive things than negative things.

We are programmed to shun good news and feelings and try to fan the flames of misery..why? why is this the norm? Why is it normal to have a gut reaction hate to the concept not of who is getting married, but just the simple process of sharing celebration and joy on a global scale?

There are plenty of threads on how reptilian dimension soul suckers produce negative emotions to feed..although I personally view such theories as bunk, imagine for a moment if its true...if it is a fact, then I would suggest this thread alone shows their remarkable success at supression of the concept of joy over fear.

Yes, we could all focus on the nuclear fallout in japan..not that we would do anything except up the ratings of disaster and having the media respond in kind to get more disasterous and paranoid news out there..influencing us to dwell even more about this thing we cannot stop but only fear, etc...spiral of fear.

Why not break out of the mold...question why your very gut reaction rejects it...become curious about your responses..
again, this isn't about the royals in specific, nor is it about england...this is about community joy that may (or may not) alter something significant...but until its tried, then it will not be known and we remain stuck in the rut of negative soup.
edit on 12-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I definitely believe in collective consciousness/collective energy.. but I do not think this will inspire any of it. I think in order to really spark a collective of thoughts and energy, it has to be something that makes people feel connected to their fellow man. Somebody mentioned the Global Consciousness Project, which is a great thing. 9/11 showed significant collective activity for GCP, because it was an event that shook us all out of our heads for a second. We had to stop our normal, self-absorbed routine and saw these poor people jumping off the building and what not.. that's why it meant something on a collective level, because we felt for our fellow man. This will do nothing of the sort. We might as well get 2 billion to watch the same episode of TMZ or Access Hollywood at the same time.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well, I do believe in negative and positive energy, and also that focusing on negative energy will bring more negativity to your reality and as well as focusing on positivity will bring you more positivity. So a collective positive event of 2 billion people should bring more positivity to their realities.

But, however, I don't believe this wedding will have any noticeable effect on the anything, here's why. For me, this wedding brings me absolutely no happiness, it actually annoys, frustrates, and disgusts me. For like the past 2 months, or whenever the wedding was first announced(I try not to pay attention to it), this BS has been all over every news channel LITERALLY every or every other day. WHY??? Every time I flick through the news I have to hear about it, and not just the news, its talk shows, magazines, the radio, its everywhere. Why does this meaningless event get so much media attention? I swear this is hardcore mind distraction, mind numbing, brainwashing right in our faces. There are sooooo many more important things that need to be on the news and the media that are not, and yeah they are mostly negative things, but thats not being negative the reality is that this planet is going to hell in a hand bag and we really need to know how bad it is so we can properly use our minds to fix our problems, not push our problems to the background and butter coat over the lies with a "happy wedding" oh yeah! Look at them and their love I'm so happy now the world is great life is good!..................

I don't even want to know how much the wedding is going to cost, but I'm confident its WAY TO MUCH, now sure, everyone has the right to spend their money how they see fit, but really? The way I see it(my opinion) is if watching this wedding on TV makes you happy then you clearly are not well enough informed about the world around you or you don't care about the world around you, or of course, that you have been brainwashed and indoctrinated into believing that society is great and the royals are important and that somehow their wedding is going to make you happy, I mean whats so special about them, I'm sure if my wedding was aired on TV, or any other average persons wedding was aired nobody would give a s#!t and would probably make fun us, why?

Why do people love whatever the media machine tells them to love?

Just a quick note a bit more back on topic, it's all about the individual perception, if I were to watch this wedding it would probably upset me, not because I'm negative, but because the wedding is negative. Some people might watch the wedding and get happy, but IMO, thats not because they or the wedding is positive, but because they have been led to believe its positive. I do not believe a negative event in the mask of positivity will bring any noticeable positivity to the world, except perhaps in individuals, however it won't be true for it will be carrying bad karma.

How did they get that number anyway, 2 billion people to watch? That seems like way too many, like wayyy to many.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Royal weddings have an effect on girls world-wide because it stimulates the "someday my prince will come" archetype in their consciousness'. Most girls would prefer to marry a princely-type guy who has notoriety and lots of money to spend on her and her projected offspring. Does anyone know a girl who would take something less in a mate if the opportunity arose to marry an aristocrat? The Charles and Diane wedding had the same effect. The girls who worked with me at that time woke up around 2:30 a.m. to watch that royal wedding. Now they don't have to rise so early with the ability to record off the TV; but a recording won't have the same appeal as watching it live which has the benefit of immediate identification. You can't really blame the Brits for going ga-ga since they're raised on the myth of a ruling class and inequality of birth; resulting in a genetically determined class system.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How this thread got on ATS is beyond me. This is hardly a secret or a conspiracy unless you believe Prince William is the next anti-Christ candidate. Well, (no kidding) I heard Princess Diana was of the Merovingian blood-line, so this opens up all kinds of possibilities--reptilian no less!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well the saying does make sense but don't get me wrong.... a happy event is a happy event for anyone who is involved in a happy event!!

I'm not saying i'm focusing on Japans disaster.... i'm just saying it's a more important event than a wedding right now.... unless it was my wedding then it wouldn't be more important for that day.

Also weddings can make people depressed because they aren't married or aren't going to get married or because they were divorced this year.... so it can also be a negative thing for some...

But if this works for you, then good luck to you.... i'd like to read what happened with you on the 29th and whether you felt you had actually made any difference to the wedding itself... please post on the 29th or 30th about what the day did for you and whether you know others who experienced anything...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I could think of a few things to match those numbers.

Chilean Miners, 2008 Beijing, 2004 Athens, 2000 Sydney Olympic games, 9/11, 7/7, 2008, 2004, 2000 US Presidential Election Coverage, US Invades Iraq, US Invades Afghanistan telecasts, 1969 Moon Landing.

Most of it is just speculation as I highly doubt that a tad under 1/3 of our population is goin to watch this, probally realistically like less then 750,000,000 at most. No 2 Billion! Hopefully we aren't that stupid.

It's going to dominate no doubt The British Isle's, Europe and a few Commonwealths, beyond that, no big numbers in say Asia, The America's, Africa, The Middle East, The Pacific Rim, Oceania, The Carribean.
edit on 12-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
2 billion people are going to tune in,what a lot of rubbish,they can hype this up all they want but no one in the uk realy gives a # about the royal family,you will see the BBC(British Brainwashing Company) showing a few token street parties making out the whole uk are behind this,when reality is we have been coluded into it to make it apear ok during times of austerity when everything has been cut back ,think how lavish and opulant this wedding is goin to be when most folk are in deep debt and losing thier jobs and cuts in services,the royal family are the biggest crooks going,they apear to be doin good in all thier charity work but where do you think that charity money comes from,the british public,they are one of the richest families in the uk and they own a very large amount of the land we live in and still the uk taxpayer subsidies these parasites,i grew up likeing the royal family and looking up to them as an example of how to be and aspire to but now i know they are crooks,True americans will boycott this wedding because you fought long and hard to get rid of those crooks in 1776,dont let the media brainwash you guys.

i totaly agree with the OP about positive thoughts, but when your thinking positivly about crooks and not very nice people your thoughts are not realy that positive.
edit on 12-4-2011 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am more than happy to support a worthy cause in positive energy. Especially a global one.

Unfortunately, due to the subjects, in this instance, I regretfully decline.

Unfortunately it has more to do with the sordid past of the Royal Family, the world's oldest drug cartel and the main worldwide purveyor of addictive Opiate drugs such as Opium and Heroin.

Research our world history by educating yourself on the Opium wars of 1840 and 1858 between the British and the Chinese as well as the Treaty of Nan king and Queen Victoria.

Also as to how the port of Hong Kong was given to the British.

In essence the British forced the importation of Opium onto the Chinese after having beaten them into submission, in order to create more opium addicts whose addiction and proceeds were used to pay off their British tea based trade deficit with the Chinese.
Versus paying the deficit in Silver.

And even today ...we have record cheap Heroin world wide.
Kid in the USA can buy Heroin cheaper and easier than a six pack of beer.
Why do you think we are occupying Afghanistan, with record opium poppy production with none other than the British ?

I don't subscribe to hate and having nothing against the Prince and his Bride to be.

But I due have to use the word hate in that I hate the phony Pomp and Circumstance that is financed by the profits from poor people's drug induced misery and suffering.

edit on 12-4-2011 by nh_ee because: Say NO to DRUGS ! Don't support the Royal Family !

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I would say that the christening of the royal twins in Denmark is more interesting...

2nd line...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
OP there have been 'happy moments' in history
Olympic games, Soccer world cup, Man on the moon and the many holidays celebrated
I care more about those than this wedding benefiting a royal family and broadcasters

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

Chicks and their romantic crap. I hope ufos show up like people think they might. That would make me watch.

Some people think that UFOs might show up??????
It's nice to know that they are keeping up with tabloid news.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join