It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - Most important event in history?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Most important event in history??????? No are you serious????? No really..... are you really serious???????
The biggest waste of tax payers money...... well yes.
You lost me at that part when you mentioned a royal wedding and it being important.

Then you failed to see what the thread is about in context.

Why did you post if you are not posting about the topic? Do you normally start talking randomly?

now, go back reread it, and then give me your incredibly important opinion...or move on and be off topic in some other thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
missunderstanding
edit on 11-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I personally like where you are going with this. I can definitely buy into the "collectie energy" theory. The fact is: You cannot disprove this to me, so why would I not keep an open mind about it?

While I'm of the same thought as most who have posted in that I just don't give two #s about the "royals" and didn't plan to watch. Maybe your perspective may just give me the motivation to tune-in and just maybe you're right. Hell, even if you're wrong, it's not like I haven't spent countless hours of my time doing something far less significant

Thanks for providing some food for thought.
edit on 4/11/2011 by freakjive because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well every little bit of positive energy has an effect and maybe in this case it will be enough to raise our vibrations to a level where people generally feel a lot happier on the day - maybe even lasting a week! Those that don't watch the wedding could exprience the positive energy through talking to friends, family and anyone on the street

I really doubt there will be 2 billion watching it live though; I doubt even 30% of the British population will be watching

(UFOs showing up at the wedding or a royal reptilian transformation would be AWESOME
)
edit on 11/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by jimmyx
does this belong on ATS? who gives a rats rump (ok, 2 billion people), but they are like the people that stare at a car wreck as they go pass...please find another blog for this trivial and superficial crap.

Your inability to see the true impact of a collective focus to potentially alter the world is inconsequencial. You have demonstrated only your inability to see the subject matter for what it is.

sorry about that...being 58 years old and having been around the block a few times, i base my world on reality, and not on "collective focus"

Yes, but reality does show that physical condition is effected by energy and focus...placebo for instance.
What your suggesting however is that there is nothing outside of what we already know to be true...no amount of meditation will effect anything, no amount of positive or negative reinforcement will change anything...the world is stagnant and we have achieved all the science and understanding we will ever achieve.

being 58 years old, surely you know by now that you know nothing (part of being wise is knowing your a fool).
I am a hardened atheist personally, and I see this not cynically, but rather as an experiment...watch, hype, focus, and see if there are any changes after...you can consider it a scientific test if you hate using new age terms.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I won't be watching and i'm sure most of the British population won't be either after polls have shown that they would rather watch a reality TV show.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sort of funny to see how a group of "open-minded" people can be so "close-minded".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is another point to it and that is you are witnessing history even if it is second hand through the media of TV. There a number of historic moments which are watched by millions but very few that can be classed as happy and memorable occasions.

Perhaps the landing on the moon could be classed as one or as some would have it the fake landing on the moon. Very few marriages are watched by millions no matter how much celebrities advertise them, Royal Weddings are perhaps the exception along with the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth the second, no matter whether you are a monarchist or an anti royalist for most people a marriage is a happy occasion. As the original poster says with so much positive energy generated it is a pity we could not also focus on good things happening at the same time and ramp up the positive energy a notch.
edit on 11-4-2011 by keldas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think the point of this thread has been missed by most people. Its not a " lets bitch about the royal family and moan about what a waste of money they are" oh and, "theyre shape shifting reptillians" type thread. Saturns point was about the power of the positive thoughts of 2 billion people united. To not consider that this has any weight at all means that one would also have to regard the power of prayer and meditation as nonsense.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Im a little dissapointed by the reaction to your thread so far. I am in no way a royalist, but you have made a very valid point, two billion people feeling happy could very much be considered a unique event. Im also a little cynical of all the royality bashing in this forum, would you americans consider the Bushes to be the american equivilent?, my point being, the british royal family are part of a world wide elite, and i wonder if London would be constantly packed full of tourists if we did not have them.
Anyway, I hope the sun shines on the 29 April, and that nothing bad happens as that would be just another nail in the coffin for this blody world.
(The chances of the sun shining are less likely than ufo's landing btw)

well at least you have a sense of humor... bashing is not the same as apathy, and i think that's what most of us feel...weddings are for family and close friends, and that's why they are special. anything else and you bordering on
a puesdo-circus entertainment, or at least a much more mannered reality show. great! they are getting married..whoopee!...how's that?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Sort of funny to see how a group of "open-minded" people can be so "close-minded".

And so negative. People seem to be looking for the worst in everything these days. Collective negativity and doom is never a good thing :shk:

Half the people that watch the wedding, are probably only going to watch to see if something goes wrong. What a sad state of mind the world is in.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can assure you that even without any event like the royal wedding happening, there is at any point in time more than 2 billion people being happy. Does it manifest into something? No.

I can't imagine into what that could manifest itself into.

link   
If collective thoughts worked then life today would be very different.
Politics would be different,wars,taxes etc etc etc.
When 1 million people with the same focus come together in protest and get no change then I think my point is proven.

As for the royal family....they are the useless eaters not us as prince charles called us.
Delete the elite!!!!

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So...nobody so far has any comments about focused positive energy by a mass amount then?

Surely some of you can get your head out of your own feelings and negativity for a half second to just ponder it...well, sure, some of you won't be able to, but I imagine there may be the odd person that can actually address the implications of the topic verses how they personally feel.

Awake...the people of ATS always considers themselves awake, yet they cannot address the actual topic without turning it onto them personally.

awake as a log

It was interesting reading the responses you got, amazing how nearly everyone completely ignored the point you were trying to make and turned it into a Royal bashing thread

I as an ATS member do believe in positive and negative energy, and I do believe they can be manipulated, and the concept you mention of 2 billion all having a good feeling at once would be quite magical, especially if all that positive energy could be directed. The problem I see is even if 2 billion do watch it which I find highly debatable, how many will actually be happy? I fear most with be apathetic towards it, many will even be envious or filled with hatred, I hardly imagine many in the ME cheering the British royal family

I feel it wont make much difference in reality, after all 750 million watched the Charles and Diana wedding, when people were far less cynical and that did nothing.

Nice post though

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Impossibru! There has never been a UFO landing other than "Roswell". Now how many times very there sunny days? I'm sure more times than UFO landings...

link   
reply to post by freakjive

There is a difference between being open minded and being a mental whore?
My point being that my mind like many peoples, doesn't spread its (figurative) legs for just any old concept that comes along.

link   
2 billion people watching.. Something will go down.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I think the point of this thread has been missed by most people. Its not a " lets bitch about the royal family and moan about what a waste of money they are" oh and, "theyre shape shifting reptillians" type thread. Saturns point was about the power of the positive thoughts of 2 billion people united. To not consider that this has any weight at all means that one would also have to regard the power of prayer and meditation as nonsense.

wow!...the power of positive thoughts of 2 billion people??? really?...you would think that with the olympic coverage appearing every 2 years, coupled with all that positive thought displayed around the globe, that we would be in a much better place in todays world.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Was it the Dalai Lama or Gandhi who said that they wouldn't go to an anti war march - only to a peace march.

I get what you're saying.

If you can find joy in seeing other people happy and in love then that's wonderful! But so many people aren't there. Luckily, they don't know that they're not there, so they don't know what their missing. Takes all kinds to make a world. Everything in moderation, including moderation. And in April a royal wedding is a great thing to take in (moderation).

I'll e-raise a glass of champagne with you!

We're making a night of it and that's a commitment in San Francisco as it starts at 3am or some gadawful time
a bunch of us are bringing our daughters and watching it all together as a pajama party.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am a US citizen of Irish and Scots descent. Technically, I should not care about the royal wedding. However, I am a historian and medieval re-enactor, so I do find it all very interesting. I don't have the time to check it out now, but I believe that some studies showed a drop in crime during Prince Charles' wedding to Lady Diana Spencer (as well as during Princess Diana's funeral). Who knows if this was the result of people being home so thieves found it more difficult to break in without being seen or if it was due to the positive thoughts of millions of well-wishers? I'd like to think it was the latter. But, the most important event in history? No, I don't think so. It will be shown at a time here in the US that I'm commuting to work and the DC Metro does not have tv service yet, so I won't be able to watch most of the wedding. I wish William and his Kate well, and hope that any positive energy generated is channeled by those sensitive to it to do the most good for this world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join