It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHOST Adventures the TV show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My favourite story concerning these type of shows took place a few years ago on Most Haunted when outed psychic, Derek Acorah, was caught cheating by parapsychologist, Keiran O'Keefe. Keiran suspected that Derek was faking so he left supposed historic information concerning a south African gaoler named Kreed Kafer. Of course, Derek fell for it and went into a trance and spoke in an hilarious accent as Kreed Kafer... It was only later that Kerian revealled he'd made it all up and Kreed Kafer was an anagram of Derek Faker... And how did UK Living, the channel who screened Most Haunted, do when they found out..? They gave Acorah his own TV show!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

i think they just wanted to spice it up just for entertainment. alot of the locations they go to are legit haunted locations according to the majority of paranormal researchers.

i cant prove they are faking evidence but when paranormal teams find the same type of evidence as other researchers in my eyes proves its not fake atleast for that tidbit of evidence... for example start at 5:40

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood
My favourite story concerning these type of shows took place a few years ago on Most Haunted when outed psychic, Derek Acorah, was caught cheating by parapsychologist, Keiran O'Keefe. Keiran suspected that Derek was faking so he left supposed historic information concerning a south African gaoler named Kreed Kafer. Of course, Derek fell for it and went into a trance and spoke in an hilarious accent as Kreed Kafer... It was only later that Kerian revealled he'd made it all up and Kreed Kafer was an anagram of Derek Faker... And how did UK Living, the channel who screened Most Haunted, do when they found out..? They gave Acorah his own TV show!!!

Derek acorah is a wally lol although he can be funny sometimes. You did'nt need to catch him out to tell he was a faker. His show that he came out with was crap aswell. I used to love most haunted at one point but i just got sick of the same old BS. Ghost adventures is by far the most entertaining. Who ever said Zac was like a child had it spot on. Although i find his energy and enthusiasm refreshing. Aaron goodwin canbe summed up in four words. "oh my god dude!" and nick roth is Zac's little sheep. When he saw that ghost at the linda vista hospital his reaction was classic.
edit on 11/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Yeah i have to agree with you. Ive noticed that TAPS has covered a lot of the same places that Ghost adventures has so i wonder how a comparison of the two would stand up. I think it would be hard to set up and find out otherwise i would give it a shot.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

yeah once i have the time i think im gonna start a thread. im sure the ats community would help out alot. it would be cool to find a few clips of evps from a particular ghost then put it in some kind of voice recognition software and see if that program says its a match.

if someone has the time to create a thread like that be my guest

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I believe some of the things that are on this show is staged, however I also do believe that some may be very real, these after all real haunted locations.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I too watch ghost adventures a lot. I take it with a grain of salt and zak is far too ready to accept "evidence" but I feel that sometimes there are genuine moments captured. I watch it sheerly for the entertainment factor nonetheless. If you like the sort of thing, check out Destination Truth on syfy tuesday nights. Its hilarious and they look for ghosts or cryptids all over the world in awesome places, and sometimes find real evidence, but most of the time, just make fun of and debunk their own target. I love that show.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I believe that Ghost Adventures is probably the least tainted of the paranormal shows on TV, and is the only ghost hunting type of show that I watch regularly. A good friend of mine was offered a paranormal television show for his group, but refused because he said it would ruin their credibility.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think of all the shows in the genre (Paranormal files, Destination Truth, Ghost Hunters, GH and GHI) the production all points to the OMG moment, then commercial, then it comes back and it's nothing. And that gets aggravating after so much.

Ghost Hunters I think is the most credible as they don't tend to catch so much as Ghost Adventures. Both shows do use some ridiculous gadgets I don't truly believe work (GA with the voice creator, rolling my eyes). GH has been kinda slow though as I think their ability to travel to really haunted locations is hampered by their families and Steve's incredible fear of flying. They have been doing places I don't really think have much paranormal activity.

Ghost Adventures just tries too hard to hype their investigation, and the lead guy Zak is practically yellling half the show. Calm down over there. They seems to catch a TON of EVP's, a mean a TON and its a little skeptical. However, they did catch a full body apparition in one of their episodes.

Destination Truth is by far the most entertaining. Josh Gates is a natural on TV and I have to give his team credit they go all out. Sure, some of the stuff they investigate is utter BS (Tree People? Come on!). Their last season was only 6 episodes, which is way too short. I think half the fun of the show is them just getting to these places.

Paranormal Files/Fact or Fake: This show is the most hardcore about evidence. They will stop at nothing to debunk something. I was overjoyed someone finally investigated the Spaulding Light phenomenon and was shocked they couldn't debunk it. The hardcore style gets a little boring at times, but I trust their findings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join