It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Talking - In a woman's voice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I tend to talk in my sleep sometimes. Actually, I yell a lot in my sleep, and often wake myself up because of it. But this morning when I woke up, my father asked me if I was yelling in my sleep. He said he hear a woman's voice (I'm a dude) yell "Not now!", and got creeped out because there were no women in the house. He said he got goosebumps and wondered if the house was haunted or something.

Right about the time he said it happened, I was having a dream where I was Anna from V. or at least I was in a clone of her body or something. Too bad I don't have a recording of myself, I'm curious as to how much I sounded like a woman.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Buy a cheap voice recoreder with usb
Record one night at the time and upload it to your pc
Sit down with a cop of joe with your headphones on
Start listening, perhaps fastforward until you hear woman voices
Cut the part out where you do the woman talk
Upload it to www.4shared.com...
And post the LINK here on ATS
Thanks

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Hi Cusp. I wanted to respond to you because of a post you made that I stumbled upon during a Google search of something unrelated. You wrote a little while back:

Reminds me of night terrors I used to have as a kid. They were either deafeningly loud, or a roaring silence, one or the other. Maybe they're the same thing. Those dreams were also accompanied by geometric shapes and the most terrible feeling of slowness.

This is the first time I have ever come across somebody that has had nightmares during childhood that very much reflect my own (I'm 37 now). In mine I would be bombarded first by tiny pebbles in silence or with whispers(small geometric shapes) and then by boulders (large geometric shapes) accompanied by incredible noise. Then things would go quiet again and the pebbles and whispers would resume. Then the boulders and noise. This back and forth would continue until I woke up. I get freaked out just typing this and thinking about it.

In any case, I'd be interested in hearing more about the night terrors you had. Like I said, they sound very similar to mine and I've never been able to really describe to anyone what they were like.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by investingdad

Well you can find lots and lots of great descriptions of those kinds of night terrors in this thread www.dreamviews.com...

As for trying to record myself talking in my sleep, all I've gotten so far is hours and hours of snoring punctuated by the occasion yelled word or short phrase. Nothing that interesting, and no talking in a female voice.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
reply to post by investingdad

Well you can find lots and lots of great descriptions of those kinds of night terrors in this thread www.dreamviews.com...

Wow. I read the whole thread you linked to. I have goosebumps. Somebody actually mentioned boulders falling on them, which is very much like my experience. What I was missing in my post here, and the words I used to describe this dream to my wife one time, was infinetly big contrasted next to infinitely small. That is it EXACTLY. Holy crap. I cannot believe so many people have had variations of this freaking dream. And the feeling of creeping slowness followed by terrible speed.

Clearly not a coincidence.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not a coincidence, but most likely cognitive dissonance. Just 2 diametrically opposed ideas existing in the same space.

join